IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lets Organize a Puerto Rico Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 02:50 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Lets Organize a Puerto Rico Meet!

We should organize a P.R. meet. Remember that in 100 x 35 sq miles we should be able to encounter with other CL member on the streets and not knowing. Also with would be nice to know other IS owners in the area.

PS. Dont know if there was one before in P.R. !
Old 06-07-07, 06:56 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be in caguas at the end of july. I'll be able to attend a meet but no lexus.
Old 06-07-07, 07:04 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Glad to hear it! Keep in touch.
Old 06-07-07, 08:07 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 9520G
I'll be in caguas at the end of july. I'll be able to attend a meet but no lexus.
You need to put it on a boat to meet you there! Come on, it's a Lexus meet in Puerto Rico, man!

Cheers,

Old Oiler
Old 06-07-07, 09:03 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn you puerto rico folks have the most INSANE evo's and wrx's down there. Like all the records are done by those two cars down there in PR. I have seen many 8 and 9 second 1/4 miles evo/wrx's and they one thing in common is all the video is done down in PR.

Good luck with your meet.
Old 06-08-07, 06:47 AM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

theres a couple of evo's and wrx wich are highly moded and one of my friends its a racing mechanic and have a wrx with 600+ HP and seen that much power its incredible. But you are right the most popular moded car in PR are the evos and wrx thats why i dont even park near those 2 cars because they will think i want to race when thats not an option.
Old 06-08-07, 09:01 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also think that PR is way way more relaxed on inspections and what not. NONE of those wrx's are evo's have any cats on them at all. I'd be surprised if they even have full exhaust.

yeah there are some down there i've seen on youtube with 600 , 700 hp .. tha't s just insane for that car.
Old 06-08-07, 10:19 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Borinquen baby!!! I need to get on a plane and visit some family soon...
Originally Posted by combfilter
I also think that PR is way way more relaxed on inspections and what not...
Inspections? What inspections??? Since everyone in PR has two cars, there's no way they could get to all of them. Seriously, though - there's more cars than people of the Isle of Enchantment...

Javier
Old 06-08-07, 10:54 AM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

There its like 3 to 4 cars per household and theres 3 times more car than people. So inspect all the cars its virtualy imposible. Also They are more linient than in the states. Many Guys have old beat up cars like little toyotas that without effort can put to shame any IS 350.
Old 06-08-07, 04:13 PM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Hey puertorros! Just to know your feelings about our local Lexus dealer Lexus of San Juan. They really sucks. The most expensive ISes in the nation are sold here.

$42,900 for the IS base model w/o any options or packages. That is almost $6K over MSRP. No IS with the DVD option and the IS350 is sold for $56K with no NAV. Really suffering with United Auto Group's (owner of Lexus of San Juan) monopoly.

In other matters, is the owner of this IS with 20's a fellow member of CL? Saw your ride at clasificadosonline.com.

Warrionex

Last edited by warrionex; 06-08-07 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-16-07, 04:55 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Thumbs down

Seems to be more enthusiat in the states than in Puerto Rico. Well was worth the try but no meet.

PS. To the ones coming to PR soon that post earlier you have a friend here and pm me with your arrival date so we can hang out and grab a couple of beers!
Old 06-16-07, 06:42 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by warrionex
$42,900 for the IS base model w/o any options or packages. That is almost $6K over MSRP.
Yeah, but look at the bright side. You live in a commonwealth and pay no federal taxes! That probably helps make up of the price difference quite a bit.
Old 06-16-07, 07:40 PM
lbpanky
Driver School Candidate

Me apunto!

Acabo de comprar el mio el 7 de junio, otro de los LEXUS mas caros de la nacion, $40,500 por el basico sin opciones. Lo mas bajo que pude negociar.

Pero no hay choice.... Starfire Pearl + Black Leather

Donde nos reunimos? hay quorum?.....

Me alegra saber que hay mas gente por aqui...

Yo soy de Toa Alta.

-L.
Old 06-17-07, 04:05 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15951
Yeah, but look at the bright side. You live in a commonwealth and pay no federal taxes! That probably helps make up of the price difference quite a bit.
Respectfully, you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Federal taxes has nothing to do with it. We are in the top ten states list for higher cost of life. We pay as much of 40% for income taxes (what we don't pay the federal government we pay it to our local government) We are the no. 1 location in the nation with the most expensive water and electricity cost. In my case I pay conservatively, for example, $6,000 annually for both utilities. The car industry here is saturated with monopolies all over the place (BMW, LEXUS, AUDI, ACURA, MERCEDES, etc) so at the end you won't find any deal for less than MSRP. Both BMW and LEXUS sells the car for no less than $5,000 over the sticker price. It's unbelievable but true. The base 328i are sold for no less than $45,000. No options no packages. The base IS250 for $42,900. This info its just for staters and list is long.

Warrionex
Old 06-17-07, 08:01 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by warrionex
Respectfully, you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Federal taxes has nothing to do with it. We are in the top ten states list for higher cost of life. We pay as much of 40% for income taxes (what we don't pay the federal government we pay it to our local government) We are the no. 1 location in the nation with the most expensive water and electricity cost. In my case I pay conservatively, for example, $6,000 annually for both utilities. The car industry here is saturated with monopolies all over the place (BMW, LEXUS, AUDI, ACURA, MERCEDES, etc) so at the end you won't find any deal for less than MSRP. Both BMW and LEXUS sells the car for no less than $5,000 over the sticker price. It's unbelievable but true. The base 328i are sold for no less than $45,000. No options no packages. The base IS250 for $42,900. This info its just for staters and list is long.

Warrionex
Respectfully, I was just kidding around because there's a misconception that people from PR pay zero taxes.

Sounds like it really sucks to live there from your description. The pros must outweigh the cons though, or the place would be vacant.

Re: price of cars, there's always the choice to buy a more reasonably priced vehicle. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone feeling sorry for a place that must pay extra for luxury cars.

Last edited by 15951; 06-17-07 at 08:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Lets Organize a Puerto Rico Meet!