IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How to make Mp3 with folders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-07, 06:38 PM
DevJ
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to make Mp3 with folders?

First of all, my search only pulled up the NAV Hack when i typed this in and then the search engine stopped working for me?

Anyways..

For those of you with nero (or any other program) how do you make different music folders? Thanks!
Old 05-22-07, 07:03 PM
1022it
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

honestly, that is way too simple for me to even explain. but i will try me best.

you can do this many ways...
1. utilize your pre-existing MP3 library format that is within your PC. for example: if you have your mp3's organized by genre, artist, etc.. you can simply click and drag those folders within nero.

2. within nero you can click "edit" then click the "create folder" button.
--wow that took two seconds for ME to find, why are you having a hard time again?

3. create the entire CD organization within your file browser than click and drag the entire pre-created CD into nero.

there are probably about 30 other brainless ways to get this done. i hope you and others can figure this out without asking a car club for technical support with your computer.
Old 05-22-07, 07:08 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

..... iTunes!
Old 05-22-07, 07:19 PM
DevJ
Driver

that was not very nice response. i asked a simple question which i did not know the answer to.

but thanks anyways for telling me, im not very good with computers.
Old 05-22-07, 07:24 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1022it
honestly, that is way too simple for me to even explain. but i will try me best.

you can do this many ways...
1. utilize your pre-existing MP3 library format that is within your PC. for example: if you have your mp3's organized by genre, artist, etc.. you can simply click and drag those folders within nero.

2. within nero you can click "edit" then click the "create folder" button.
--wow that took two seconds for ME to find, why are you having a hard time again?

3. create the entire CD organization within your file browser than click and drag the entire pre-created CD into nero.

there are probably about 30 other brainless ways to get this done. i hope you and others can figure this out without asking a car club for technical support with your computer.
Man.... kinda harsh... Here at CL most of us are willing to go out of our way to help any fellow members regardless of their level of knowledge. Thanks for answering his question, but next time leave the sarcasm and insults out of it.
Old 05-22-07, 07:28 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Man.... kinda harsh... Here at CL most of us are willing to go out of our way to help any fellow members regardless of their level of knowledge. Thanks for answering his question, but next time leave the sarcasm and insults out of it.
+1
Old 05-22-07, 07:41 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
..If I don't know I ask. Better be safe than sorry. I wasn't born with knowledge. I gained knowledge through education and experience.
Old 05-22-07, 07:49 PM
1022it
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is4fsr
..If I don't know I ask. Better be safe than sorry. I wasn't born with knowledge. I gained knowledge through education and experience.
exactly. if you were in school, and had a question about operating the computers in the computer lab, would you go to the auto shop teacher and ask him how to work the computer?!

Sorry for being snappy, but searching at one website on the entire internet (CL) for a computer related question isn't doing what you are saying (gaining knowledge)... its being lazy.

he should challenge himself to learn how to do this on his own, by doing his homework: search google, use the HELP button on the top of every single window within windows operating systems, etc. then if he is stuck after doing some real digging, ask for help!

we are here to talk about cars. not computers. that was my intent on the sarcasm... not to offend anyone.

Last edited by 1022it; 05-22-07 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-22-07, 08:10 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

a simple way:

1. First make a folder on your desktop or music folder

2. Than open the folder and start creating sub folders and rename them to Artist or album

3. After that you can either put mp3's from artist or album inside the subfolder

4. Last step is to burn a data CD or however you burn Data, just select all the subfolders. (the First folder on desktop is to help you organize, you can skip first part if you just created multiple folders in your directory)

5. When you play the MP3 CD, it will read the folder name, (press TEXT), than display the song name.

For example:

If you are making a one artist CD that has multiple albums than you want to go:

1. Create #'s of folders that match #'s of album
2. Name the Folder to match the album title
3. Placed each mp3 to corresponding folder/album (remember don't put artist name in front of the song title if you don't have nav system, it doesn't auto scroll)

If you are making multiple artist mp3:

1. Create #'s of folder that match #'s of artist
2. Name the Folder to Artist's Name
3. Place the mp3's with song titles into the folder

It seems like a lot of steps, but fairly easy to do.

Let me know if you have other questions, or better yet, let us know what type of software you use to burn mp3's.
Old 05-22-07, 08:18 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

I ask people I feel comfortable with - without feeling stupid. We're family here. I'd rather ask some knowledgeable guys here for info before I go to the outside world and be ridiculed. We try to help each other here. Not to take sides but if you think the question was so stupid kindly ignore the question and not respond in a sarcastic way. Frustrating sometimes but not all of us know everything. As a matter of fact I didn't even know I could make MP3 format CDs on my computer. Found out by accident while playing with my PC. You're cool by answering and helping our fellow members except for the last few comments. BTW it's cool man. Just chill. Ben r and my comments are just friendly reminders.

exactly. if you were in school, and had a question about operating the computers in the computer lab, would you go to the auto shop teacher and ask him how to work the computer?!

Sorry for being snappy, but searching at one website on the entire internet (CL) for a computer related question isn't doing what you are saying (gaining knowledge)... its being lazy.

he should challenge himself to learn how to do this on his own, by doing his homework: search google, use the HELP button on the top of every single window within windows operating systems, etc. then if he is stuck after doing some real digging, ask for help!

we are here to talk about cars. not computers. that was my intent on the sarcasm... not to offend anyone.
Old 05-22-07, 08:21 PM
TheLexSter
Rookie

In a way it is a CL question.... MP3 cd's are fairly new and although I've seen and read about them... My IS is the first car that plays them from the factory system.... just my .02 worth
Old 05-23-07, 07:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

It certainly read as offensive to me. As others have said (thanks) this forum is about community and helping each other. Honestly I've seen the same questions over and over again more than most here and if I'm bothered by them I sometimes just don't respond. More often if I know the answer I will and try to show the person how to search to find their answers in the future.

Regardless of the circumstance, talking down to and shouting at another member is not appropriate.

Please take a peek at the request at the top of this forum for establishing a sense of community https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192
Old 05-23-07, 09:14 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Dont need to be sarcastic! If answering a question bothers you, just ignore it and respect your fellow CL member. this is not a forum to pick on people. Always Remember ; All The Big Dogs were once little puppies. Be Polite On The Future.
Old 05-24-07, 11:35 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

you can drag and drop all the folders into nero and it should come out with all the folders.....

hope this helps and let us know how it goes!
Old 10-04-07, 10:33 PM
IronPhoenX
Pole Position

This is probably old but I just discovered that iTunes can burn MP3 CDs, sorts, and automatically creates the folders for you on the CD. I couldn't find it in the iTunes help, but I found the info on the iTunes support website. Makes it a lot easier by just creating a playlist and then burning it. Here's the link...
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60931

How to burn by artist

You can create an MP3 CD that organizes songs into folders for each artist, and subfolders for each artist's albums. Follow these steps:

Create your playlist.

1. Click "Artist" to sort the playlist by artist.
2. Each artist's songs are sorted by album. The songs' play order should appear as it does on the original album. If not:
1. Select a song.
2. Choose Get Info from the File menu.
3. Click the Tags tab.
4. Modify the Track Number fields to arrange the play order.
5. Repeat as needed.

3. Click Burn CD.
4. Insert a blank CD and burn the disc.

Each artist has a folder, and each artist's folder has a subfolder for each album with the songs ordered as described above.

Last edited by IronPhoenX; 10-04-07 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: How to make Mp3 with folders?