IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

its gotta be expensive... its for a LEXUS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07 | 04:42 PM
elgreco008
Driver School Candidate

Default its gotta be expensive... its for a LEXUS

i hate that fkn expression!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just cuz its a lex....

i have to pay......
300.00 for black plastic emblems? - (acura 150.00)

300.oo for black plastic visors? - (jeep 75.00)

xm radio (4 million dollars)

what the fk!? why is this **** sooooo overpriced? thats just simply taking advantage of people!
Old 05-23-07 | 04:44 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

its because its a lexus........... LOL. seriously i was wondering that too.
Old 05-23-07 | 04:46 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

It isn't about what you get for your money. Its the experience of spending your money...the buying experience.

All Lexus owners should keep this in mind.
Old 05-23-07 | 04:53 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by elgreco008
what the fk!? why is this **** sooooo overpriced? thats just simply taking advantage of people!
Look at the bright side: at least you'll find ways to make things less expensive with us through ClubLexus.

Black emblems: use your own and powdercoat it ($20)

Black visors: eBay ($30)

XM radio: we've got lots of different mods... ($20)

Old 05-23-07 | 05:16 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Benz is twice as much as Lexus parts. Door sills for an MB CLS are $600, and $450 for an Ipod hook-up kit.
Old 05-23-07 | 05:28 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

yep, the more expensive the car, the more everything else is for it too.
Old 05-23-07 | 05:30 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Cause when you can afford that much for a car, why not jack up the price of accessories a little? hehe.
Old 05-23-07 | 05:33 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
Benz is twice as much as Lexus parts. Door sills for an MB CLS are $600, and $450 for an Ipod hook-up kit.
I've looked at German cars before, but have never bought one. I honestly don't know how they can compete with the Japanese carmakers.

German cars are usually smaller, more expensive, and a maintenance nightmare. Yet, they still seem to sell.
Old 05-23-07 | 05:38 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me
I've looked at German cars before, but have never bought one. I honestly don't know how they can compete with the Japanese carmakers.

German cars are usually smaller, more expensive, and a maintenance nightmare. Yet, they still seem to sell.
They sell because of a longer history and reputation. Remember Lexus has only been around for nearly 20 years (though Lexus has accomplish alot) as oppose to German 3s longer stay. Some people just prefer it over Lexus.
Old 05-23-07 | 05:57 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Got both and prefer the MB, call me old fashioned. The MB CLK just has so many small features that my IS 350 doesn't have that I prefer it. Little things, like even the shape of the turn signal switch fits the curve of your fingers. The headrests, seats, wheel all have memory. They move out of the way when you remove the key for easy exit. Small things, yes, but I like them.

Aloha
Old 05-24-07 | 06:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

NOTE - server timestamp reset placed my post before this one even though it was later.

Originally Posted by Smoky350
Mercedes has a push start option too. And has had it for at least 5 years already. It's located on top of the shifter. Also you get doors that close by them self if you don't close them all the way, trunk that opens and closes with a push of a button, folding mirrors, much better park assist than lexus has, automatic headrests, massaged seats, air suspension also for more than 5 years already, folding rear headrests with a push of a button, double windows that makes the car so quiet inside even at speeds over 120mph (only manufactuer that still does it), and many other things. MB and other german cars come out with the technology first and then Lexus puts it in their cars a few years later. I love my Lexus and never had a problem with it but If I would't plan on buying a house or had more money I would go back to MB or BMW any given day.
You do realize Lexus has these too on the higher level cars (the entry level MBs don't have then either)... my 2005 LS430 has nearly all of these you mention.

Key less entry - check
self closing doors and trunk - check
trunk button - check
folding mirrors (auto or manual) - check
Park assist (LS460s have self parking that MB doesn't offer)
Auto headrests in front and rear
massaging rear seats - check (they also recline and are heated and truly air conditioned with a separate rear AC unit which also cools the rear fridge box)
air suspension - check. Oh and that has been offered for 15 years or so on the LS

Feature for feature each brand has its own innovations and others play catch up. Sometimes those features are improved upon as well - let others be 'bleeding edge' and figure out where the problems are. It's the name of the game. Everyone likes different brands for whatever reason and that's all good too. I had several Toyotas that were great to me through college and afterward so Lexus is 'familiar' to me and I tend to like it better than other designs.
Old 05-24-07 | 08:08 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Try buying parts for MB.
Old 05-24-07 | 08:09 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
Mine move out of the way too, but I don't have remove a stinking key.
Just push a button. Sorry MB
Push start feature appears on MB 5 years ago, it's called KeylessGo.
Old 05-24-07 | 08:12 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Larrym9681
Got both and prefer the MB, call me old fashioned. The MB CLK just has so many small features that my IS 350 doesn't have that I prefer it. The headrests, seats, wheel all have memory. They move out of the way when you remove the key for easy exit. Small things, yes, but I like them.

Aloha
Old 05-24-07 | 09:04 AM
Smoky350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
Mercedes has a push start option too. And has had it for at least 5 years already. It's located on top of the shifter. Also you get doors that close by them self if you don't close them all the way, trunk that opens and closes with a push of a button, folding mirrors, much better park assist than lexus has, automatic headrests, massaged seats, air suspension also for more than 5 years already, folding rear headrests with a push of a button, double windows that makes the car so quiet inside even at speeds over 120mph (only manufactuer that still does it), and many other things. MB and other german cars come out with the technology first and then Lexus puts it in their cars a few years later. I love my Lexus and never had a problem with it but If I would't plan on buying a house or had more money I would go back to MB or BMW any given day.

Quick Reply: its gotta be expensive... its for a LEXUS