First Mod. W00t!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-07, 10:53 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
Please correct me if I am wrong.
How is that metal intake pipe any better? Metal retains heat more than plastic or rubber. Looks like you kept the stock airbox too. What you did actually decrease performance.
Metal does conduct heat more than plastic or rubber. However, the air passing through the intake tube is not there long enough to heat the air even one degree. This has been discussed ad nauseum. The only way the air inside the tube would become heated would be if 1) it was stagnant or circulating very slowly, or 2) there were heating coils the air had to pass through, much like a blow-dryer.

Javier
Old 05-26-07, 11:11 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your JoeZ!

Your probably get the mod bug like some of us have, its addicting. From personal experience it started with tint and clear bra, then the JoeZ and a high flow airfilter, then the black pearl insignia, then the BBS wheels, and finally the Borla Exhaust. My bank account can't stand it anymore. =)

And now for the important question:

What did you run at the track?
Old 05-27-07, 11:07 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoasterG
And now for the important question:

What did you run at the track?
I'd love to tell you however there is a Harley Davidson Biker blow out thing going on due to Memorial Day weekend so they had the track closed.

So, now Chip is in the shop getting his VVTI whatever replaced, I (meaning my friend..hehe) took the intake off anyway because I just didn't want any hastles from the dealership.

I have a GS350 as a loaner right now and I am in love with the car, it is SOOO quiet but the center dash area where the NAV is.. looks cheap compared to the 2IS. I am tempted to take it to the track if they do not have my car completed in time. Hehehe.

Also I purchased the JoeZ intake pipe at the website my.is they have a store link. I am just posting it here because I got several PMs inquiring. Hopefully this will help. Sorry to bring the thread back from the dead! I'll update it next time when I go to the track!