IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Damnit, I went to remove my emblems and.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-07, 12:44 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why spend $300 on the emblems when you can spend that on getting the holes filled?
Old 07-09-07, 05:02 PM
1022it
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a piece of hard foam (green stuff for flowers, go to michael's, joanne's, or wal mart) that i pressed against my emblem before i took the letters off. if you can find a is250 that you could use as a template, you are set. just walk up to a car with the emblems intact, and press this block of foam as hard as you can down onto the I S 2 5 0 emblem. that is now your template!

I cut my 3m adhesive, applied it to each letter, then i took the red backing off the adhesive. I squirted a little car wax in the foam template letters. lastly, i placed each letter in the corresponding foam spots, and pressed it on the car! they came out beautiful. here is a pic to better explain it...

also, i found a trick to cut your 3m adhesive perfectly too! get these items:
newspaper
brand new exacto knife
masking tape (blue prefereably)
3m adhesive (gray with red backing) i found mine at home depot.
permanant marker (extra fine tip)

first place a section of newspaper down on your counter/table/etc. use the masking tape and tape a section large enough to completely cover your emblem (on top of the newspaper).

size up your emblem over the masking tape, and then place strips of the 3m adhesive on top of the masking tape.

place another layer of masking tape on top of the red backing of the 3m adhesive. this will be your "drawing board"

push the emblem's pins into the adhesive, cut holes (not too big) for the pins to go through the adhesive and some of the newspaper. now, place your roll of tape under the emblem and some of the newspaper. take your marker and outline the emblem the best you can. take emblem off, take roll of tape out from under the project.

cut about 2 bladewidths smaller than your outline of the emblem. do a good job, because these are the edges you will see between the car and the emblem!

after cutting entire emblem, (its tricky but well worth it) remove the 3m adhesive red backing (the shape of your emblem) without taking off the bottom layer. place sticky 3m onto emblem and then peel off the bottom layer of maskng tape and newspaper! PERFECT! Great job!

Apply to car!

also if you have a dark colored car, you can use paint/marker around the edges of the 3m adhesive to conceal the gray color brefore applying to car. --Better yet, if you have touchup paint, outline the adhesive with the touchup paint!
Old 07-09-07, 06:35 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Yeah, yeah... but I didn't put a single scratch on my car when I swapped my emblems!!!

Javier
Javy - Not to hijack this thread, but is that IS350 from Price LeBlanc Lexus? I'll be moving back to Baton Rouge next summer, and was wondering if you've ever used their service department. My dad raves about their service department when he takes his Lexus in, but I've had bad experiences with my wife's Toyota minivan at Price LeBlanc.
Old 07-09-07, 06:39 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me
Javy - Not to hijack this thread, but is that IS350 from Price LeBlanc Lexus? I'll be moving back to Baton Rouge next summer, and was wondering if you've ever used their service department. My dad raves about their service department when he takes his Lexus in, but I've had bad experiences with my wife's Toyota minivan at Price LeBlanc.
this is the biggest threadjack ive ever seen.
Old 07-09-07, 06:48 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ron_is350
this is the biggest threadjack ive ever seen.
Isn't it past your bedtime?