unable to afford nice stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 10:35 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
That's o.k. The car is great as is.

Perhaps a ClubLexus decal will make that car a little more "custom"...
When are we getting some of these???
Old 06-15-07, 10:36 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, don't worry and don't be in a hurry. I always budget for wheels when I buy a car even if that means giving less for the down payment. Some think that's crazy but that's me. Problem is I get in a hurry to ge wheels cause I hate to drive stock. This usually results in getting wheels I may like but are not my first choice. Don't be like me. Take your time, save bucks and get nice stuff....then you'll only have to buy it once. Buying wheels I don't love means extra money for replacing them. I should have learned my lesson with the SC. Once I put the Maya's on, the itch for more wheels went away.
I recently got a new car too. I budgeted 3K for wheels. That's not enough for the type of wheels/tires to really compliment the car and it's color. I like the Racingharts I bought but I still have that itch. I know me, I'll eventually scratch.

Take it slow.
Old 06-15-07, 10:37 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
That's o.k. The car is great as is.

Perhaps a ClubLexus decal will make that car a little more "custom"...
wait, where can i get a ClubLexus decal?????
Old 06-15-07, 10:51 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

In an emergency, you can always live in your car. But you can never drive your house. (well most people anyway).

I'm kidding. Nothing wrong with the stock car. I'd rather put extra money in the red hot stock market right now. Well, maybe a few month ago...
Old 06-15-07, 11:01 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Dude, thats nothing to worry about!!! 98% of new Lexus owners do absolutely nothing to their cars. We here are such a small percentage its not even funny. You can enjoy your car just fine, AND SHOULD, without every making a single change!
Old 06-15-07, 11:04 AM
SoddingGit
Rookie

Originally Posted by freddymoo
what part of MD is this?
silver spring, laurel, college park, hyattsville, beltsville...need I go on?

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks that amber/orange blinkers make them stand out a bit more than red? I'm all for looks, but not at the expense of common sense/safety.

For me: RED LED > AMBER > RED

Too many crazy drivers around here....

Last edited by SoddingGit; 06-15-07 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-15-07, 11:30 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

freddymoo, i live in hawaii, its ungodly expensive here, 6-8bucks for a gal of milk, i cashed out investments to buy my car, all im gonna do to it is tint and lites cuz that all the car really needs, i cant drop it cuz i live on a hill and my driveway is already giving me front lip rash no matter what angle i go down it. I'm keeping my Xpac rims cuz i like the look of them and if i didnt have xpac, i'd still keep the stock 18's cuz they also look nice.

Just swapping out your parking/city lite alone will set you apart and will make a major impact to your cars look at nite. That is a under $20 mod. Look at some of the members pics, they have rims/drop/bodykits = big dollars yet they've neglected one of the cheepest mods of them all and the nite pics of their cars make it very obvious. Much of what sets your car apart is in the details, the little things that only another IS owner would see and/or appreciate. The ppl who will 'judge' your car isnt some ricer in honda cuz hes clueless, it will be by us your fellow 2IS peers, your in a different class now.

You dont need alot of money to 'set your car apart', a stocker even with a mod budget of under 200bucks can still park next to the blingboiz and feel no shame. Everyone knows afterall, 'stock is best'.

wow... i can go on rambling and validating your feelings/patting ourselves on the back more if you want, i dont mind you should see 'this is a great forum' thread its a full on 'smug alert'

Last edited by llamaboiz; 06-15-07 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-15-07, 11:56 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by freddymoo
after my purchase, i won't be able to afford nice rims, any mods. probably only a tint

unfortunately, not as rich$ as some of you on here...guess i have other priorities

so most likely will be bone stock...although i do appreciate nice pics on here...however, where i live in northern VA, i don't see much IS....and the ones i do see is all stock.
stock IS is still a good car!

mine's still stock ! haha
Old 06-15-07, 01:13 PM
illmike
Lead Lap

stock is the way to go! the car is nice as is...

i've been in the whole car mod'n industry for years, if it wasnt for the connects i was able to build during that time...i would of left my car stock.
Old 06-15-07, 01:14 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's okay being stock, work you way up. The IS is a fine car being stock anyway. For me it takes time to get to where I am right now. I'm not rich by any mean, I just work my *** off. In fact I never thought I would ever own a Lexus lol. I came here 14yrs old as an immigrant spoke no english and had no money. Do one mod at the time and before you know it you'll have your IS heavily modded
Old 06-15-07, 04:30 PM
CarlitosPR
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Dude you own a lexus i dont know but mods are not mandatory to this forum just been one of the finest cars in the marcket why feel bad just go crazy and all the way.

PS. This car with Tint glass its perfect! that was my first mod and keep going and going and going !
Old 06-17-07, 08:11 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Where can i get the clublexus decal
Old 06-17-07, 08:21 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
Where can i get the clublexus decal
You cant, not yet, just wait.
Old 06-17-07, 08:29 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan
IMHO, you’ll HAVE nice rims. They were designed to enhance the car’s appearance by experienced design engineers. To take these perfectly new rims and throw them in a corner somewhere to collect dust for 10 years, and spend up to $4,000 on replacement rims that probably will not allow you to have TPMS, is something I’ll never understand.
actually my rims are doing just that. sitting in the corner of my garage collecting dust. I use them on track days only.
Old 06-17-07, 08:36 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
You cant, not yet, just wait.
oh but do u know when. I would love to have the decal on my car

Quick Reply: unable to afford nice stuff