IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Please help, this is just ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 01:23 PM
ls350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, this is just ridiculous

I have a 2006 IS350 and have had problems with rattles right from the beginning. I've had issues with the pillars (which have yet to be fixed), a rattling seatbelt clip problem that the technicians have apparently never seen, a dash rattle, a rattle in the back of the car near the window and a sunroof rattle.

Everytime I've taken the car in to have these items fixed, it's taken anywhere from 1.5 weeks to 3.5 weeks (which was the longest) to fix. The latest problem I've had pertains to the rattle near the back of the window and a dash rattle.

I have taken it in 3 times now for the latest rattling noises (I even had to get corporate involved). I just picked up the car from the dealer today and heard the dash and back window rattle about 30 seconds after I drove it off the lot. The sad thing is, that now, in addition to these two rattles there's another one coming from the back (which I think may be the same seatbelt clip issue I had 3 weeks after getting the car).

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope here guys. Should I contact corporate again and finally site some type of lemon law issue? I love this car, but after dumping over 9 grand in payments this past year and being without my car for about 2.5 months of that time, I just want to cry

I'd appreciate any advice anybody could give. At this point, I'm just pretty much defeated
Old 07-01-07, 01:53 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Read the TSIB for the rattles and try to fix them yourself.

You do know that for the 3wks your car is in the shop its just sitting there...they'll only work on it a couple of hrs a wk :/

Play the radio louder when you drive
Old 07-01-07, 02:05 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

Just curious, whats your issues with the B Pillars? Mine seem to be loose and I feel they might fall off
Old 07-01-07, 02:05 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which dealer did you bring your car to?
Old 07-01-07, 02:07 PM
ls350
Driver School Candidate

I took it in to Crown Lexus.
Old 07-01-07, 02:08 PM
ls350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DeviousOne
Just curious, whats your issues with the B Pillars? Mine seem to be loose and I feel they might fall off
DeviousOne,

I have the same issues you're having. It's brutal.
Old 07-01-07, 02:09 PM
ls350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Read the TSIB for the rattles and try to fix them yourself.

You do know that for the 3wks your car is in the shop its just sitting there...they'll only work on it a couple of hrs a wk :/

Play the radio louder when you drive
I know, I just can't let this one go. It's too much time and too much money. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-01-07, 02:11 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thou i kinda wish i knew what everyone was talking about when these 'rattle' threads pop up... i feel so left out
Old 07-01-07, 02:24 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

I have an appointment to go fix some things. Hopefully I'll have some better luck.

Is the back rattle coming from the passenger side? Mine seems to be back in that right rear corner by the back window.

I also have a rattle in the left front corner of the dash which only comes when its cold. That was until yesterday when it was like 80 degrees and it started rattling.

Old 07-01-07, 02:42 PM
ls350
Driver School Candidate

I have an appointment to go fix some things. Hopefully I'll have some better luck.

Is the back rattle coming from the passenger side? Mine seems to be back in that right rear corner by the back window.

I also have a rattle in the left front corner of the dash which only comes when its cold. That was until yesterday when it was like 80 degrees and it started rattling.

Good luck.

The back rattle is coming from the right rear corner of the back window. The rattle coming from the dash initially occurred when there was hot weather. Once the car cooled down, the rattle was minimized and almost seemed to disappear.

I'm sorry to say that it has finally occurred during cold weather as well. It's brutal.
Old 07-01-07, 02:55 PM
DeviousOne
Lead Lap

Isn't there a TSIB for the rear window rattle? I thought I remember seeing it, but now that I'm thinking about it, it might have been for a different model. The GS?
Old 07-01-07, 03:01 PM
ls350
Driver School Candidate

Isn't there a TSIB for the rear window rattle? I thought I remember seeing it, but now that I'm thinking about it, it might have been for a different model. The GS?
True, I believe it was the GS.
Old 07-01-07, 03:10 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Thou i kinda wish i knew what everyone was talking about when these 'rattle' threads pop up... i feel so left out

^^^Exactly how i feel too..i have an 06...flawlesss so far
Old 07-01-07, 03:32 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Check into the Lemon Law for California and file whatever is appropriate to get it started.

Its insane to have your brand new car in the shop for that long without getting the issue solved.
Old 07-01-07, 03:51 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a very strange issue. Some have nothing but problems, rattle wise, and others report no rattles whatsoever. Fortunately, I'm in the latter category. I just drove 700 miles at speeds averaging aroung 70 mph (80 mph limit in TX) and as we were going along today my wife was reading a book and we had music on at a fairly low level. She commented how quiet the car was with no squeaks, rattles or wind noise. The only sound was the tire noise, which can't really be helped. I've had my car for 11 months and haven't had a squeak, pop, tick, groan, burp or anything else. I keep thinking something will change and I'll start hearing the dreaded rattle(s). But so far, so good. Build date 02/06.

I do feel badly about those who suffer these problems. It is strange why there is such a variation in cars with endemic problems and those with no problems whatsoever. Must be the luck of the draw as to how the variation in tolerances add up.

Quick Reply: Please help, this is just ridiculous