IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Extremely Frustrated @ Lexus Sales person

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 06:00 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Extremely Frustrated @ Lexus Sales person

Well, I'll try and keep this short since I'm on my way to the dealer shortly. I special ordered an IS 250 MT on February 2nd. After numerous emails to the salesperson I was dealing with, he assured me that the FIE that I requested will not be a problem.

My last contact with him was February 16. It took an email from me and a whole 2 months for him to reply back to me with an update on April 17 re-stating that it takes 90-120 days. I'm ok with that, I'm just looking for updates and to keep a line of communication open.

I receive another email on May 15th that they have confirmation that my car is being built in Japan and that it would take another 6-8 weeks. I replied with my enthusiasm and patiently waited. I had to email on June 7th just to get an update. I love how his update was: the car should dock in LA tomorrow and we allow 7-10 business days.

So great, I ask for a VIN # and he gives me that and the stock #. I then ask him not to drill holes in the front bumper. He said he'll make sure they don't so everything is gravy... Suddenly today, he emails me that my car arrived at the dealer yesterday. So I'm elated, right? I ask him to tell me exactly what was on the Factory Installed Equipment that he quoted me on my Toyota Purchase Form so he faxes it to me.

Guess what happened? The order is wrong. Not only did they not get the only option I thought was a deal breaker.... (NAV), but they also tacked on a spoiler, 18s and a Preferred Accessory Package when I specifically stated that I did not want a Spoiler or any other option, but NAV.

So in short.... should I go through the problem of doing another special order or take the vehicle sans Nav? Or maybe forget Lexus and look for a different car from a different manufacturer?

I would welcome your thoughts and hopefully we can get something resolved when I arrive at the dealer tonight.
Old 06-11-07, 06:19 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

geezus that sucks. If i waited 4 months for a car, i would want it perfect. Either this isnt the one you ordered, and they have a mixup, or...you and the dealer did not speak clearly as to what would be ordered. How can he order the wrong thing? dont you have like a receipt?

i would tell him to search the inventory to see if the car you want is available. The Nav is really important in my opinion, more important than the other accessories.
Old 06-11-07, 06:23 PM
mir
Driver

That sucks.... waiting so long and not getting what you want. I would echo what rxsf said, see if they have what you want in the lot or if he can get another one from another dealer. Plus print out your email conversation with him to show what you guys agreed on. Good luck.
Old 06-11-07, 06:24 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude the amount of time you waited is CRAZY! I went through DCH Lexus of Oxnard. They were great to deal with. I live in Las Vegas, but still went through them because they work good deals and have good customer service. They located the car I wanted on a boat that had a lot of lexus's on them and found the exact one I wanted, but it was supposed to go to another dealership. They contacted the dealership it was supposed to go to, to get claim to the car. They had it for me in like 8 or 10 days. It was a blk/blk IS 250 with a spoiler. You should contact them and see what they can do. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell too so I assure you they won't mess up your order or requests. Contact Joe Green at 805-988-8500 and tell him his customer Adam from Vegas sent you, he will treat you right and get you want you want.
Old 06-11-07, 07:11 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so which dealer is this?
Old 06-11-07, 07:16 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
so which dealer is this?
Yea really where is this?
Old 06-11-07, 07:20 PM
maxmurder
Driver School Candidate

i think u just got a bad sale-person....u should consider go to another dealer/ sale-person
Old 06-11-07, 07:20 PM
IS350Livin
Pit Crew

Dump them and go to another dealer. NAV is extremely nice to have if you can get it!!!!!!! That was one of the last options I was worried about, but it happened to come with the car I wanted, and I'm VERY glad it did. Don't settle for less just because you've waited. You will be glad you did.
Old 06-11-07, 07:22 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow... If i was on da mainland, nav isnt a luxury its a MUST HAVE... DONT take car. If you wanted a plain car hmm, guess your gonna coilover/bodykit/rims/sounds yea?

WAIT... arent you the guy that bought 10k worth of parts and dosent have the car yet???
Old 06-11-07, 07:23 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Best to go to another dealer that knows what they're doing.

Call dealers and ask if they have the exact car you are looking for. Be firm with what you want, and what you want to pay.

You know you love the car; you were willing to wait all this time for it. Just be patient and keep on looking.

Good luck!

By the way, what part of Cali are you from?
Old 06-11-07, 07:28 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^ +1.

the deal breaker is the nav. it's not on the car; the deal's off.

take your business to another dealer. is250's are a dime a dozen on the west coast; you should be able to find one to your liking.
Old 06-11-07, 07:43 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Did you get a contract and everything in writing? It seems a lot of people are getting screwed by dealers on special orders when using verbal agreements.
Old 06-11-07, 08:17 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the responses all. All my contact with him has been in email form and I had a copy for each and every email that went between us and the options that I wanted. I also have the pink copy of the Preference order from February, and a copy of the Toyota purchase form with the whole formula with my OTD price.

He apologized the whole time I was there, but here's the funny thing....While he apologized for the mistake, and that they would do everything they can, he also had the audacity to tell me multiple times how he did not want a bad survey. That I can go to a different dealer, just as long as he doesn't get a bad survey. Hello, a very bad mistake has been made and your customer service isn't near average, let alone perfect; you should expect a bad survey. It was just absurd.

I'm surprised I didn't lash out, but I went through the motions of them contacting the port to see if they could find one. I even almost compromised and took one with Cashmere interior instead, until he showed me a copy of the sticker and I noticed that there was no Nav! Wow, I can't believe what I'm getting from this person.

So here is where I stand right now. Someone from Regional will be there tomorrow and he will get together with the Fleet Manager and have a pow wow on how they got this order so wrong when everything is in writing. My name is still on the IS in the showroom and I will wait to see (in his own words) "if they can expedite the order". I have little faith in them doing that and worse off he tried to make me feel bad for special ordering a car that's "one of a kind".... Damn right I want my color combo in with the package I want if I have to wait for 4+ months...

So now I can either be lucky, (or bad depending on your viewpoint) and get a new special order 2007 or wait even longer and get an 08.

Out of respect to the dealer, I won't release the name till I give them the opportunity for them to make this right. Maybe it's just this particular salesperson that's a bad apple, who knows. I'll know more tomorrow
Old 06-11-07, 08:22 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, give them a bad survey and take the business to a different dealer...

don't take the car, you don't want it.
Old 06-11-07, 08:23 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Wow... If i was on da mainland, nav isnt a luxury its a MUST HAVE... DONT take car. If you wanted a plain car hmm, guess your gonna coilover/bodykit/rims/sounds yea?

WAIT... arent you the guy that bought 10k worth of parts and dosent have the car yet???
no actually that isn't me

Quick Reply: Extremely Frustrated @ Lexus Sales person