IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i hate dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07 | 09:37 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
TSB means nothing if it's not reproducible by them. Just because you say so isn't a good enough reason for them to fix/repair. They won't get reimbursed from Lexus otherwise.
So I have to take my car to them to fix the nav issue when the nav is already off track? That seems a little absurd. The wheels were dirty as hell... what more proof do they need for that issue? Only issue that isn't easy to reproduce is the engine cranking noise... which according to him has to do with a water or air pump. So what was to point of your post again?
Old 05-15-07 | 09:42 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Need to take a chill pill before you approach again. That kind of behavior gets you no where
Old 05-15-07 | 09:54 AM
syn1313
Rookie

i'm having the same problem with West Kendall Lexus.. The service guy told me to go home and wait to get something in the mail for the TSIB for the brakes.
Old 05-15-07 | 09:57 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by car_lost
So I have to take my car to them to fix the nav issue when the nav is already off track? That seems a little absurd. The wheels were dirty as hell... what more proof do they need for that issue? Only issue that isn't easy to reproduce is the engine cranking noise... which according to him has to do with a water or air pump. So what was to point of your post again?

I agree with you, even if the Service Advisor is just another sales men he should be versed in his job and know about the issues that Lexus is having with their vehicles. It seems a little nuts to me that they don't know these things, and what is worse.. is that some dealerships are fully aware and others are not. Whatever happened to consistency? I'm sure Lexus got to where it is by excellent customer service but now they need to work on consistency.

Perhaps the best thing to do is approach the dealerships again and see if they are aware of your issues and their fixes. I'm sure with proper research on their part .. they'll understand where you are coming from. It doesn't make any sense for the service advisor argue with you -- he should have taken your concerns and went and researched them.

You'll find the people on these boards who seem to give posters a hard time because of the way they are *acting* are the first to cry the hardest when something happens to their own car.
Old 05-15-07 | 10:35 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

So I have to take my car to them to fix the nav issue when the nav is already off track? That seems a little absurd.
How else do you you expect to get it fixed? If they see it, they'll fix it. Each replacement disc has to be ordered for the affected VIN, and the old disc returned.
Old 05-15-07 | 10:38 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SonnyIs350
Need to take a chill pill before you approach again. That kind of behavior gets you no where
I didn't give either advisor any attitude... 0. I'm letting out my frustrations here
Old 05-15-07 | 10:41 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

How else do you you expect to get it fixed? If they see it, they'll fix it. Each replacement disc has to be ordered for the affected VIN, and the old disc returned.

Thats a given, and I think he understands that.

Obviously not all dealership operate in the same fashion. I would like to think someone complaining about their NAV issue is telling the truth -- or else why get it changed? Still the same maps. Not all service advisors are hard @$$es and actually want to please and help the customer. Something as simple as the Navigation disk will probably just be replaced at the majority of all dealerships. Duh its going to be sent back or else how would the dealership get credit? Its a known issue within certain VINs. If the car falls within the VIN range and has that issue.. why question the customer? The dealership is still going to get credit for the work.

The same thing about the TSIB with the brakes. It is at the customer's request and it clearly says so in the TSIB. If the service advisor wants to give the customer a hard time -- well that seems abit silly especially if the car still has less than 15k miles on it and the brakes still have life on them. If the car has over 20k miles and has almost worn the brakes down, well.. yeah I can see an issue, but even then the TSIB says at the customer's request.

I think you just like to challenge what everyone says.
Old 05-15-07 | 12:11 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Buds
IMO you are over reacting. Do you really expect these guys to know every TSIB for EVERY model from EVERY year? I sure as hell dont. So it takes you an extra 60 seconds to read the guy the TSIB and have him look it up... big deal.

Think about it this way... there are currently 8 models this year. Figure about 3 TSIB's per model, now figure that there are TSIB's still coming out for the past four model years... That's 96 TSIB's (I'm being VERY generous seeing as there are 21 TSIB's for the IS alone) Do you really expect him to know all of these off the top of his head?
We have 21 TSIB's? I can only think of like 3 off the top of my head (brake dust, nav, and dash board rattle).
Old 05-15-07 | 12:26 PM
illawgical
Driver

good luck in getting everything taken care of... hopefully if you take the TSIB printout to them, they will help you out in a better fashion.
Old 05-15-07 | 12:26 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by illawgical
good luck in getting everything taken care of... hopefully if you take the TSIB printout to them, they will help you out in a better fashion.
I sure hope so.
Old 05-15-07 | 01:46 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Thats a given, and I think he understands that.

Obviously not all dealership operate in the same fashion. I would like to think someone complaining about their NAV issue is telling the truth -- or else why get it changed? Still the same maps. Not all service advisors are hard @$$es and actually want to please and help the customer. Something as simple as the Navigation disk will probably just be replaced at the majority of all dealerships. Duh its going to be sent back or else how would the dealership get credit? Its a known issue within certain VINs. If the car falls within the VIN range and has that issue.. why question the customer? The dealership is still going to get credit for the work.

The same thing about the TSIB with the brakes. It is at the customer's request and it clearly says so in the TSIB. If the service advisor wants to give the customer a hard time -- well that seems abit silly especially if the car still has less than 15k miles on it and the brakes still have life on them. If the car has over 20k miles and has almost worn the brakes down, well.. yeah I can see an issue, but even then the TSIB says at the customer's request.

I think you just like to challenge what everyone says.
A lot of people here just see TSB as a way to get something FREE, even if their vehicle isn't affected. They just assume, hey, I'm in the range, I'm entitled to a freebie! My nav was fine for the first 14 months (and was within the VIN range). So, yes, there are nav units VIN within the range AND that are functioning perfectly. I'm sure the dealers get sick and tired of every fan boi walking in with a copy of a TSB demanding something. I'll bet they don't get as much hassle from LS, RX, etc owners.
Old 05-15-07 | 01:53 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

A lot of people here just see TSB as a way to get something FREE, even if their vehicle isn't affected. They just assume, hey, I'm in the range, I'm entitled to a freebie! My nav was fine for the first 14 months (and was within the VIN range). So, yes, there are nav units VIN within the range AND that are functioning perfectly. I'm sure the dealers get sick and tired of every fan boi walking in with a copy of a TSB demanding something. I'll bet they don't get as much hassle from LS, RX, etc owners.
I've had the nav go off track on me 3 times while I was using it. Twice while I was in Orlando and once while I was in the Florida Keys. I don't know my way around these areas so it was a pain in the *** trying to get it back on track and not something I want to have to do. Even if it hasn't happened to you does not mean it will not happen. I would get it fixed... it might happen in a moment where you really need the nav.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:25 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

So are you assuming that Car_Lost just wants something free from his TSIB?

= /

I think the majority of people wouldn't want the dealership to TOUCH their car unless they had to. I guess you're assuming now that people are demanding? If you have an issue with your car.. and you've founda TSIB that basically is your problem and the dealership has no idea what it is.. I think the customer has a right to be annoyed. The best consumer is an informed one.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:43 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

I don't think I'm over reacting. It's his job to know this stuff... not mine. If he really doesn't know... instead of telling me there is no TSIB, he could tell me that he will have to do some research or something. But I guess thats to difficult for their simple minds.
The service advisors should be aware of all the TSIBs once they rec'd them from corp HQ. All they have to do is ask what car u drive and cross referrence it with the TSIBs.
I was told over the phone that they've never heard of the TSIB for 250 brake pads even though I told them I have a copy in front of me. They said I will be notifed as soon as they hear from HQ. In less than 15 mins the dealership called and said they just rec'd the TSIB 2 days ago (I think a good reason not to be FULLY aware) and made an appt for my car.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:45 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

The brake dust TSB for the 350 has been out for a while now.

Quick Reply: i hate dealerships