IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i hate dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07 | 02:45 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by duckduck
We have 21 TSIB's? I can only think of like 3 off the top of my head (brake dust, nav, and dash board rattle).
9 of those were for the manual/documentation but they are still TSIB's... but thats also why I only gave about 3 per model.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:48 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by car_lost
So I have to take my car to them to fix the nav issue when the nav is already off track? That seems a little absurd. The wheels were dirty as hell... what more proof do they need for that issue? Only issue that isn't easy to reproduce is the engine cranking noise... which according to him has to do with a water or air pump. So what was to point of your post again?
I'm sorry but wheels being "dirty as hell" is not proof of an issue. If that was the case than every BMW, Mercedes, and G35 on the road has an issue.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:49 PM
caudlek
Driver

WRT : the engine cranking noise

He didn't mention the fuel pump, he said either air or water pump. I don't remember which one exactly but it was one of those 2. He also described the exact sound so we were both talking about the same thing.
My service MGR and service Advisor told me it was the fuel pump as well ,,,,, I’m not suggesting their dishonest, or incompetent, but their not hearing the sound. They have little interest in spending too much time on intermittent sounds ,,,,, that is obvious.

I have forwarded my sound byte to lexus (Canada) ,,,, and await their response.

Is this the sound your hearing ( from the 4 sec mark to 6)???

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...2787_noise.flv

KC
Old 05-15-07 | 05:59 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Buds
I'm sorry but wheels being "dirty as hell" is not proof of an issue. If that was the case than every BMW, Mercedes, and G35 on the road has an issue.

You'd think you were his service advisor.
Old 05-15-07 | 07:30 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Extreme brake dust on all ISX50s is a valid TSB, and they'll change your brakes. Unlike BMW, Mercedes and Infiniti.
Old 05-15-07 | 07:47 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CoasterG
Extreme brake dust on all ISX50s is a valid TSB, and they'll change your brakes. Unlike BMW, Mercedes and Infiniti.
I realize that and I am fully aware of the TSIB however if I were to bring any car to a dealership and point out to them that there was lots of brake dust on the rims I guarantee that 99% of them would not quantify that as a problem. The only reason Lexus has is because of the numerous complains that have been received. That's all I was trying to say. Excessive brake dust is not a performance or mechanical issue... it's purely cosmetic.

Last edited by Buds; 05-15-07 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-15-07 | 08:08 PM
Turkf26
Driver
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by caudlek
WRT : the engine cranking noise

My service MGR and service Advisor told me it was the fuel pump as well ,,,,, I’m not suggesting their dishonest, or incompetent, but their not hearing the sound. They have little interest in spending too much time on intermittent sounds ,,,,, that is obvious.

I have forwarded my sound byte to lexus (Canada) ,,,, and await their response.

Is this the sound your hearing ( from the 4 sec mark to 6)???

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...2787_noise.flv

KC
WOW... i was always wondering what this "sound" sounded like so i knew what to hear for. That is one of the most horrid sounds i have ever heard. Almost sounded like my eclipse one time when the lifters didnt have any oil in them and made that same sound for about 5-10 seconds. Does it make that sound everytime you start up the vehicle?

My car is at Lexus of Sacramento right now. I had to drop off the vehicle on Saturday and they were not very giving in wanting to give me a loaner car. I told them i can only drop it off on Saturday and wanted a bunch (3) dash squeeks fixed. I called them today and they had not even done my 5k oil change let alone drive my vehicle. I immediately told the service advisor my dissatisfaction with their service and low and behold, they made the shop forman drive my vehicle, and guess what, he heard all the squeeks

I guess you learn what dealers to go to and what dealers not to go to. Next time i think ill try Lexus of Concord and see how their service department is compared to Lexus of Sacramento.
Old 05-15-07 | 10:07 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

To the OP, if you can, ask around and see which dealer and which service advisor (SA) knows their stuff. I always take my car into dealerships that have gotten good word of mouth recommendations. I just bring my car in and say "John Doe recommended me to you." and the SA always welcomes me and offer to assist however they can.

This is especially helpful if you mod your car because a lot of SA's out there are NOT mod-friendly. You bring your modded car to the wrong SA and you can screw yourself out of warranties.
Old 05-15-07 | 10:11 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
To the OP, if you can, ask around and see which dealer and which service advisor (SA) knows their stuff. I always take my car into dealerships that have gotten good word of mouth recommendations. I just bring my car in and say "John Doe recommended me to you." and the SA always welcomes me and offer to assist however they can.

This is especially helpful if you mod your car because a lot of SA's out there are NOT mod-friendly. You bring your modded car to the wrong SA and you can screw yourself out of warranties.
Yeah when I bought my car my saleslady told me which two Service Advisors she recommended and even pointed out which ones I should avoid.
Old 05-16-07 | 05:46 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I realize that and I am fully aware of the TSIB however if I were to bring any car to a dealership and point out to them that there was lots of brake dust on the rims I guarantee that 99% of them would not quantify that as a problem. The only reason Lexus has is because of the numerous complains that have been received. That's all I was trying to say. Excessive brake dust is not a performance or mechanical issue... it's purely cosmetic.
So why even argue the point with the guy?

He felt his brakes were too dusty. He wanted the TSIB done. The TSIB isn't for anything else but cosmetic reasons..... = /

I'm sorry to I guess quote you but it baffles me as to why you'd question why he would want the TSIB done. I got mine done. You going to pick on me next?

And before you start on me about a freebie my brakes were done before I hit 15k mark and I still had PLENTY of life on my brake pads. And now I don't have to see or put up with brake dust all over my silver wheels.

And thats a great feeling!
Old 05-16-07 | 07:50 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
So why even argue the point with the guy?

He felt his brakes were too dusty. He wanted the TSIB done. The TSIB isn't for anything else but cosmetic reasons..... = /

I'm sorry to I guess quote you but it baffles me as to why you'd question why he would want the TSIB done. I got mine done. You going to pick on me next?

And before you start on me about a freebie my brakes were done before I hit 15k mark and I still had PLENTY of life on my brake pads. And now I don't have to see or put up with brake dust all over my silver wheels.

And thats a great feeling!
I never questioned WHY he would want the TSIB done... I completely understand. I was questioning why he expects his service adviser to know about every TSIB for every make and model. He had the TSIB in hand while talking to the dealer yet he didn't bring it up or mention it... instead he comes here and whines about how his dealer sucks and how they are a bunch of idiots. I simply wanted to know WHY it was so difficult to tell the Service Adviser that there was in fact a TSIB and given him the TSIB # or send him a copy of it. We've heard story after story about SA's not knowing about the brake dust TSIB and no one else has had a problem showing the TSIB to their adviser.

I also found it irrational to think that someone would expect a person to believe that dirty wheels constitute a problem. But to waltz into a dealership and say 'my wheels are dirty now fix it' is absurd. How about something like "My wheels are filled with brake dust and here's a TSIB for it. Can you take care of this for me?" A little common courtesy goes a long way...
Old 05-16-07 | 08:05 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

I only had the Navigation disk TSIB with me. I now have both which I will be taking with me on Saturday.

You ASSUME that I went in with an attitude. I didn't. I was calm the whole time. I am glad he acknowledged the nav disk TSIB without having to mention that there is a TSIB for it. I was disappointed that he didn't know about the brake pad TSIB. He said Lexus was working on a fix for it so he obviously knows about the issue, which also pertains to the IS250 and GS350.
Old 05-16-07 | 08:10 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I only had the Navigation disk TSIB with me. I now have both which I will be taking with me on Saturday.

You ASSUME that I went in with an attitude. I didn't. I was calm the whole time. I am glad he acknowledged the nav disk TSIB without having to mention that there is a TSIB for it. I was disappointed that he didn't know about the brake pad TSIB. He said Lexus was working on a fix for it so he obviously knows about the issue, which also pertains to the IS250 and GS350.
Well based on your attitude in all of your previous posts how were we supposed to know that?

I'm not the only one...
Originally Posted by SonnyIs350
Need to take a chill pill before you approach again. That kind of behavior gets you no where
Old 05-20-07 | 06:42 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

This just keeps getting better. I printed out the brakes TSIB and the fat midget SA wasn't even interested in looking at it. Apparently it's not the fix Lexus rally wants... it's just a bulletin I'm typing from my cell phone and searching is a pain on it. Can anyone please provide me with the number to Lexus corporate?
Old 05-20-07 | 06:56 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

This just keeps getting better. I printed out the brakes TSIB and the fat midget SA wasn't even interested in looking at it. Apparently it's not the fix Lexus rally wants... it's just a bulletin I'm typing from my cell phone and searching is a pain on it. Can anyone please provide me with the number to Lexus corporate?
looks like you got stuck.....
1-800-25-lexus
I guess calling them is the way to go.....
hope this helps.....
keep us posted!

Quick Reply: i hate dealerships