IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

white or gray?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 03:54 PM
whitepearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Captain Jack says that the only thing better than the Black Pearl is the White Pearl!
Old 06-14-07, 03:57 PM
luder_lex
Driver School Candidate

yes i have been to the dealer. the most catching color i saw on the IS was Matador. Whoever got it, you must be getting a lot of "eyes on your car". it doesnt matter if ur a guy or girl but that color is one hot color for the IS. Everything else on the lot was SMG, SP, Obsidian, and Tungsten. I have to ask the sales person what color was the one on the showroom cause it look like Black Sapphire but it was Obsidian.

I am waiting for my friend which works at lexus to give me a call tomorrow, since hes off today. We spoke last night and he told me he would try to make my dream offer come true or else it will just be dream. HA. but anyways, i see most of you guys are going for SMG. NO PICTURES?? COME ON!!! HELP A NEW GUY OUT!! After all, I think i will go with the SMG. but iono until my dreams comes true.

now would SMG and BLACK interior... be a little too black?? or should i go with SMG and Metallic??

even if you do drive a white lexus and people laught at you cause your a guy. Well... at least you own a lexus!!
Old 06-14-07, 03:58 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

White is suppost to be a calm color, girly but i think it doesnt matter whos driving the car it looks nice either way. I'm a male and i wouldnt mind a white ISx50 the car looks really clean as well as the SGM color.

BTW: majority of the white ISx50 i've seen has been driven by females lol, but dont let that stop you from getting it.
Old 06-14-07, 05:45 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Why is white stereotyped for females?
If you are lazy about detailing, the white is easier to take care of because you don't need to worry about swirl marks. The pearl is nice, can't tell from a distance but when close up looks good... just right and not enough pearl to turn pink!

Not to mention I enjoy having a white car in sunny CA here as it's much more bearable (not as hot) to get into a parked white car vs a black one.. even though Lexus AC is superb.
Old 06-14-07, 05:50 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by luder_lex
yes i have been to the dealer. the most catching color i saw on the IS was Matador. Whoever got it, you must be getting a lot of "eyes on your car". it doesnt matter if ur a guy or girl but that color is one hot color for the IS. Everything else on the lot was SMG, SP, Obsidian, and Tungsten. I have to ask the sales person what color was the one on the showroom cause it look like Black Sapphire but it was Obsidian.

I am waiting for my friend which works at lexus to give me a call tomorrow, since hes off today. We spoke last night and he told me he would try to make my dream offer come true or else it will just be dream. HA. but anyways, i see most of you guys are going for SMG. NO PICTURES?? COME ON!!! HELP A NEW GUY OUT!! After all, I think i will go with the SMG. but iono until my dreams comes true.

now would SMG and BLACK interior... be a little too black?? or should i go with SMG and Metallic??

even if you do drive a white lexus and people laught at you cause your a guy. Well... at least you own a lexus!!

SGM with Sterling interior all the way. The interior has a nice 2 tone look between gray and black, and the carpet is still black, so it won't look dirty.

I also added the 25% ceramic tint. Very nice. These aren't my best pics, but are the only ones I have uploaded at this moment.

Old 06-15-07, 12:19 PM
luder_lex
Driver School Candidate

^^ could u show me some interior pictures!!
Old 06-15-07, 12:56 PM
DaveM79
Driver School Candidate

SGM all the way!... although I must tell you that I'm somewhat bias... i own a SGM ... check out the pic below... btw, i think you will be happy with whatever color you decide to choose...
Attached Thumbnails white or gray?-avatar3.jpg  
Old 06-15-07, 01:56 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by luder_lex
^^ could u show me some interior pictures!!
Sure, I'll take some pics tomorrow when I get back to my car and digital camera. I'm getting ready to travel back home from my business trip.
Old 06-15-07, 05:52 PM
luder_lex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveM79
SGM all the way!... although I must tell you that I'm somewhat bias... i own a SGM ... check out the pic below... btw, i think you will be happy with whatever color you decide to choose...
please post more pictures!!!

i just came back from the dealer and today was my first time looking at a IS with X-package!!!!! fycking beautiful!!

i was about to buy one off the lot!!! but they all 250's....

the dude who took my name and everything give me a 3k off. right from the start. and it seems like the first dealer i went to give me a pretty decent deal. but then again, its not the packages i want...

what i really want now is X-package, navi, prem package. hes going to look all over CT, NJ, NY, and PA. hopefully by monday he got something to tell me.

and on the color.... it really doesnt matter which one cause with the X rims on a white IS. (saw that one also on the lot)
Old 06-16-07, 10:57 PM
nioks
Rookie

I own IS with SGM. The color looks very nice and I like it . bad thing is.. it's hard to take care.....dust, water spot, road chip...etc...
Both colors are very nice and will make you happy.
Attached Thumbnails white or gray?-p1010654-copy2.jpg  
Old 06-17-07, 12:27 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

If the OP is "done with" owning dark cars, then SGM is something you should steer away from. It's a very nice color, but it is definitely dark. Having said that, if you're going for a white car, you should get Glacier Frost Mica...

Javier
Old 06-17-07, 12:40 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OH one thing about a white car i just learned, if you DONT have the brake TSIB done and you drive thru a light rain, when you get home you'll find black spots all down the side of your car... I should call for an appointment...
Old 06-17-07, 12:18 PM
luder_lex
Driver School Candidate

tsib brakes, isnt it re-slove by now? all new IS dont have this problem...
Old 06-17-07, 07:09 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Here are some interior photos of the SGM with Sterling Interior as requested earlier...

Old 06-17-07, 07:12 PM
luder_lex
Driver School Candidate

thanks!!! really really hot!!

hopefully tomorrow i will get an answer from the dealer!!

Quick Reply: white or gray?