IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS 350 with Luxury and Mark Levinson - Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07, 07:42 PM
supcraig
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 350 with Luxury and Mark Levinson - Good price?

I have an 07 IS 350 with luxury pack and mark levinson with spoiler.

The dealer is giving me 45K out the door. Tax, license, etc...

I am not sure if I should go for this or wait for 08?

I know options wont change much, but resale value will be a whole year newer.

I want to do what makes the most financial sense.

Thank you!
Old 06-18-07, 07:48 PM
SoddingGit
Rookie

Spending a chunk of change on a nice, fun, reliable car and NOT planning to trade it in makes the most financial sense. As good as resale on the IS is, it still depreciates, losing you money in the end....unless you never sell it.

That being said, I would guess that with the extra money the 2008 will cost you (they probably won't give you the same deal on an '08) you probably won't make up in resale. I'd go for the '07, and that sounds like a decent deal.

peace.
Old 06-18-07, 08:13 PM
ucdmoo
Rookie

I got my 350 ML/Nav/Lux/Spoiler for $43.6k OTD, which is $250 over invoice. You should be able to negotiate for a better price. I also agree with SoddingGit, go for the '07, but perhaps wait a bit longer towards the end of the year when the dealers are trying to offload the '07s to make room for the '08s.
Old 06-18-07, 08:31 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Your price seems to high.

For those that claim that there will be a glut of 2007s in a month are two, you are mistaken. I initially tried to buy an IS350 in April, and just couldn't find one with the features I wanted at a reasonable price.

I tried to negotiate, but dealers wanted $1K to $1500 over invoice. On the same token, I was able to get prices on IS250s that were up to $1K below invoice.

This made my decision a bit easy.

There will only be slim pickings of the IS350 over the next couple of months until the 08s come out. They are in short supply to begin with.
Old 06-18-07, 08:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by supcraig

What part of Cali are you at? Some regions have 350s selling at MSRP due to harder-to-find allocations.

Getting it for $45k is a little high. Is the sticker about $43k? You should get the car at sticker price OTD. Which dealer are you negotiating with?

Good luck and keep us informed with the progress...
Old 06-18-07, 09:12 PM
taylorjste
Pole Position

i'd say its a good deal.. considering i paid sticker for my 350 with lux, nav and ml in may 06 but then again, thats in texas where that combo is super rare.. my advice is this: dont let it slip away over $1000.. cars optioned like this are rare!! and once you get it with all the extras you wont regret it! good luck
Old 06-18-07, 09:23 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's a great deal at all for CA.

I really don't think there's that much of a supply crunch. I've been at 3 different dealers in the past month and every one of them has several 350's on the lot.

As for 07 vs 08, if you are not getting invoice or better on the 07, then just hold out for 08. If you can hold out until December, they'll be all out of 07's anyway and you can really negotiate during then. I'll never buy a car in any other month again...
Old 06-18-07, 09:37 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

If your happy with the deal then take it. How can we tell you if it is good deal or not? People have paid more and people have paid less for that set up. Waiting for an 08 just for the resale value seems odd to me.
Old 06-18-07, 10:04 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by golfproatl
If your happy with the deal then take it. How can we tell you if it is good deal or not? People have paid more and people have paid less for that set up. Waiting for an 08 just for the resale value seems odd to me.
+1. Where about are you in CA?
Old 06-18-07, 10:07 PM
supcraig
Driver School Candidate

I am also worried about missing out on the new 08 features!!! Which no one seems have any idea what they are.

I wouldn't care if they changed something lame like parking sensor beeps, but something like a new nav that allows destination while moving! That would be worth the wait.

Anyone have any clues at all what they might be changing?
Old 06-18-07, 10:10 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by golfproatl
Disagree there. If 07s are selling well and it just naturally rolls into an 08 without a big gap in price, then the resale value argument is very valid. If he wants to dump the car in 2010, he'll get a KBB price for a 2 year old car when it's actually 2.4 years old, while if he took the 07, he'll be selling a 3 year old car that's actually 2.6...

something like that...

People often just focus on the model year and forget the actual year the car was put into service.
Old 06-18-07, 11:43 PM
fdelement
Driver

I basically got the exact same car without ML for 41k OTD so I think you can do a lot better.
Old 06-19-07, 06:26 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

not sure on the tax down there in cali but I was able to get sport + ML for 37500 before TTL, 39908 OTD

Your price seems pretty high, wait until the end of the month if you can, better deals can be had at that time if the car is still there (bought mine at the end of the month)
Old 06-19-07, 07:21 AM
ckaught78
Rookie

Originally Posted by supcraig

I am not sure if I should go for this or wait for 08?

I know options wont change much, but resale value will be a whole year newer.

I want to do what makes the most financial sense.

Thank you!
In terms of resale value between the two it will be a wash especially since there isn;t a major style change. What you need to realize is that if you go with the 08 instead of the 07 you will have a newer car with more miles versus an older car with fewer miles. That difference in miles will will eat up any financial benefit. Hope this makes sense.
Old 06-19-07, 07:25 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

If you can wait till the 08s come out I would... Youre already so close, why not drive a current year vehicle that much longer?

Quick Reply: IS 350 with Luxury and Mark Levinson - Good price?