IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07 | 11:30 AM
cancellino
Pole Position

Default Bluetooth

Is there a way to adjust the bluetooth sensitivity in our cars without going to the dealer?
Old 05-15-07 | 12:29 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Hold down the INFO Button if you have NAV... and turn your headlight signal from the off position to the the middle position (the position before you turn your headlights on) back to off and keep doing that until your nav screen shows an alternate menu with one of the options being bluetooth...
You can look through that and you can adjust the sensitivity.
Old 05-15-07 | 02:50 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Hold down the INFO Button if you have NAV... and turn your headlight signal from the off position to the the middle position (the position before you turn your headlights on) back to off and keep doing that until your nav screen shows an alternate menu with one of the options being bluetooth...
Is this for real?? Seems kinda quirky to me. lol
Old 05-15-07 | 02:57 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Yea really.... WTF?
Old 05-15-07 | 02:58 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

this cant be for real...you would have heard of this hidden menu by now and the ones that have navi eespecially as this would probably allow us to change the settings as where possible in the past.
Old 05-15-07 | 03:08 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Its not... There isnt a way to adjust the bluetooth anything. That guy was just kidding people.
Old 05-15-07 | 03:16 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Its not... There isnt a way to adjust the bluetooth anything. That guy was just kidding people.
I guess some people have too much time on their hands...
Old 05-15-07 | 03:21 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

It is true, at least if you have NAV. Give it a try. There are lots of things in this service menu. I'd be somewhat careful in what you fiddle with
Old 05-15-07 | 03:25 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by totalstu
It is true, at least if you have NAV. Give it a try. There are lots of things in this service menu. I'd be somewhat careful in what you fiddle with
So you have done this...? Could you please do it again and post some pics?
Old 05-15-07 | 03:29 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I'll try it tonight... I need to increase the sensitivity so it will quit disconnecting my phone
Old 05-15-07 | 03:38 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

Originally Posted by heyheyhey
I know that this will show the alternate menu (it was posted before and I tried it), but I do not recall being able to adjust anything or given the option to adjust anything.

Well Since I am at work and have nothing better to do, I thought I would try it. I'll be damned it works. Turn the car on, but don't start it, then do as indicated above (see quote), this will bring up a menu.

This first menu is a systems check, in the upper right hand corner there is a menu button and from there you can access the blue tooth...you can make it louder for the sender or receiver. There is also a key pad, but I dont know what it is for and honeslty I am a "coniglio" when it comes to messing with the "programing" of a car.

I adjusted the blue tooth volume - I will have to see if it works on my way home.

Last edited by cancellino; 05-15-07 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Tried It...
Old 05-15-07 | 04:46 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Wait wait wait.... so where is the thread talking about EVERYTHING that you can do with that menu? I am curious now, what all can be done in there?
Old 05-15-07 | 04:55 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

There is already a thread about this right here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...php?t=191734:D
Old 05-15-07 | 05:58 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Ah thanks. Well it doesnt look like there is anything useful or that everyone is changing but that bluetooth level thing.
Old 05-15-07 | 05:59 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Ah thanks. Well it doesnt look like there is anything useful or that everyone is changing but that bluetooth level thing.
Yea but ithought the hidden screen was awsome, But the bluetooth sensitivity really helped since i dont talk loud enough

Quick Reply: Bluetooth