IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nav address input help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-07, 09:38 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav address input help!!

I am a little frustrated/miffed at the Nav system. I have had the car for about 8 months now and don’t really use the system that much, certainly not every day or even every week. I have however noticed a very annoying problem with the system.

I am going on a six day golf trip and playing at five different courses . Figured I would go out to the garage and bang in all the addresses just in case. So all five golf course addresses come back with the “house number does not exist on this street.” Hmmm….that sucks. So I go the POI button and input one of the cities and search the golf category. Success, it shows my course! I hit the info button and BOOOOM there it is. The same exact address that I had just punched in and told me that “house number does not exist on this street.” WTF! I was able to find all golf courses going through layers of the POI method and they ALL had the same exact addresses that I had typed in for them. I was able to find one of them by inputting the telephones number. Again…address was the same.

I have noticed this a couple others times but tonight it really hit me. I can understand if it does not have the address on file but how can it fail to find a location by address input when the address is most definitely on file.

Anybody else notice this??

Another example was several weeks ago. Going to dinner at a restaurant that has been in downtown Atlanta for a couple decades. I had been a few times but thought I would let the new NAV show me the way. Same thing. Tells me the house does not exist at that address but the POI restaurant category has it and again shows the address that I just put in.

Those of you who put in a lot of addresses please tell me if this is normal or not?
Old 05-19-07, 09:43 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh, I have no idea what might be causing that, but just an idea... There is a setting the nav section somewhere to set what region you live in... Find it, and check to make sure that its set to the one youre in....
Old 05-19-07, 09:46 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i notice that too... now i input the street name first then the street number afterwards.
Old 05-19-07, 09:48 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Huh, I have no idea what might be causing that, but just an idea... There is a setting the nav section somewhere to set what region you live in... Find it, and check to make sure that its set to the one youre in....
I have the correct region selected.
Old 05-19-07, 09:48 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i notice that too... now i input the street name first then the street number afterwards.
so does that work?
Old 05-19-07, 09:59 PM
evotolexus
Driver

Originally Posted by golfproatl
I am a little frustrated/miffed at the Nav system. I have had the car for about 8 months now and don’t really use the system that much, certainly not every day or even every week. I have however noticed a very annoying problem with the system.

I am going on a six day golf trip and playing at five different courses . Figured I would go out to the garage and bang in all the addresses just in case. So all five golf course addresses come back with the “house number does not exist on this street.” Hmmm….that sucks. So I go the POI button and input one of the cities and search the golf category. Success, it shows my course! I hit the info button and BOOOOM there it is. The same exact address that I had just punched in and told me that “house number does not exist on this street.” WTF! I was able to find all golf courses going through layers of the POI method and they ALL had the same exact addresses that I had typed in for them. I was able to find one of them by inputting the telephones number. Again…address was the same.

I have noticed this a couple others times but tonight it really hit me. I can understand if it does not have the address on file but how can it fail to find a location by address input when the address is most definitely on file.

Anybody else notice this??

Another example was several weeks ago. Going to dinner at a restaurant that has been in downtown Atlanta for a couple decades. I had been a few times but thought I would let the new NAV show me the way. Same thing. Tells me the house does not exist at that address but the POI restaurant category has it and again shows the address that I just put in.

Those of you who put in a lot of addresses please tell me if this is normal or not?

Check the exact punctuation and abbreviations. Also, remember, spaces count as characters. I accidentaly hit an extra space and got the "house does not exist". Once I removed the space, matched exactly.
Old 05-19-07, 10:05 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so does that work?
works for me. input street name, select city, then input house number.
Old 05-19-07, 10:06 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by evotolexus
Check the exact punctuation and abbreviations. Also, remember, spaces count as characters. I accidentaly hit an extra space and got the "house does not exist". Once I removed the space, matched exactly.
hmmmm...yah I could see that but I am sure that I did not make any mistakes.

and besides, the system found the street. By that I mean...I put in the number portion of the address and then hit the "street" tab. It starts to blackout keys as you input the name of the street and before you finish it post up several choices for you. I would select the correct street from the list and hit "ok" and then it tells me that number does not exist on that street or something to that effect.
Old 05-19-07, 10:08 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
works for me. input street name, select city, then input house number.
I'll give it a shot in the morning!
Old 05-19-07, 10:15 PM
evotolexus
Driver

Angry

hmmmm...yah I could see that but I am sure that I did not make any mistakes.

and besides, the system found the street. By that I mean...I put in the number portion of the address and then hit the "street" tab. It starts to blackout keys as you input the name of the street and before you finish it post up several choices for you. I would select the correct street from the list and hit "ok" and then it tells me that number does not exist on that street or something to that effect.
I'd make sure you didn't put a space after the last number in that field.

also, from someone who just moved from GA, make sure you have the right directional in the street name. That used to frustrate me, It'd be Peachtree St, but then there's 20 options for (DR, ST, ST NE, ST NW, STREET, etc...) That would drive me crazy.
Old 05-19-07, 10:18 PM
evotolexus
Driver

I'll give it a shot in the morning!
Technically, doesn't make any difference in what order. However, the order does filter out more addresses depending upon which order you pick.