Oil Leak story

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-07, 10:02 AM
linohawaii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak story

Having one dealership in the Island

I'm not sure if this would count as a bad experience but here goes; i was planning to wash the car on the weekend so i took the car out of the garage and started to clean the garage first (kinda dusty) noticed a couple drops of oil on the deck I remembered reading a TSB from this forum about an oil leak on 250's, so i quickly look in between the radiator and the engine and found oil pooling on the bottom engine cover quickly called Servco service and scheduled a service, talking to the service advisor he didn't have a clue about the TSB for oil leak , so i ask him for the number for Lexus headquarters so I can ask what the TSB number is and give it to them, but he quickly said he'll research it himself. called me back two minutes later and said he got it so I ask him about the brakes TSB too, guess what so he said he'll try to find out again, anyways i got the car in overnight (no loaner) the next day he called me he said the Technician didn't find any leak and also tried to dissuade me from doing the brake TSB (loss of braking performance) and also said they don't have the parts. I tried to explain to them that oil drop on garage + oil pool on cover = oil leak they said they can't fix it if they can't find the leak, pool of oil on bottom cover mysteriously disappears. So I took the car home, what a waste of time. Next time i will take pictures and video and will show it to Servco manager. I do have a 2006 IS 250 with VIN # falling under the Oil Leak TSB.
Old 06-28-07, 04:46 PM
dong888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did it happen to anyone else?

I brought my car in to do the oil change as well as the front brake pad TSIB in Fremont Lexus today. The service has always been excellent and they will replace the brake without any argument since I showed them the TSIB. After getting a call from them, I was told that they found oil leakage from the engine. Right away I check against the TSIB and I am one of the affected car. Anyhow it is covered under warranty. I have two questions though.

1. After they fixed the leakage, would it come back and haunt me in the future. My co-worker told me that he had a Mitsu with oil leakage problem and it never really got fixed 100%. I am not sure if Lexus would be the same case.

2. The service person normally ask me every time when I go to the dealership if the car is running fine. I mentioned that there was some kind of rattle in my front left window. The tech checked it out and was able to duplicate the rattle sound. Should I have not to fix the problem? I have read in some posts that if the door panel is removed to fix the problem, it will not be the same after they put it back. The window will not open/close as smoothly as before. Is that true? Should I ask them to perform the fix on rattle noise or not.

The service in Fremont Lexus has been always pretty good as far and their work can be trusted. The only down side was just the price ($65 for oil change) but I guess that is about the same for all lexus dealership.