Parking Assist Option and Clear Bra Installed on any ISx50 in SGM

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-07, 09:55 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Question Parking Assist Option and Clear Bra Installed on any ISx50 in SGM

Hey Gang....!!

I am looking for some good front and rear pictures of "Intuitive Parking Assist" on any ISx50 in Smoky Granite...

Also, it would be a big plus if anyone has pics of a Paint Protection Kit / Clear Bra installed on the Front Bumper with the sensors...
Close-ups would be best..!

Trying to get a feel or an idea of how it looks..

Might as well throw in your opinion on the PA option as well.

Thanks
- Joe Z
Old 06-01-07, 01:28 PM
phatboyc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Joe Z I have clear bra but no sensors.
Old 06-01-07, 01:37 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking assist is not worth it IMO, the sensors are not low enough so youll still hit curbs. youll have a backup camera, so there is no point to having them in the rear, and there are only two in the front covering the corners and the very front of the car is left open.
Old 06-01-07, 01:49 PM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have both...but no closeups....sorry. i can tell you that the clear bra in the front looks perfect around them. had it done at the dealer before i took delivery.

anyway....PA is handy. yes...you can hit a curb...obviously. its hard to judge when you're going to hit something with the backup camera alone...and guess what!? the backup camera doesnt help your front bumper at all I'm not sure what ben r is talking about, but i've never hit the middle front of my car due to the parking assist not covering it there.

i only use park assist when i'm in a really tight parallell parking situation. we have such a steep hood on the IS...it'll help you get close enough to make fewer turns.

it is just a gadget though....you dont NEED it....but its fun
Old 06-01-07, 01:56 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Parking assist is not worth it IMO, the sensors are not low enough so youll still hit curbs. youll have a backup camera, so there is no point to having them in the rear, and there are only two in the front covering the corners and the very front of the car is left open.
Thanks for going off topic. But if you must, you couldn't be more wrong. The rear PA definitely helps backing up against a poorly lighted wall. The camera give no sense of depth, whereas PA does. Just because you weren't fortunate enough to get PA, don't ***** on others that did.
Old 06-01-07, 02:51 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andoskyy
i have both...but no closeups....sorry. i can tell you that the clear bra in the front looks perfect around them. had it done at the dealer before i took delivery.

anyway....PA is handy. yes...you can hit a curb...obviously. its hard to judge when you're going to hit something with the backup camera alone...and guess what!? the backup camera doesnt help your front bumper at all I'm not sure what ben r is talking about, but i've never hit the middle front of my car due to the parking assist not covering it there.

i only use park assist when i'm in a really tight parallell parking situation. we have such a steep hood on the IS...it'll help you get close enough to make fewer turns.

it is just a gadget though....you dont NEED it....but its fun

Sweet....

Do you mind taking a few pics and posting them up for us???
or
maybe just email them to me??

I would really appreaciate it!!

Thanks - Joe Z
Old 06-01-07, 05:25 PM
Koofteh
Pole Position

Not that I disagree with your views on PA, but it's funny how the exact opposite of your comment about him not having PA and *****ing about it is true. Like if anyone ever asks about installing the Lexus nav and all the owners with nav come in the thread and say stuff like "you will never be able to get OEM nav for a reasonable price... SOL... better get another car." Well, as it turns out, there's a very viable way of getting the OEM nav installed for pretty much the exact same price as the nav option would have cost originally.

Sorry for threadjacking, just ranting on a notion that I've noticed a lot on these boards.

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Thanks for going off topic. But if you must, you couldn't be more wrong. The rear PA definitely helps backing up against a poorly lighted wall. The camera give no sense of depth, whereas PA does. Just because you weren't fortunate enough to get PA, don't ***** on others that did.
Old 06-01-07, 06:50 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

sorry not to be rude but what did u people use to park before this came out? for the ones saying the camera doesnt show enough.
Old 06-01-07, 07:03 PM
Koofteh
Pole Position

You can even back up safely without the camera... *gasp*
Old 06-01-07, 07:20 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Koofteh
Not that I disagree with your views on PA, but it's funny how the exact opposite of your comment about him not having PA and *****ing about it is true. Like if anyone ever asks about installing the Lexus nav and all the owners with nav come in the thread and say stuff like "you will never be able to get OEM nav for a reasonable price... SOL... better get another car." Well, as it turns out, there's a very viable way of getting the OEM nav installed for pretty much the exact same price as the nav option would have cost originally.

Sorry for threadjacking, just ranting on a notion that I've noticed a lot on these boards.
Sure... just as that person that got the "dealer installed" PA. hahaha
Old 06-01-07, 07:44 PM
Koofteh
Pole Position

Yeah, that was a funny story and an unfortunate owner. Still doesn't disprove my point... there's a lot of members on here that just say 'no' if anyone asks about getting something installed.

In fact I'm sure you can even install OEM PA without an unrealistic cost, just have to find the parts.
Old 06-02-07, 08:16 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

...back on Topic...

Anyone else have pics of any other color ISx50 with the PA & Clear bra ?

Thanks

Jz
Old 06-03-07, 09:33 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

200 views.......

No ONE else has pics???

Post them up if you do.

Thanks

Jz
Old 06-03-07, 09:38 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry, Joe - I don't have any pics either... BTW, are you getting a new car?!?!

Javier
Old 06-03-07, 09:52 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Are you getting a 2IS.

Quick Reply: Parking Assist Option and Clear Bra Installed on any ISx50 in SGM