IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Boschmann Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-07, 07:30 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boschmann Speaker

Guys i have these Boschmann speakera and i was wondering if they will fit in the back where the shade comes out from. I got these for my durango but never put them in and they arent used. Just wondering if Anybody knew if they would fit in the back.

Here is the website for more info http://www.boschmannusa.com/productV...p?productID=22
Attached Thumbnails Boschmann Speaker-22-large1.jpg  
Old 05-29-07, 07:38 PM
Cleric
Driver

Anything will fit with some modification. Ar you asking if they will fit without making changes to the car?
Old 05-29-07, 07:52 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cleric
Anything will fit with some modification. Ar you asking if they will fit without making changes to the car?
Yea, I was asking if i take out the stock speakerand put these in will they fit. The reason im asking is becasue these speakers have a huge magnet on the bottom.
Old 05-29-07, 07:57 PM
Cleric
Driver

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Yea, I was asking if i take out the stock speakerand put these in will they fit. The reason im asking is becasue these speakers have a huge magnet on the bottom.
Oh in that case the answer is no. Even if Lexus had a 6x9 speaker back there those speakers require too much depth. The only speaker in the rear is the 8" subwoofer and if you have ML the satellite speakers as well which are something like 4" or so in diameter. There are no speaker openinging in the IS that can accomodate a 6X9 speaker without modification.
Old 05-29-07, 08:02 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cleric
Oh in that case the answer is no. Even if Lexus had a 6x9 speaker back there those speakers require too much depth. The only speaker in the rear is the 8" subwoofer and if you have ML the satellite speakers as well which are something like 4" or so in diameter. There are no speaker openinging in the IS that can accomodate a 6X9 speaker without modification.
oh ok. Oh well i might just have to do modification back there. So there are sunwoofers back there and no speakers???