IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 IS350 Ordered at JM Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-07, 04:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Sounds like another happy customer at JM Lexus..
Old 06-22-07, 06:16 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my IS350 from JM about a year ago - very happy with the experience, no BS and no bad attitude.

I worked with Shannon, got a good deal on my base IS350 with 18" wheels.

Can't wait to see the photos of your 2008, hope they added some nice new options.
Old 06-22-07, 08:05 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CoasterG
I bought my IS350 from JM about a year ago - very happy with the experience, no BS and no bad attitude.

I worked with Shannon, got a good deal on my base IS350 with 18" wheels.

Can't wait to see the photos of your 2008, hope they added some nice new options.
So far, so good with JM Lexus. I'll give a final report once the car gets here, but I don't expect any problems. One thing that I found interesting.... when having the 07 RX350 nav worked on at JM Lexus on two seperate days that were 2 weeks apart, I inquired with the floor sales person and her team leader about the 2008 and they were both clueless and had incorrect information. More so, it seemed as if they really didn't care about my purchase. Had I relied on the initial info, I wouldn't have ordered the 08 already. It was the internet rep that was on the ball. Reflecting back, the initial contact with the floor sales people, they had no idea who I/we were and we were dressed casually. While the internet sales rep knew that my husband is a physician. This makes me wonder about their response.

Once the 08 comes, I'll post in the appropriate thread a few pics of me with my IS.
Old 06-22-07, 08:20 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fantom
The JM sales force is quite disciplined, sticks to the script, and has strict sales managers......trying to get the details from them, like most Lexus dealerships, is near impossible.
Quoting myself is a bit weird but, exactly my experience with the floor staff at JM, Gal.

In the past I stopped by several times, asked for Shannon, was told she wasn't there, and was handed off to some clueless (non)sales person both of whom proceeded to just waste my time. It's great to know JM's latest internet saleswoman knows her stuff.

DropTopGal and Joe V have been very helpful THANKS.
Old 06-22-07, 09:25 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

I definitely agree about the internet salespeople.

For example:

When I went to go close on my IS350 and pick it up I got a ride from some friends to come down from Melbourne, I was in khaki cargo shorts and a t-shirt.

Did any of the regular sales people say a word to me? Nope. In fact I'd say they actively ignored me.

I spoke with someone inside and they called Shannon. She was very nice and friendly and we then went and saw the car (still plastic wrapped =) ), she had it prepped and we took it for a test drive and I bought it ASAP.

You should've seen some of the other salespeople faces drop when I bought the car on the spot and drove off. Its almost a test for me, if your judging on appearance your not going to get my business.
Old 06-22-07, 09:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

I always buy cars in faded Levi's and a t-shirt. Always. It gets rid of the amateurs very quickly.
Old 06-22-07, 09:57 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I always buy cars in faded Levi's and a t-shirt. Always. It gets rid of the amateurs very quickly.
Exactly as my husband does. He does not look like the "typical" doc and when we are out car shopping, he makes jokes about it.
Old 06-22-07, 10:14 PM
diablodude
Rookie

Anyone had any experience buying and getting a car delivered from this dealership if you live in another state?
Old 06-22-07, 10:33 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diablodude
Anyone had any experience buying and getting a car delivered from this dealership if you live in another state?
No local dealership there in your area? I doubt JM Lexus would ship a car, but they would gladly sell you one at a fair price. Simply call them and find out. Open transport runs about $800, closed about $1,200. Then again, a flight to Fort Lauderdale and a drive back to NC would be fun. No matter where you buy, faded jeans and a t-shirt is a must! LOL
Old 06-22-07, 10:39 PM
diablodude
Rookie

lol thanx. I am working with a dealership here but after a few issues, I am starting to doubt I'll be driving away with one from them.
Old 06-23-07, 08:00 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by diablodude
I've done it.

No problems at all...when as smooth as a new born babies rear end.

30 day temp registration, shipped on dealers flat bed from Mobile to Ft. Lauderdale, and picked up my trade in for the return....all for $500 extra.
Then register in FL, and pay the sales tax, title and licence fees here.

I saved about $7,000 from what the local (less than champion) Porsche dealer was trying to rob me of. Of course, Porsche has a web site that makes it relatively easy to check stock throughout the USA. Another customer service that Lexus could, but doesn't want to, learn. JMO.
Old 06-23-07, 08:54 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

I am planning on having JM Lexus ship the car to me. They told me they have a number of transportation services they use and I could pick whichever one I wanted. I was also told the price would be in the hundreds to around a $1000 to ship the car. Some may question this additional expense, but compared to dealing with the dealers around here versus getting what I want from JM without much hassle it'll definitely be worth the time savings for me. I wish I called them from the beginning instead of wasting my time on the dealers around here that jerked me around for the first couple of months of my car search.
Old 06-23-07, 07:02 PM
DropTopGal
Lead Lap

Kudos for "jdanon" for being the first to identify Cindy as the person to go through at JM Lexus.
Old 06-25-07, 01:56 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a great deal! And you will be one of the very first to get the 2008... You better post tons of pics!!
Old 06-25-07, 08:22 PM
diablodude
Rookie

After taking back my deposit today from the local dealership I contacted Cindy at JM Lexus. Working out the numbers right now, will let you know what happens.

Quick Reply: 2008 IS350 Ordered at JM Lexus