IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How to make Mp3 with folders?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 10:48 PM
Jay.Diem
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you use Winamp or Windows Media player... they offer really nice playlist sorting abilities....by artist, play count, albums, etc..etc..

There is no need to copy all your existing songs into a separate folder or anything...

1. Just organize your songs the way you want (it doesn't matter where they're located), and then create the playlist (preferably *.m3u extension).

2. Open up Nero Express (Part of Nero Burning Rom package)

3. Select MUSIC -> MP3 DISC

4. Create a folder for each playlist you want...navigate into that folder

5. Drag and drop your M3U file that you created into this folder, Nero will build the file burn list for you.

6. repeat step 4-5 for all the different folders you want (create separate playlist for each folder).
Old 10-05-07, 10:53 AM
GNG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Roxio and you create a folder (ie: Beatles) and then drag each album (assuming you have them still in albums on your computer) into that folder. Of you could create new folders (ie: Beatles early songs, Beatles later songs) and grab songs that you like and put them into the folder. Make sure you click on the option to lock in the songs in that order or they will play alphabetically in your car.

I created an "Oldies" disc, and have all of my favorite artists in a separate folder. Then I can either shuffle the entire disc (using RANDOM feature) or can skip to the next folder. The Random feature seems less than totally random, however - sort of like when an iPOD plays the same damn songs again and again even though you have thousands stored. Weird logic - can't figure that out.
Old 10-05-07, 03:01 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IronPhoenX
This is probably old but I just discovered that iTunes can burn MP3 CDs, sorts, and automatically creates the folders for you on the CD. I couldn't find it in the iTunes help, but I found the info on the iTunes support website. Makes it a lot easier by just creating a playlist and then burning it. Here's the link...
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60931
I wasn't aware that iTunes can burn ISOs? Wouldn't it burn it into an audio cd and therefore eliminate the use of cramming songs into a data cd as opposed to making an audio cd?
Old 10-05-07, 04:40 PM
IronPhoenX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shoyuu
I wasn't aware that iTunes can burn ISOs? Wouldn't it burn it into an audio cd and therefore eliminate the use of cramming songs into a data cd as opposed to making an audio cd?
You can only do them with songs that weren't bought through iTunes...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/611win.html
Creating your own MP3 CDs

You can use iTunes to create CDs of music in MP3 format; the songs sound as good on the CD as they do in iTunes. (MP3 is a high-quality, Internet-standard encoding method.) You can listen to MP3 CDs you create on special consumer CD players or on your computer.

Before you burn a CD, you need to create a playlist containing the songs you want on the CD. You can store more than 12 hours of music, or about 150 songs, on a 650 MB CD-R disc. (You can see the size of the selected playlist at the bottom of the iTunes window.) If you plan to play the CD only on your computer, you can use a CD-RW disc instead.
To create an MP3 CD:

1. Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, and then click Burning.
2. Choose MP3 CD as the Disc Format, and then click OK.
3. Select the playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD, and make sure all the songs you want to include have a checkmark beside them.
4. Click the Burn MP3 CD button (at the bottom of the iTunes window).
5. Insert a blank disc and click Burn MP3 CD again.

If the playlist contains more songs than fit on a CD, iTunes burns only the number of songs that fit on one disc, and then asks you to insert another disc to continue burning the remaining songs.

If your playlist includes songs in formats other than MP3, such as songs purchased from the iTunes Store, they aren't burned to the CD.

Songs you download from the Internet may be of different quality because other encoding formats were used.
Old 10-06-07, 09:38 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Ah I did not know that. Thanks man. I usually use Nero, but it's nice to know I have an alternative.