IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

VentureShield Clear Bra Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07, 02:51 AM
ucdmoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VentureShield Clear Bra Pictures

I had my clear bra installed by Premier Mobile Group in Fremont, CA. They were recommended to me by a friend who also had his IS done by them. They did a great job and back their work with a life time warranty from bubbling, fading, peeling, and cracking (with proper care of course). Their staff was very responsive over the phone and email, plus they were very professional and knowledgeable.

What I got:
1. Pre-cut kit covers: front bumper, fenders, headlamps, foglamps, side mirrors, and hood bonnet
2. Pre-cut pillar and roof covers: pillars on both sides of the front windshield and 4 inches up the roof from the top of the front windshield
3. Custom full hood cover upgrade: entire hood

Old 06-18-07, 02:54 AM
ucdmoo
Rookie

Pictures continued...

Note: The third to the last picture shows how they wrapped the film around the inside of the hood to conceal the edges for a "custom" job since this wasn't a pre-cut kit.
Old 06-18-07, 04:31 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whao! What was the cost of the whole thing?

Warrionex
Old 06-18-07, 06:46 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

im sad i dont have a clear bra... i have a HUGE chip on my hood and fender.. they are both next to eachother mocking me...
Old 06-18-07, 07:13 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Very clean install...looks great
Old 06-18-07, 08:32 AM
ac281
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that's a nice kit. How much was the total price for kit+install? I really like how they wrapped it around the hood. Less places for wax to get caught up in.
Old 06-18-07, 09:43 AM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know. I think we need a few more pics...

Looks like they did a great install.

That one on the roof would have done me well. Got a nice big rock fly up and take a nick right where that would have been.
Old 06-18-07, 09:56 AM
pylee257
Lead Lap

great job. wish i got clear bra before everything. now theres no point
Old 06-18-07, 10:05 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

They did a great job
Old 06-18-07, 10:33 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

This must be the only IS with the roof + pillars cover. Looks like a very good install. I'd do the full fender too to complete the look together with the full hood, but that's just me. BTW, how much did all these cost?
Old 06-18-07, 11:43 AM
ucdmoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by warrionex
Whao! What was the cost of the whole thing?
Pre-cut kit = $690
Pre-cut pillar/roof kit = $90
Full hood = $350

Total = $1130

The install took an entire day and I was lucky to get an appointment so soon after I got my car. I picked up my car from the dealer on Saturday, and brought it in on Monday for the install. And of course, what happens on the way home from the dealer? I get a fat chip on the hood... I bolted back to the dealer service center just before they closed and picked up some touch-up paint. The guys at Premier did me a favor and touched it up before they put on the clear bra. The chip looks much better than before, but of course touch-up paint is never perfect and if you know it's there (like I do ), you can kind of still see it. But overall, I'm happy with how it turned out.

I'll probably go back to Premier to get my ceramic tint done. I'll post pictures of that as well.

Last edited by ucdmoo; 06-18-07 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-18-07, 11:52 AM
ucdmoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
I'd do the full fender too to complete the look together with the full hood, but that's just me.
You know, now that I think about it, I should have got the whole fender done like you said. It would look better, but I didn't think it was necessary at the time. Oh well, it's already done and I can't complain. For anyone else who's getting the install, I'd recommend getting the full fender with the entire hood if you've got the cash.
Old 06-18-07, 02:49 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$1130, jeez thats one expensive kit. I hope it works out for you. My paint look like shhhhhh, wish i had that kit.
Old 06-19-07, 01:58 AM
ucdmoo
Rookie

Yep, it's quite a bit of money, but it's well worth it. What I posted was the original quoted price, but the guys at Premier actually cut me a break since I negotiated with them and mentioned I was a CL member. I'm sure they'd do the same for others.

I can already see little superficial scratches on the clear bra where rocks and debris have hit my bumper and hood. No doubt those would have been chips in my paint without the clear bra. The scratches in the clear bra are easily buffed out and waxed over again to look like new. I travel through areas with constant construction and loose debris, so the peace of mind is absolutely worth the investment IMO.
Old 06-22-07, 10:19 PM
diablodude
Rookie

Question, when they installed the clear bra, did you have some bubbles and creases that went away as the moisture underneath dried out?

Quick Reply: VentureShield Clear Bra Pictures