IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

loaner car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 09:31 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry loaner car

i just came back from the lexus dealership and im very dissapointed, cause my 350 been making weird thud noise everytime i run over a bump, it turn out the my "R/R shock is leaking" so it have insfficient fluid nad need to be replaced, i only have 1700 miles on it too, i thought it was a lexus not a ford. anyway they told me that i can't get a loaner car cause im under 21. i thought that u only need to be at least 18 to be able to take out a loaner car does anyone knows anything about this? thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-07, 09:35 AM
Rickster31
Pole Position

You have to be 21. Have your parents sign on the loaner, and use their car, let your parents drive the loaner.

Not hating at all, but 18 and an IS350? Must be nice!

But they are correct, no rental places rent out to under 21, so just have your parents do it.
Old 06-26-07, 09:35 AM
Rickster31
Pole Position

PS - Is the roll up windows thru the Viper 5000 Car alarm or a seperate product?
Old 06-26-07, 09:40 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rickster31
You have to be 21. Have your parents sign on the loaner, and use their car, let your parents drive the loaner.

Not hating at all, but 18 and an IS350? Must be nice!

But they are correct, no rental places rent out to under 21, so just have your parents do it.
thanks but im actually 20

Originally Posted by Rickster31
PS - Is the roll up windows thru the Viper 5000 Car alarm or a seperate product?
its through the viper remote, its one of the features that they could set the remote to do auto for you.
ps: i love this feature the most, it make my car look really cool as i walk away and my windows start to roll up my itself.
Old 06-26-07, 09:56 AM
Rickster31
Pole Position

Thats awesome. I may have to invest into that alarm just for the roll up. Doesn't hurt having a better security system anyways.

And sorry about the 18 thing, read it wrong, but yes under 21 they are not obligated to rent to you. They CAN, but this their decision. I suggest you drive your parents car and let them get a loaner.
Old 06-26-07, 10:07 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

I am going to the dealership next Monday and am bringing my mom with me to sign for the loaner as I am just a few months short of being 21. Most likely I'll drive the loaner too - c'mon ES350!
Old 06-26-07, 10:16 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I was getting my brake TSB done and reserved a loaner also when I made an appt. I got there thinking that I was going to get one and they asked, how old are you? I said 19 and they said i'm sorry but I can't give you a loaner unless you're 21. Had to wait for 3 hours because they didn't have the brakes untile the truck came. The should've disclosed it on the phone!

Trending Topics

Old 06-26-07, 10:39 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DrShoe
I am going to the dealership next Monday and am bringing my mom with me to sign for the loaner as I am just a few months short of being 21. Most likely I'll drive the loaner too - c'mon ES350!
You can take a chance and drive the loaner, but just be aware if you damage or total it, or injure someone, it will be to YOUR ACCOUNT, or your mommie's account. Most likely nothing would happen, but do you really want to take the chance on a $35,000 car, or worse if you hurt someone???? I wouldn't and which is why you buy insurance when you rent cars. The liability is too great to ignore it.

Doesn't matter if you are 'almost 21'. Close doesn't count. If you aren't 21 Lexus will not indemnify you against damage or loss. Think about it long and hard before deciding to break your agreement with Lexus. When you, or your mom, takes that loaner car you are agreeing that you won't drive it.

Last edited by Evitzee; 06-26-07 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-26-07, 10:58 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AzNLeX250
Yea, I was getting my brake TSB done and reserved a loaner also when I made an appt. I got there thinking that I was going to get one and they asked, how old are you? I said 19 and they said i'm sorry but I can't give you a loaner unless you're 21. Had to wait for 3 hours because they didn't have the brakes untile the truck came. The should've disclosed it on the phone!
Given the demographics of Lexus sales, the default position is probably not to ask everybody if they're over 21. I think the burden is on you to disclose that you're under... well, at least you know this time...
Old 06-26-07, 11:39 AM
lexusam
Driver School Candidate

When I went in for a fix on my seat for noise, they gave me a broke down Ford Taurus and expected me to pay for all the expenses afterwards. That car broke down on my in the freeway, had to put in gas cause it only came with 1/4 of a tank. Made a crazy complain call to Lexus headquarters and now their refunding my money back plus a premium service coupon at any dealership. Still cant believe they gave me a Taurus when they had so many loaner Lexus' available.
Old 06-26-07, 11:51 AM
aznpapaya
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusam
When I went in for a fix on my seat for noise, they gave me a broke down Ford Taurus and expected me to pay for all the expenses afterwards. That car broke down on my in the freeway, had to put in gas cause it only came with 1/4 of a tank. Made a crazy complain call to Lexus headquarters and now their refunding my money back plus a premium service coupon at any dealership. Still cant believe they gave me a Taurus when they had so many loaner Lexus' available.
hahaha thats a FORD for ya, Found On Road Dead
Old 06-26-07, 01:09 PM
Koofteh
Pole Position

I had my RSX since I was 17 and then never denied me a loaner car from Acura... The only time they gave me an actual rental car was recently so I was over 21, but their own cars the loaned out to me from when I was 17.

Not sure about Lexus' policies, but I guess it doesn't apply to me anymore.
Old 06-26-07, 01:24 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 268 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by sirkfc
Given the demographics of Lexus sales, the default position is probably not to ask everybody if they're over 21. I think the burden is on you to disclose that you're under... well, at least you know this time...
I'll bet the age restriction is a requirement of the dealer's insurance policy. As to disclosure, every dealer I've ever patronized has required a photocopy of my driver's license before handing over the keys.
Old 06-26-07, 02:27 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

Quick question, my ID badge from work allows me to rent a car through any rental car agency even though I am under 25, will the Lexus dealer do the same? The less lazy side of me says call, but I'm at work so that isn't happening for a while.
Old 06-26-07, 04:51 PM
SParker1tx
Pole Position

Ya that pissed me off too... im 18 and when I went to get a loaner and was denied I had to drive two hours back in rush hour traffic because I had other appointments that day that I could not stay and wait for them to do the repairs!! It pissed me off soo much... you can buy a car at 18 from them but not drive their loaners... but next time im switching with my mom whos got GS 350 and she'll get the loaner and stuff while im driving her car Kinda of a good deal for me, but sucks for others who's parents cant switch with them >.< Just a big hassle...

Quick Reply: loaner car