IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

i hope they dont screw me over

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-07 | 02:28 PM
drewj12
Rookie

Default i hope they dont screw me over

so my IS came and will be available for pick up next week and I requested the dealership NOT to wash the car because I don't want any swirl marks, though I heard the car will be pretty dirty. do you guys think they'll listen or just wash it anyways...?

also Im thinking of getting the car detailed but whens the soonest you guys recommend from when I get my car. btw it has only 2 miles on it.
Old 05-19-07 | 02:40 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

welcome to CL!

to answer your question, check out the detailing section:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/automotive-care-and-detailing-122/
Old 05-19-07 | 02:40 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Well from what I have heard the dealerships are usually pretty good a listening to that, but Id stay on them and keep reminding them! Um, I think that you should get that thing protected right away! The black paint on this car is really unforgiving. Spend a few hours at autopia and learn all you can. Focus on this guide to start with, read ALL of it. Then youll have a good start.

Nice purchase man!!! And offically welcome to CL!!!

And since every will ask you at some point anyway, how long did you wait for the special order, where did you buy it, and how much did you pay?
Old 05-19-07 | 03:02 PM
drewj12
Rookie

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Well from what I have heard the dealerships are usually pretty good a listening to that, but Id stay on them and keep reminding them! Um, I think that you should get that thing protected right away! The black paint on this car is really unforgiving. Spend a few hours at autopia and learn all you can. Focus on this guide to start with, read ALL of it. Then youll have a good start.

Nice purchase man!!! And offically welcome to CL!!!

And since every will ask you at some point anyway, how long did you wait for the special order, where did you buy it, and how much did you pay?
thanks. I can't wait to start driving around.

the total was $28,734.00 through a good friend from toyota

unfortunately the car didn't come in 3 months, I ordered it on 1/11 and I got the call that it arrived 5/14. for all of you still waiting for your cars, try and be as patient as possible as hard as that may be.
Old 05-19-07 | 03:03 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Man!!! Thats is freaking great deal you got!!!! ML with nav and manual and special order for under 29K. Lucky! Congrats man! And Welcome again!
Old 05-19-07 | 03:10 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Does Ohio require a front plate? If you don't want the front bumper drilled TELL THEM NOW AND BE SURE THEY FOLLOW YOUR DIRECTIONS. It's no big deal to me, but some folks don't like the front drilled.
Old 05-19-07 | 03:12 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Yea thats a good one too!!!! God I hate that they did that to mine!!! Now I have to have a lame mini plate to cover up the holes on the front!
Old 05-19-07 | 03:17 PM
drewj12
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Does Ohio require a front plate? If you don't want the front bumper drilled TELL THEM NOW AND BE SURE THEY FOLLOW YOUR DIRECTIONS. It's no big deal to me, but some folks don't like the front drilled.
dam i almost forgot about that yeah it doesnt really matter if you have it on the front or not nobody cares here. i already made the call and its done. good shot.

Last edited by drewj12; 05-19-07 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-19-07 | 03:24 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by drewj12
thanks. I can't wait to start driving around.

the total was $28,734.00 through a good friend from toyota

unfortunately the car didn't come in 3 months, I ordered it on 1/11 and I got the call that it arrived 5/14. for all of you still waiting for your cars, try and be as patient as possible as hard as that may be.
that's one hell of a deal......get me one too, please?
Old 05-19-07 | 04:08 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Evitzee,

I live in Pearland, just south of Houston, and I thought long and hard about not getting the front plate installed on my new IS250 last week. However, I notice that there are cops on a local highway in Pearland just waiting to stop people without the right tags and a front plate. There is a cop when I pull out of neighborhood in the morning, and another one when I pull in after the daily grind.

I've seen them stop many Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes Benz owners for not having the front plate.

I like to have a drink or two after work sometimes at happy hour, and I don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over. So I went with the front plate.
Old 05-19-07 | 04:13 PM
sashax415
Pole Position

I agree that you should protect it right away. Hit it with a clay bar and seal it up. You may also want to look into a clear bra asap.
Old 05-19-07 | 04:14 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drewj12
so my IS came and will be available for pick up next week and I requested the dealership NOT to wash the car because I don't want any swirl marks, though I heard the car will be pretty dirty. do you guys think they'll listen or just wash it anyways...?

also Im thinking of getting the car detailed but whens the soonest you guys recommend from when I get my car. btw it has only 2 miles on it.
I don't get the whole swirl thing in this forum, and maybe I'm a bit naive. My new Smokey Granite Mica IS 250 was washed by Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston before I went to pick it up, and it was spotless with no swirl marks whatsoever.

When you ask for a car that isn't on the lot, there is a possibility that it is coming from another dealer who has probably washed it before. Sterling McCall was very careful with my car, and I inspected the paint job throughly. No marks whatsover, and the odometer read 12 miles, the last 8 of which I put on during my test drive a few days earlier.

Why would a Lexus dealer be so careless to put swirl marks on a car that the buyer hasn't even picked up yet?
Old 05-19-07 | 05:14 PM
Jeff777
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me
Evitzee,

I live in Pearland, just south of Houston, and I thought long and hard about not getting the front plate installed on my new IS250 last week. However, I notice that there are cops on a local highway in Pearland just waiting to stop people without the right tags and a front plate. There is a cop when I pull out of neighborhood in the morning, and another one when I pull in after the daily grind.

I've seen them stop many Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes Benz owners for not having the front plate.

I like to have a drink or two after work sometimes at happy hour, and I don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over. So I went with the front plate.

Dont drink and drive. It will ruin your life and maybe someone elses. I had a few buddies popped in texas and they never recovered. Even my dad was popped not to long ago near austin, coming from golf. I use to take chances but was popped once and let go. It was my b-day and a damn lucky day for me.
Old 05-19-07 | 05:18 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

after they put on my rear lip spoiler a week after i got the car, they did not wash it prior to that because i told them not to. now when i picked up my car i saw it went through their car wash and those guys wiped the car down with towels, i had scratch marks and swirl marks everywhere. i only had the car a week and didn't have time to properly seal up the paint and i was pissed when i saw it. and i have a black car, i got most of it but still see their deep scratches, **** me off. next time they are going to get reamed if it goes through after i told them not to, normally their pretty good and the GM is a family friend but the guys in the back sometime just do not care.
Old 05-19-07 | 06:11 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

I would make sure the car is washed on pickup, how else will you know if there are any scratches from transit or defects in the paint? When I picked up my car it was spotless and i noticed s scuff mark under the drivers door....luckily it was from a shoe and was easily buffed out before i left the dealer.

Quick Reply: i hope they dont screw me over