IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Totaled at 8 months

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-07, 01:28 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! Im so sorry, and glad you ended up getting a brand new one instead!
Old 06-01-07, 01:29 PM
trio
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
it does suck and i'm gald no one was hurt ..

but don't you think this is fixable?,, even the tires and rims are not damaged and the hood is still in it's place .. and 23k to repair it !!!!!!

and congrats on the new car ..
Not sure if this applies to other states, but in NY, if the damage exceeds 75% the value of the car then it is declared a total loss. The only exception to this rule is if there is damage to the firewall, which the OP stated.
Old 06-01-07, 01:30 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

yea mine was in 9 mOnths 350 though i hit in the same spot but all over the front toOO at least ur ok if i culd post the pic i wuld lemme try
Old 06-01-07, 01:43 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

glad to see that you made it out okay! it doesnt look that bad but i would rather have it replaced also then fixed.

Hey Welcome to CL...
Old 06-01-07, 01:49 PM
chaos6458
Pole Position

glad that you are okay. that's all it matters.
cars can be replaces, people can't
Old 06-01-07, 02:37 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joonsta
Sorry, but sympathy shouldn't be handed to someone who ran a red.

You're lucky you didn't kill or injure someone, OP.

I hope you don't pull that kind of a stunt again.
a little harsh there. The guy admitted his fault, and will take his responsibility for it. And of course it wasn't intentional.

We all have our lapses in judgment at times, and he's lucky he was only mildly injured. This could be the first time I see on this board where a person admitted an accident was their fault...

The people that deserve no sympathy are the racers who conscientiously endanger others in traffic.
Old 06-01-07, 02:43 PM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sirkfc
a little harsh there. The guy admitted his fault, and will take his responsibility for it. And of course it wasn't intentional.

We all have our lapses in judgment at times, and he's lucky he was only mildly injured. This could be the first time I see on this board where a person admitted an accident was their fault...

The people that deserve no sympathy are the racers who conscientiously endanger others in traffic.

Agree 100%
Old 06-01-07, 02:50 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea, I've done WAYYY MORE CRAZY stuffs on the road ON PURPOSE, hell who hasn't?

Gotta be grateful thou, it coulda been worse.
Old 06-01-07, 03:00 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Ouch! Glad to hear no one was hurt and that you got a new one.
Old 06-01-07, 03:07 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by kzettel
It has the Nav and A/C seats package which is new to me but otherwise it is the same.
No A/C seats on the IS; just ventilated. (P.S. Glad you're okay, despite the head trauma)
Old 06-01-07, 03:11 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm glad the OP is ok, even if it was his fault. That's why they call them accidents...
Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
yea mine was in 9 mOnths 350 though i hit in the same spot but all over the front toOO at least ur ok if i culd post the pic i wuld lemme try
You might want to try some punctuation in your post. I've translated this for those that, like me, that can't comprehend what you posted:

Yeah, I totaled my 350 too, at 9 months. I hit in that spot, as well as all over the front, too. At least you're ok. If I could post the pic, I would. Let me try.
Not trying to be an a$$, but posts like this make my head hurt...

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 06-01-07 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-01-07, 03:14 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, that is a little harsh.....
accidents happen, im sure your not perfect.
good to hear you or your dog ar not hurt.

the people who dont deserve any sympathy are: people play with thier ipods, play with thier nav systems, talk on the phone, talk to others in the car, apply make up, eat, shave, or just plain ignorant to the rules of the road, as retired law enforcement in california i have seen my share of accidents due to the activities above. NOW if you are seen doing anything that the officer deems distracting they can pull you over and cite you, because all of the following are major casues of single and multi car accidents.

zoning out happens and in this case this seems to be the situation, it happens.

dont chastize others unless you have a perfect driving record, you dont speed act stupid or participate in the above actions when operating a motorized vehicle.

Last edited by kilo6_one; 06-01-07 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-01-07, 03:57 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

I also totalled my car but i owned an is350. I hit a wall but the damage was done in the same area but, some damage was also in the front. Also your so called "Punctuation" or "revisions" ruined the whole intented purpose. He didnt have a 350 so i made it clear mine was a 350(you did not in your revisions). Also "I hit in that spot" little confusing for me(but im just a bad typer). If we are going to critique please lets do it rightfully so. Im done here, but have one last thing to add; i do not like to type with grammer in mind on a forum and this is a choice that i am comfortable with so if theres a problem with the way i type do me a favor and dont read it or dont acknowledge it. Thank You!
Old 06-01-07, 04:02 PM
ray catena
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Not trying to be an a$$, but posts like this make my head hurt...

Javier

I could read his post and understand it just fine. GROW UP javier, this is a forum where everyone has their own voice if you dont like how people type then dont take part in the threds
Old 06-01-07, 04:03 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
I also totalled my car but i owned an is350. I hit a wall but the damage was done in the same area but, some damage was also in the front. Also your so called "Punctuation" or "revisions" ruined the whole intented purpose. He didnt have a 350 so i made it clear mine was a 350(you did not in your revisions). Also "I hit in that spot" little confusing for me(but im just a bad typer). If we are going to critique please lets do it rightfully so. Im done here, but have one last thing to add; i do not like to type with grammer in mind on a forum and this is a choice that i am comfortable with so if theres a problem with the way i type do me a favor and dont read it or dont acknowledge it. Thank You!
You just made my point for me...

Javier

Quick Reply: Totaled at 8 months