IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone tint their front windshield??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-07, 09:31 PM
caseyb83
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just curious if yall have ever driven with a tinted windshield before. I thought exactly the same thing that youve all said. It seems kinda dangerous and it will be really dark when its nighttime. All of my windows are 15% with the front done in 35% I really can see fine at night when Im driving. Its definately not like putting on a pair of sunglasses and driving at night (thats way darker). If you cant see everything out of my windshield while driving at night then you dont need to be on the road anyway. I just had to flash my high beems at a car with their lights off the other night! As for the guy that has the friend that killed somebody, that really sucks, but i honestly dont think it was the windshields fault. I have glanced down before to look at the radio in my moms car like for a split second and bam!! a deer ran in front of me and smashed my moms car. That could have easily been a human and i would have been screwed. Anything can happen at any moment in time because of any reason. So dont ever look down at your radio while driving the car, (good thing for those controls on the steering wheel) but other than that, having your front windshield tinted isnt a stupid idea, you can see out of it just fine and it makes the car look a lot better too!
Old 06-24-07, 02:15 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=ISyouinyet;2716587]longQUOTE]i feel kind of the same way. what is worse, someone with 35% front and 50% windshield or someone with limo all around except windshield. I would think it would be more dangerous to drive in the limo'd car than the one with the windshield tinted so it's all relative to who is driving and the individual to determine whether they can operate their vehicle with a tinted windshield. Smoking is a bad idea, doesn't mean people can't do it.
Old 06-24-07, 03:51 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Julez;2717932]
Originally Posted by ISyouinyet
Smoking is a bad idea, doesn't mean people can't do it.
Putting a gun to your head a pulling the trigger is also a bad idea. So what's your point --that doing one dangerous thing means it's OK to do another?
Old 06-24-07, 04:03 PM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS250 4 Me
Not to flame anyone, but this thread is more proof that the OP lacks life experiences, and doesn't understand the law.

I had a friend that had his windshield tinted, got into an accident that was his fault, and wound up killing 2 people, and one was an infant girl. He claimed he "didn't see it coming".

Vehicular homicide...he's now behind bars.

A car isn't a toy, despite the fact that some people think so. Legal ramifications will teach you over time.

The OP is too immature to understand, but rest assured, if I see you driving with a tinted windshield on my roads, I'm noting your license plate and reporting you to the police. Not to be a pain in the ***, but this is illegal in almost all states, and there is a reason for it.

if you seriously think that the accident was caused solely because of the tint..you my friend, are the one who is immature. I understand that you are trying to be a good person by taking the law into our own hands..but trust me we will live without you there to protect this country...thanks though
Old 06-24-07, 04:11 PM
mir
Driver

Originally Posted by bygtimaish
if you seriously think that the accident was caused solely because of the tint..you my friend, are the one who is immature. I understand that you are trying to be a good person by taking the law into our own hands..but trust me we will live without you there to protect this country...thanks though
I am sure there were other factors involved which caused the accident. But the fact of the matter is the drive said he did not see it coming
puts the blame more on the windshield tinting rather than anything else. Note, he did not say he was distracted while he was smoking or talking on the phone or doing something else that prevented him to see. He simple plain, did not see. People should not be driving with tinted windshield. Period. There is a good reason why there is a law against it. Do not bet your future by doing it.
Old 06-24-07, 04:11 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look guys thing is, if you hit someone even if its not your fault, theres a thing called LIABILITY. All it takes is a smart lawyer to say, 'he has tint on the front windshild, thus imparing his vision', BOOOM now your the one at fault. Sure it looks nice, sure it keeps the heat out, sure you can still see out even at nite BUT is that really worth being liable in an accident? To me, its not worth it.
Old 06-24-07, 09:07 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

If u wanna get to the point of saying its against the law. U can say speeding will get u introuble. driving with no seatbelt. talking of the phone. all things u shouldn't do but im sure 95% of us do one of these things.

Also some of us have legal documents to be excempt from the law. Or at least i do.
Old 06-24-07, 09:34 PM
JasonC
Pole Position

I think a lot of ppl here are concerned because the word "tint" alone means it will get significantly darker. I got 70% on my windshield and nobody knows I've got it tinted..it's all bout moderation. The stuff I got put onto my windshield gives me real good protection from the sun and it's nearly clear. Got pulled over 2xs for not having front plates, but never got anything for the windshield or my front 2.
Old 06-25-07, 09:49 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

OP I feel your pain. I live in the Inland Empire - Corona- to be exact. I use the A/C and use shades.
But I will never tint my windshield for safety reason. Just like what most said ..... it's illegal and dangerous.