IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I'm pissed at lexus of rockville!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-07, 02:18 PM
hung8852
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm pissed at lexus of rockville!!!

ARGH!!!!...So i got into an accident on april 14th....some idiot decides to ram in my rear while i was parked. He wasd trying to dodge this cab that was cutting in front of him. Anyway, I took it to the dealer to get it fix, they estimated about 12k in damage and will take about 3weeks. They started working on the 18th of april, i called back every week to get an update...finally 3 weeks later, they are telling me its not ready. Gave me all this BS about how detailing would take a day, and told me that they are still putting back parts together. which amazes me because its been 3 weeks and they jsut started putting pieces together?!!?!?! anyway, I finally got the car back last friday(may 25th)...and guess what.. the air bag light is on!!!!
Saturday morning I bought it back to the dealer, he said its probably the ecu needs to be reseted. Given that its memorial day weekend, I gave them some time..Today I called, and now they are telling me that the wiring harness in the rear is burnt, they need to replace it along with the airbags. and the reason why its taking so long is because of Geico not paying the supplement amount of the repair.. WHICH IS COMPLETE BS!!! ARGH!!!!!....Now i have to wait another week to get my car back...i waited 5 weeks already!! they could've built a new car!...anyway, I had to vent because this is pissing me off...dont ever go to rockville dealership!! they suck!!

Is there anyway to contact a upper management to complain about the whole issue?who can i ask for a number?

anyway, thanks for listening...
Old 05-31-07, 02:27 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow must have been alot of damage to the car. all i can say with past experience with body shops are first come first serve and the insurance companies and put a damper on things. dont really know the specifics of your situation. Did the dealer do the body work or did they send it to there local body shop? I am sure the dealer did all they can and really the one you should be upset with is the one that hit your car. do you have pics of what happened?

sorry that you are dealing with all this. i do feel your pain but i think that the dealer is doing everything they can.

good luck and keep us posted how it turns out.
Old 05-31-07, 02:51 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

hope you get it fixed soon. my car was hit by a deer and has ben in the shop loner than i have driven it
Old 05-31-07, 02:51 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What exactly are you upset about? Yes, it's been longer than expected, but honestly, as you alluded to, it's actually quicker to build a new car than to repair one that incurred 12K of damage.

Wouldn't you rather they took the time to do the job right instead of having an irate owner telling them to work faster or else a complaint is coming?
Old 05-31-07, 03:09 PM
hung8852
Pole Position

i'll show u the damage tonight..its not that bad..dont know y it cost 12k...

im pissed the fact that they said 3 weeks...turn to 5weeks..and tehn the air bag light turned on. The light wasnt even on when I had the accident. It came on due to them not fixing it right.
Old 05-31-07, 03:14 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

yea i stopped going to lexus of RVC...
Old 05-31-07, 03:15 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Three to six weeks sounds about normal to me. Remember......yours is not the only car being repaired.
Old 05-31-07, 03:19 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No need to be angry. It doesn't help the situation...

Originally Posted by hung8852
anyway, thanks for listening...
I would rather let a dealership take their time in fixing my car rather than having them put it together hastily.

It's best to have a lot of patience, make sure you make friends with your service tech (it doesn't help if you become an "enemy"), and let things fall into place.

Take care of yourself first. Then take care of the car.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-07, 03:21 PM
hung8852
Pole Position

6weeks is normal??...
i just hated the fact that they kept giving me BS excuses and not upfront with me..if its not ready, then just tell me! Im actually more pissed about that then the wait time.
Old 05-31-07, 03:45 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hung8852
6weeks is normal??...
i just hated the fact that they kept giving me BS excuses and not upfront with me..if its not ready, then just tell me! Im actually more pissed about that then the wait time.
True.

If anything, they should have told you "This may take a couple of months (to order parts and repair)." That was their fault.

Tell your service tech what your time expectatoins are. Ask them if they can meet your time expectations.

Whether or not they do it in time or not, at least that "prepares" you for any issues such as car rental, plans for trips/transport, and the such.

Don't make the situation worse. Just work with your service tech to make the situation better.
Old 05-31-07, 04:17 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

i guess this is the first time youve been to an auto shop before? the time they quote you will ALWAYS be less than they require. they cant accurately tell you the time as theres many things to consider when repairing. you need to just suck it up and have peace of mind that if you give them all the time they need that it will come back alright. a simple bumper painting/installing could take up to a week. your car isnt the only one they are working on.
Old 05-31-07, 06:00 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

yeah our car is new and the shop i took mine to is haveing problems getting parts for it. also their estimate was way off and had to replace alot more than wat was first estmated. and yess it is better to get it done right the first time than to have ti take it back and not get a loner for the remender of the fix