IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

An IS 350, grandma's house, twins, gum, the internet, pizza,and a roll of scotch tape

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 11:38 AM
Joneser
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up An IS 350, grandma's house, twins, gum, the internet, pizza,and a roll of scotch tape

I picked up my fiancee's twins from their grandmothers yesterday evening to head back to the house. Suddenly I had a beer craving so decided to make a stop to pick some up on the way home (but of course i go to the wrong store that didn't sell alcohol cause i was going to need it).

Low and behold, they are hopping out and I hear one of them say "EWWWWW" I look back. She has gum on her butt.
along with green spearment gum smeared nicely into my black leather seat! WTF! And of course there is no recollection as to how that happend.

We head on on to the house. I get in and look for the good ol goo begone i say 2 months ago on some dresser somewhere maybe in a past life. Call my lady and she has no idea where it is.

The twins are getting hungry... they want pizza. (FINE!, but i got gum in my seat!)

Let me check the net HOW DO I REMOVE GUM FROM LEATHER SEATS? was the search.

Some UK sight pops up yammering about the marvels of scotch tape. (PSHH, right) What the heck, i'm desperate at this point.

Order the pizza, (pick up please) grab the roll of scotch and the Fob plannign on hitting the store for some goo be gone on the way back... "I'm out be back"

I pull up in the parking lot in front of the HUT, put on the A/C cause the weather is as hot as I am right now.

Hop in the back seat got the radio on listening to LeBron getting a reality check and start pulling out tape. 20 minutes later of tiresome stick and pull and unroll and stick and pull... and the pizza order was right too!

Thank God for scotch tape and the internet.

Note: use the regular not the "magic" kind
Old 06-08-07, 11:48 AM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im proud of you. you truly are a winner.
Old 06-08-07, 12:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Joneser
I picked up my fiancee's twins from their grandmothers yesterday evening to head back to the house. Suddenly I had a beer craving so decided to make a stop to pick some up on the way home (but of course i go to the wrong store that didn't sell alcohol cause i was going to need it).

Low and behold, they are hopping out and I hear one of them say "EWWWWW" I look back. She has gum on her butt.
along with green spearment gum smeared nicely into my black leather seat! WTF! And of course there is no recollection as to how that happend.

We head on on to the house. I get in and look for the good ol goo begone i say 2 months ago on some dresser somewhere maybe in a past life. Call my lady and she has no idea where it is.

The twins are getting hungry... they want pizza. (FINE!, but i got gum in my seat!)

Let me check the net HOW DO I REMOVE GUM FROM LEATHER SEATS? was the search.

Some UK sight pops up yammering about the marvels of scotch tape. (PSHH, right) What the heck, i'm desperate at this point.

Order the pizza, (pick up please) grab the roll of scotch and the Fob plannign on hitting the store for some goo be gone on the way back... "I'm out be back"

I pull up in the parking lot in front of the HUT, put on the A/C cause the weather is as hot as I am right now.

Hop in the back seat got the radio on listening to LeBron getting a reality check and start pulling out tape. 20 minutes later of tiresome stick and pull and unroll and stick and pull... and the pizza order was right too!

Thank God for scotch tape and the internet.

Note: use the regular not the "magic" kind
use ice to "freeze" it and scotch tape......
Old 06-08-07, 01:04 PM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

I have the same story but a different ending. Let's just say the gum went up somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.
Old 06-08-07, 01:23 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

My Rule #1: Kids are not allowed in the car!
Rule #2: Food is not allowed in the car.
Old 06-08-07, 01:30 PM
Joneser
Driver

The Thing Was It Came From Grandma's And The Never Had Any Gum... But Besides The Point
Scotch Tape Rules
Old 06-08-07, 01:35 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Food is not allowed in the car.
According to the story, the gum was already on her butt before she got in so...

Yea i have the 'no food/drink' rule too, although i did put a napkin in the center pop open cup holder just in case. If anyone is gonna drink in my car its gonna be ME and only me.
Old 06-08-07, 01:45 PM
Joneser
Driver

YEP i hold that rule anyway... except for me
but man worst interior fear come true except for working on an impressionist oil painting while driving
Old 06-08-07, 01:50 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn kids. Glad i don't have any! Good job getting the gum out. Was it stuck in the little preferated holes too?
Old 06-08-07, 01:51 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Jeez, no food/drink/kids?

It's just a car...

Anyways, I wonder if duct tape would work? I mean, it works for everything right?
Old 06-08-07, 02:27 PM
Joneser
Driver

duct tape is alot stickier you might get residue on the seats...

it was OVER the holes but the key is to get as much up with fingers...

if need be rub it get friction to ball it up some

but overall i was amazed
Old 06-08-07, 02:29 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kickin8
use ice to "freeze" it and scotch tape......
Yeah Ice works nicely too. I did the same thing when I was a kid. I must have sat in gum while warming the bench at my soccer game and when I got out of my dad's brand new ES 300 (back in '94) there was gum all over his black leather seat. He didn't notice but my Mom and I did. We grabbed some ice and went to work. Unfortunately he found out before we were able to get it all out. He wasn't mad but that feeling of disappointment on his face made me cry . lol. Good times!
Old 06-08-07, 02:53 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

After all this, she's still your fiance ?!?!?
Remember, you adopt the twins too.
Reality check - by next year you'll be trading in the IS for a mini-van (hehe). . .
Old 06-08-07, 02:58 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Ah, almost forgot to comment... Thanks for posting this as I didnt know that was a way to get gum off things. Now should I ever find myself in a sticky situation (pun intended!) Ill know how to get out of it!
Old 06-08-07, 03:11 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
My Rule #1: Kids are not allowed in the car!
Rule #2: Food is not allowed in the car.
What do you do with the kids? Leave em on the side of the road? Let em catch a cab? LOL You guys are crazy.

Quick Reply: An IS 350, grandma's house, twins, gum, the internet, pizza,and a roll of scotch tape