IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

TSB: ECU running too rich.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 12:14 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB: ECU running too rich.....

When I was pulling out of a club on Saturday night, as I come to a complete stop the car started shaking and the RPM gauge is jumping then it dies on me (No I wasn't drunk) so I turn it back on and go home. It happened a few weeks before but it didn't die it just started shaking and then I just gave it alittle more gas. So I dropped off my car to the dealership yesterday for an oil change and I explained what happened, so I get a call an hour ago telling me that there is a TSB for the ECU running rich in other words too much fuel but too little air. First I had TSB for an oil leak in the motor about two months ago and now this........
Old 06-13-07, 01:44 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

can you get that TSB # for us? And, maybe someone can post it here for everyone to see if their car's fall under it?
Old 06-13-07, 02:44 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah, I notice the same problem, but only for 1 or 2 seconds. The engine does not turn off yet. Please post the TSB#.
Old 06-13-07, 10:52 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

molexus you didn't take it back to sewell ft.worth did you? If you did, i am going to punch you next time i see you.
Old 06-14-07, 12:19 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

No Troy I took it to Dallas, the service is amazingly better than Fort Worth. I'll get the TSB numbers tomorrow and see but I m pretty sure its just 06 models.
Old 06-14-07, 04:47 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

shiet. that sucks man. the only things I have going wrong on my 07 IS 250 is the dashboard squeak and windshield cracking noise.

gonna get those fixed at my 5k oil change.

and if you live in north jersey, please avoid Lexus of Englewood. those service guys are ****s

when I went in to shut off my DRL's the porter's were blasting my sound system at max and bouncing around in my car like a bunch of monkeys
Old 06-14-07, 04:54 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my 07 has only had the dash board noise but it was when it got really cold in chicago and went away. i didnt do anything to it and so far so good. sure it will come back when its cold but once the car is warm is all good.

sorry to hear you are having these problems. should be an easy fix.
Old 06-14-07, 05:13 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

lol you should see my audi Q7

Came with 2 different color parking lights, interior footwell Led lighting wasn't working on front and back passenger seats (charged me labor to replace when it came from the dealership like that) passenger front and back windows auto feature stopped working after 10k miles, and driver side window will go halfway down when you press auto up for the 1st time every time you start up the car. also there is the same windshield cracking noise like my IS when going up a steep incline like a driveway.

other than that the cars run good =P

build quality issues are the only things so far and i'll report if anything else pops up.
Old 06-14-07, 06:11 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
shiet. that sucks man. the only things I have going wrong on my 07 IS 250 is the dashboard squeak and windshield cracking noise.

gonna get those fixed at my 5k oil change.

and if you live in north jersey, please avoid Lexus of Englewood. those service guys are ****s

when I went in to shut off my DRL's the porter's were blasting my sound system at max and bouncing around in my car like a bunch of monkeys
I had a very good service experience using Prestige Lexus.

Koz
Old 06-14-07, 07:16 AM
Kipperm13
Driver

Originally Posted by nabbun

I almost got my car my is350 there. Nice sales person but good to know about the service dept.
Old 06-14-07, 10:18 AM
Mr. 250
Driver School Candidate

same. car shakes for a few seconds feels like its gonna stall , didnt notice the rpm changing tho.
Old 06-14-07, 10:39 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

The same thing happens on mine...At first I thought it was just the K&N intake but it could be what you are saying too. It only happens to me sometimes when the car is in idle.
Old 06-14-07, 11:12 AM
acl15
Lead Lap

what do you mean by the car shakes? like the motor oscillates so vigorously that the rest of the car also shakes? or is the car just shaking because of something else?
Old 06-14-07, 11:35 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MoLexus
a TSB for the ECU running rich.....
Sounds another B/S they have told you. I just went through Service Bulletins and did not see any title fits that description. The possible one is about the EVAP, but... I don't think your car applies.

TSIB-SS.002-05: All 06 Models: EVAP System Pressure Tester Upgrade.

The way your service adviser told you sounded they have found solution for your car and will do it as warranty services. If you can, ask them to print out TSIB note for you. Just make sure they are not BSing.

Good Luck at dealer.
Old 06-14-07, 12:58 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Its more like a minor shake but an abnormal shake. I'll call them tomorrow and ask see if he can email or fax the TSIB for me because he claimed that the car will run 100x better but I don't notice the slightest of a difference. And yea it happens when Im in idle.

Quick Reply: TSB: ECU running too rich.....