IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Rear view mirror costs $900!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-07, 08:18 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
enough with the "quotes". "fixed", "coincidently", "broke", "chillen", "few"... WTF.

What would you prefer him to do? He could italicize, bold, change colors, CAPITALIZE, underline, or COMBINE...
Old 05-29-07, 08:20 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
Yeah I do have to remind myself that the dealership employees are not paid or picked by corporate, but it sure does feel good telling corporate about the issues and getting it off my back.

BTW...How long is your lease? Are you going to buy it out?
My lease is 4 years, and I will certainly buy it out if that makes better financial sense. I try to take great care of my cars, and generally keep them far longer than 4 years / 72K miles.
Old 05-29-07, 08:22 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
What would you prefer him to do? He could italicize, bold, change colors, CAPITALIZE, underline, or COMBINE...

It just really chaps me that he had to come into the thread with nothing prior to say and post this as his only comment regarding the mirror situation.

What's the deal with you guys out there who have nothing good to say and go off-topic? Crap now I'm even off-topic in my own thread.

So back to topic. The mirror is fine.
Old 05-29-07, 08:27 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rs/ss
I would go see Homer (I think he works there) or see mingers service advisor. Either way I woud rather slam a certain part of my anatomy in a door before I pay $900 for a freaking R/V Mirror. That's just me.

I certainly don't work there. Just had positive experiences thus far (very limited at this point though). Personally, I'd raise hell about the mirror. No damn way I'd pay $900 and have them tell me it's because a sticker was put on the mirror.
Old 05-29-07, 08:27 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""did you call corporate? what happened?""""""""""""""""""""""
There are "always" people who are "bored" with "NOTHING" to do.....
Old 05-29-07, 08:29 PM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<snip>I am relatively sure I could have probably loosened the screw myself and reattached the mirror, but morally I believed that since I didn't mess it up they should fix it.<snip>
So, this is something you could have easily tightened down, and been on your way?

Yay - you showed them...
Old 05-29-07, 08:46 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

It's my thread and I'll put quotes where I feel like it. They are there for a reason to emphasize. I guess I could bold, but too lazy.

Kapeesh!?
Air quotes always have dual meaning. For example, why was "few" in quotes, what are you implying. Why not just state the number? I read the "letter" and all thw quotes just enforces lack of factual statments. And "chillen". Unless the reciever at Lexus is 18 or under, I doubt they'd even understand (wouldn't it be "chillin'"?).
Old 05-29-07, 08:48 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call corporate... Sometimes it helps. I have done it before.

That really sucks about Pohanka. They have great service hours compared to Lindsay, but the service guys at lindsay are great.

I had a problem with my car pulling on my 06. They replaced the front tires after 2 alignments. And that fixed the problem

My 07 has issues with the Rear tires going flat. I am going to try and take it in next week.
Old 05-29-07, 08:58 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, thats crazy! God! I would go somewhere else and try again to get it replaced under warranty! Take off the thing for your apartment and then tell them you have no idea what happened and that it just fell off. That is def something Lexus should fix for free!
Old 05-29-07, 09:01 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Wow, thats crazy! God! I would go somewhere else and try again to get it replaced under warranty! Take off the thing for your apartment and then tell them you have no idea what happened and that it just fell off. That is def something Lexus should fix for free!
Exactly. You are not bound to your stealership for service. You can always seek a second opinion after removing the apartment tag. You can tell them that you don't know what happened, and the mirror just fell off.

This is a stealership after all...leave honesty at the door upon entering.
Old 05-29-07, 09:52 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me

This is a stealership after all...leave honesty at the door upon entering.
not the best advise ..
im happy they got it str8 for you man.. i talked to the big man for you..
i know it sux to get bad service, sometimes the big dealer trying to be "the most convenient" lets a couple slip thru the cracks
Old 05-30-07, 03:33 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Great to see that it got straightened out, bad to see that the attitude that prompted the original decision by the dealer is still present.

At least its fixed and who knows what corporate might do - you'll probably just get an apology from someone if you haven't already.
Old 05-30-07, 04:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by waynetech2
not the best advise ..
im happy they got it str8 for you man.. i talked to the big man for you..
i know it sux to get bad service, sometimes the big dealer trying to be "the most convenient" lets a couple slip thru the cracks
Thanks Emil. You know they really should do something with that "guy" in the service department. He had ZERO customer service ability. Never apologized and has poor poor communications as well.

TimboIS..I did another quotation for ya. Hope you get your kicks. Oh and if you haven't already done so, you might want to read up on this thread about establishing a sense of community in the 2IS forum. http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247192

Last edited by caymandive; 05-30-07 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-30-07, 05:27 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

enough with the "quotes". "fixed", "coincidently", "broke", "chillen", "few"... WTF.
I think it's his thread and he has the right to do whatever he wants. However if you don't have anything nice to say, stay out of his thread. It doens't cost anything to be nice geez.
Old 05-30-07, 01:11 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Help grow the sense of community by:

Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.

Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' button to notify moderators of an issue

Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for

Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

Quick Reply: Rear view mirror costs $900!!!