IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS Rubber Floor Mats and 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 08:05 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default IS Rubber Floor Mats and 6MT

Picked up a set of rubber floor mats yesterday......They use very thick rubber and looks pretty good. I think this is a pretty good investment if you plan to keep the car for a long time....

I dont think that would be an issue for AT owners, but for MT owners:

the edge of the floor mat for the driver side meets with the clutch pedal and it "kicks up" the corner of the mat and sticking on top of the pedal.

I'll probably stick some velcro on the bottom of the mat and that should keep the mat from kicking up again.........

It's not like a big deal but I found out it's rather annoying ......lexus should have thought about that when they designed the mats???
Old 05-17-07, 08:11 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the protection and the ease of cleaning rubber floor mats, but IMO the ones for the IS are hideous. I couldnt get past the way they look so I could get them.
Old 05-17-07, 08:13 AM
teracon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of rubber IS mats from the beginning (10/2005) and I noticed yesterday that a hole is occurring below the gas pedal. Guess I have a heavy foot...
Old 05-17-07, 08:16 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teracon
I have a set of rubber IS mats from the beginning (10/2005) and I noticed yesterday that a hole is occurring below the gas pedal. Guess I have a heavy foot...
What!? Oh thats lame! i thought they were supposed to be tougher than than the stock ones! They shouldnt be getting a hole in them! How long have you had them?
Old 05-17-07, 08:17 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teracon
mine had a big crack under the gas pedal after like 6 months of use. It was replaced under warranty.
Old 05-17-07, 08:45 AM
sailing217
Pole Position

My 6mt with black rubber also has the hole in them just after 10 months use. They keep the car clean. Carpet mats are my trunk liner...

Kickin8: There are 2 Different Sizes of mats. Sounds like you got the AWD mats that has a bigger kickplate. Or if it's catching just because of the way they fold them for shipping, I just bent the mat the opposite way for a day with a brick to hold it in place and haven't had it catch the clutch yet. I'd check to make sure the mats are for RWD cars. ---at least that's what the dealer said about having 2 different sets of mats.
Old 05-17-07, 08:48 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by sailing217
My 6mt with black rubber also has the hole in them just after 10 months use. They keep the car clean. Carpet mats are my trunk liner...

Kickin8: There are 2 Different Sizes of mats. Sounds like you got the AWD mats that has a bigger kickplate. Or if it's catching just because of the way they fold them for shipping, I just bent the mat the opposite way for a day with a brick to hold it in place and haven't had it catch the clutch yet. I'd check to make sure the mats are for RWD cars. ---at least that's what the dealer said about having 2 different sets of mats.
Thanks for the tip, I think they got me the right set of mat (I'll double check it tonite).

As what you said, I think the mat is kinda "bent" and that's why it happend like that (?). Will try to bend the mat the opposite way and add some velcro to it....
Old 05-17-07, 09:41 AM
Koofteh
Pole Position

I got them for free on my previous car which was an RSX. When I was cleaning my stuff out of it for the last time a few weeks ago I removed the rubber mats and saw they were totally brand new and awesome.

Felt kinda stupid having stuck to the rubbers myself and kept the carpets perfect for the undeserving second driver. So I wasn't really interested in them for the IS.
Old 05-17-07, 11:15 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

i got my rubber mats, but thier in the trunk for now. i like the cleaner look of the interior with the regular mats, but once the winter hit the rubber one's go in, so no dirt, salt, sand, ad snow doesn't get everywhere
Old 05-18-07, 02:01 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Default update

Originally Posted by sailing217

Checked the part #, and they are the correct ones for RWD. Looks like the mat has been bent for a while, so i took it out and bent it backwards......works perfect now!

Thanks for the tip! I am now a happy camper (l'll make sure I'll keep my receipt just in case the mats go south on me before the 12 month warranty)
Old 05-18-07, 09:04 AM
rroy
Pole Position

I had the same problem with the rubber mats getting caught on the clutch pedal. I tried bending the rubber back, but had no luck. I ended up cutting a notch out of the rubber and havent had any issues since.
Old 05-18-07, 09:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by rroy
I had the same problem with the rubber mats getting caught on the clutch pedal. I tried bending the rubber back, but had no luck. I ended up cutting a notch out of the rubber and havent had any issues since.
roy: have u tried velcro ?
Old 05-18-07, 09:45 AM
rroy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickin8
roy: have u tried velcro ?
No I havent. I probably should have before cutting the mat but I managed to solve the problem.
Old 05-18-07, 09:59 AM
acsan
Driver

Originally Posted by tt061880
mine had a big crack under the gas pedal after like 6 months of use. It was replaced under warranty.
Ditto! I just noticed the crack under the gas pedal earlier this month after about a year. Got mine separate (didn't come with car) from Sewell so I'm not sure if it's covered under any warranty on its own.
Old 05-18-07, 10:51 AM
teracon
Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
What!? Oh thats lame! i thought they were supposed to be tougher than than the stock ones! They shouldnt be getting a hole in them! How long have you had them?
I had them for about (17) months....

Quick Reply: IS Rubber Floor Mats and 6MT