IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Extremely Frustrated @ Lexus Sales person

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07 | 08:29 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Best to go to another dealer that knows what they're doing.

Call dealers and ask if they have the exact car you are looking for. Be firm with what you want, and what you want to pay.

You know you love the car; you were willing to wait all this time for it. Just be patient and keep on looking.

Good luck!

By the way, what part of Cali are you from?
PhilipMSPT, I'm in the San Ramon/Dublin area.

If they don't have any good news for me tomorrow, I will take my business elsewhere. I'll just have to go through the whole emailing process.

Anyone know if I can forward all my emails to a specific contact in Corporate?
Old 06-11-07 | 08:30 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

I can't even believe that you're even considering accepting the wrong car... but I guess it's tempting to though after waiting 4 long months. Good luck though!
Old 06-11-07 | 08:30 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shoyuu
no actually that isn't me
Oh ok... cuz theres someone here like that

When the guy from w/e shows up, see if you can get them to give you some loaded IS with nav for the same price as the stripper you wanted
Old 06-11-07 | 08:31 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by projectdna
^ +1.

the deal breaker is the nav. it's not on the car; the deal's off.

take your business to another dealer. is250's are a dime a dozen on the west coast; you should be able to find one to your liking.
I wish it was that easy. I special ordered a MT
Old 06-11-07 | 08:37 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

obviously they take the surveys very very serious, i would not settle and do everything you can to get what you want. I would not accept that car, shop around thier are multiple dealers in the bay area that would love to have your business, or if you want to stick with that dealer get a different saleperson or get the manager involved to check inventory, have the try to get what you want (or close to it) from another dealer. As for that salesman i would ask him to give you a good reason for you not to give him a bad rating on the survey, and ask him what he is willing to do to remedy the situation. Time is money and money is time, for them to mess this up on a special order that is unacceptable. if anything try to get them to give you a better price on the car you want....... options are endless
good luck

Last edited by kilo6_one; 06-11-07 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-11-07 | 08:59 PM
mir
Driver

PhilipMSPT, I'm in the San Ramon/Dublin area.

If they don't have any good news for me tomorrow, I will take my business elsewhere. I'll just have to go through the whole emailing process.

Anyone know if I can forward all my emails to a specific contact in Corporate?
I bought mine from Magnussen's lexus at Fremont. Give them a call and see if they have something. I bought from them just 10 days ago and they had huge inventory of IS. I found mine just exactly the way I wanted. Although, the sales man did tell me that MT is hard to find and he had a buyer picking up one just that very day.
Old 06-11-07 | 09:04 PM
chaos6458
Pole Position

shoyuu,
sorry to hear that.
i want you to think about this.
just like many of our cl fellow members mentioned, its JUNE 2007.
i would give them a really BAD SURVEY, and contact other dealer for 2008 is250 MT.
yes, you have wasted 4 months but now what?
best thing they can do for you is expediting your new order.
that's BS! in about month or two from the day you get the car, someone will be driving 2008 isx50 next to you.
get 2008.
Old 06-11-07 | 09:19 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Tell the salesman that you'll give him a good survey if he gets u the car u want or do whatever it takes to "expedite" the one u want. THEN rip him to shreds in ur survey. Don't burn ur bridges until you've gotten what you want.
Old 06-11-07 | 09:26 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

It is a big country, and California has 36, count 'em, 36 dealerships. Take your business elsewhere and don't look back.

Since you've waited this long, you may as well opt for a 2008 model.

If the dealer wants to make you happy, tell him that he needs to throw in lots of extras to keep your business.

You have the right to walk. Exercise your right if you have to.

Good luck!
Old 06-11-07 | 09:56 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me
It is a big country, and California has 36, count 'em, 36 dealerships.
Wow, we only have servco lexus/toyota on oahu...
Old 06-11-07 | 09:58 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

I agree what others are saying.

Take your business else where and just wait for the 2008.

Think about it if you pay for the 2007 now, your car will depreciate a lot when the 2008 comes in. Its like you will pay in full for an 2007 and in a couple of months it will depreciate about a years worth while only owning the car for a couple of months.

Plus another thing, i dont know about you but when i pay over 40K for my car. Im making sure i get what i want.
Old 06-11-07 | 10:04 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

dude, go to another dealer. There are plenty to choose from in CA.
Old 06-11-07 | 10:26 PM
neova
Pole Position

I have a feeling your salesman did not give you the car you ordered. How can the order be so different than the one which you've specified? Maybe he just took another car from the shipment that is "similar" to your order and hoped that you would take it.

I would deal with another salesperson or dealership.
Old 06-11-07 | 10:48 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

yah, sounds like the car you "ordered" was never really ordered. he probably just gave you the VIN # of a car with the same color combo, but with no regard to the options. sorry man but thats what i would believe and if that was the case i wouldnt even waste my time. give them a bad survey and look for the car elsewhere.
Old 06-12-07 | 03:10 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Out of respect to the dealer, I won't release the name till I give them the opportunity for them to make this right. Maybe it's just this particular salesperson that's a bad apple, who knows. I'll know more tomorrow
It's the salesperson, the dealership, and Lexus. They ALL screwed up and should bend over backwards to make it right by you. Either find exactly the car you want now, or supply you wth a free IS until a new order for you comes in...at way below invoice price.

Is anyone from Lexus listening......if you want to play in the high performance segment long term, get off your smug butts, don't let this type of travesty occur, and smooth out the special ordering process with your usually uncooperative dealerships!

Quick Reply: Extremely Frustrated @ Lexus Sales person