IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

*** Why I might sell my IS **RANT**

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-07, 11:33 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

509 and the rest of you.

Personally i'm thankful for VDIM, i wont push my car, that i paid for outright with my savings from many many yrs, without it. I've been driving 'sporty'/full sports/muscle rwd cars for the past 24yrs, this is my first 4dr AND automatic i've ever bought *its my midlife car, yes 4dr n auto weird huh*. I know my limits and i try to stay within them BUT there have been times, alot of times where i've gone over the limits of my driving ability and the ability of the tires to adhere to the road...

I'm sure that when i was younger and IF we had these nannies back then i woulda felt the same way.

My question to you is... Lexus is a luxury car with sporty intentions so of course its gonna have the latest safety gizmos. If you really wanted a control your own sports car why the hell did you walk into a Lexus dealership in the first place? or...didnt you do your homework before you bought the car? or... would you like some cheese with your whine?
Old 08-20-07, 04:50 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
My question to you is... Lexus is a luxury car with sporty intentions so of course its gonna have the latest safety gizmos. If you really wanted a control your own sports car why the hell did you walk into a Lexus dealership in the first place? or...didnt you do your homework before you bought the car? or... would you like some cheese with your whine?

I think we were all aware of the limitations before buying - it wasn't enough to stop me from getting the IS. Plus it can be hacked easily. For me I guess it's a little frustrating seeing a product for what it can be and knowing that something out of my control is limiting it. Hack or no hack I can live with the functionality as is.
Old 08-20-07, 05:24 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=Gtidan;2853452]
Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Yeah, I must be a teenager because I have confidence in my abilities and my driving record confirms it.

This statement proves nothing but arrogance on your part. Never met a teenager yet who didn't think he was a better (safer) driver than his Mom or Dad. It's OK though because science now knows a teenage brain is 'not' fully developed. So relax and you'll be wiser sooner than you think.

The more I read here the happier I am that Lexus and other car makers put the controls in place to stop the 'I'm perfectly safe to input addresses while driving' crowd. Lexus.......keep up the good work. Now if they could only find a way to stop the same crowd from putting on makeup or text messaging while driving it would be perfect.
And once your brain develops past the need for ad hominem remarks, maybe we can get back to the discussion. I never attacked you personally, and yet you take it as a personal affront that I feel that I should be able to use my car to the best of my ability, and not the lowest common denominator.

The fact that my driving record is clean is a statement of fact, not arrogance.

And for the record, you have no idea how old I am. Assumptions are made by A$$holes as they say.....at least I think that's how the saying goes.
Old 08-20-07, 05:28 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
509 and the rest of you.

Personally i'm thankful for VDIM, i wont push my car, that i paid for outright with my savings from many many yrs, without it. I've been driving 'sporty'/full sports/muscle rwd cars for the past 24yrs, this is my first 4dr AND automatic i've ever bought *its my midlife car, yes 4dr n auto weird huh*. I know my limits and i try to stay within them BUT there have been times, alot of times where i've gone over the limits of my driving ability and the ability of the tires to adhere to the road...

I'm sure that when i was younger and IF we had these nannies back then i woulda felt the same way.

So you are saying that knowing the limitations of a car before buying gives us no right to express our opinions about how it could be better? I am confused than....why does this forum exist?