IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Questions for Chicagoland IS owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 08:23 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Questions for Chicagoland IS owners

I just recently bought an IS350 and I'm wondering which dealership services your cars. I bought mine out of state so going back to that dealer is out of the question. You would think that any Lexus dealer would do but after seeing what happened to Daisy1 I realized that not all Lexus service departments are created equal. So where should I take my Lexus for the 5000 oil change?

Secondly, I wondering what do you guys do in winter time? Did you get a seperate set of wheels for the winter or did you just change the summer tires to all-season tires?
Old 06-07-07, 08:35 PM
TheLexSter
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had an issue at woodfield lexus..
Palatine is a roarman group stealer...opps I mean dealer... need I say more

Anyway schaumburg/// fast friendly service and plenty of loaner cars
Old 06-07-07, 10:01 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Woodfield Lexus sounds good. How about your set up for driving in snow.
Old 06-08-07, 05:52 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

If you're in the Merrillville area they have a great dealership and service department. Bought my car from Ft.Wayne Indiana but have always had great service work done by Lexus of Merrillville.
Old 06-08-07, 07:36 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I go to McGrath Lexus. they have a location in Westmont and also in Chicago. I have been buying my cars from them for several years and they really take care of there customers.

i did not change my tires for the winter and i made it thru just fine. i think we had a mild winter and you need to decide what is most comfortable for you. i did see some on the road where they only changed the rears. check tire rack for a set of winter tires and rims if you go that route!

Welcome to CL my fellow Chicago IS owner. Good luck with your hunt for a dealer and i hope i was of help!

When is everyone in Chicago going to meet up???
Old 06-08-07, 10:25 AM
Irishfan
Driver

+1 for McGrath. Didn't buy my car there, but their service dept. is definitely better.
Old 06-08-07, 01:42 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You WILL need winter tires if you have summers on right now. Unless you have another car you drive. I have a winter set and I loved it. I switched out my winter's a few weeks too early and when we had the late snow, I was scared out of my mind driving the car because I had no traction(despite plenty of tread on the summers).

Despite the incident that Daisy had, I bought my car and get it serviced at Bredemann. Their customer service has been stellar for my car thus far.

Its actually currently there right now getting: Dash Board rattle TSB done, moonroof rattle fixed, Lexus personalized settings adjustment, a headlight went out, and a few more rattles looked at.
Old 06-08-07, 08:47 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2

When is everyone in Chicago going to meet up???
I came across this:

http://www.chicagolexusclub.org/foru...topic.php?t=20

Sounds like it should be interesting.
Old 06-08-07, 08:48 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tcho82
You WILL need winter tires if you have summers on right now. Unless you have another car you drive. I have a winter set and I loved it. I switched out my winter's a few weeks too early and when we had the late snow, I was scared out of my mind driving the car because I had no traction(despite plenty of tread on the summers).

Despite the incident that Daisy had, I bought my car and get it serviced at Bredemann. Their customer service has been stellar for my car thus far.

Its actually currently there right now getting: Dash Board rattle TSB done, moonroof rattle fixed, Lexus personalized settings adjustment, a headlight went out, and a few more rattles looked at.
Hmm, the summer tires are kind of low on thread. I might just have to get a winter set.
Old 06-09-07, 03:01 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on keeping your car for more than a year or two, a second set is a VERY worthwhile investment. Plus you don't have to worry about pitting you oem wheels during the winter. I personally love my factory 18's(although replacements COULD be bought rather cheap anyhow). I got a set of blizzaks and a set of 17"(thinner and smaller is better for winter tires). From tire rack for a very reasonable price.

I don't like compromising with all seasons. Don't get AS good performance. But if you do get all seasons. I really like the Michelin Pilot sport All seasons. I had those on my LS400 and they performed well in the winter and summer.
Old 06-09-07, 03:17 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

i go to woodfield lexus. good place
Old 06-09-07, 03:56 PM
lexchi
Rookie

woodfield lexus is where i go. excellent service.