IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone have a bluetooth phone that works good w/ their car???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 09:48 AM
el3ctone
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sony ericsson FTW!!!
the best part is that it can transfer all contacts at once.
Many phones can't. I TRIED
oh yeah and if you use Motorola it's FUNKY, the ringtone will play out of the car speakers.
Old 07-02-07, 11:50 AM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shiftlock
Blackberry 8100 (Pearl)/ Tmobile.. works great.. l
cosign, pairs perfectly
Old 07-02-07, 12:36 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

I have a vzw 8700 LG too. Thing works flawlessly. Connects and disconnects automatically and always sounds good.
Old 07-02-07, 12:53 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
My Verizon V3c Razr shows the battery and signal strength on the display, both with the original Verizon firmware, as well as with the Alltel firmware that I flashed to enable phonebook transfer (one contact at a time, which is better than not being able to do it at all).
Bichon, how or what did you do to update the firmware? did you go to a local retailer to have this done? i have the same phone and would like to transfer the phone book over. the phone works great in the car. i also have a pocket PC for work and think that the service from sprint isnt as good in the chicagoland area as verizon is for me.

thank you!
Old 07-02-07, 12:56 PM
dan206
Pole Position

Bluetooth works but you need to move the phonebook into the car there is a certain process you are missing I first did that too and it disconnected me. There is a thread in here about moving over phone books I followed those steps and it worked fine. but until you transfer that over you won't have caller id working.

D>
Old 07-02-07, 12:56 PM
ano0oj
Pole Position

yah...all sony ericsson work without flaw with lexus...easy contact transfers...dont have to send it one by one like motorolas, just send them all at once! right when i turn on my car...my phone connects with my car...and surprisingly...the battery life is pretty long for a phone thats working with bluetooth 2-3 hours a day
Old 07-02-07, 01:11 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

I have the blackberrt 8839 (verizon) works great. Shows signal Strength and Batter, Caller ID...only if the names are in my address book.
Old 07-02-07, 01:20 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 268 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Bichon, how or what did you do to update the firmware? did you go to a local retailer to have this done? i have the same phone and would like to transfer the phone book over. the phone works great in the car. i also have a pocket PC for work and think that the service from sprint isnt as good in the chicagoland area as verizon is for me.

thank you!
Flashing another carrier's firmware onto a Verizon phone is one of those things you do at your own risk, since it immediately voids your warranty on the phone.

You need to have good computer skills, and be able to follow instructions carefully, lest you turn your phone into an expensive paperweight.

I used a wiki I found on the "HowardForums" website, titled "Motorola V3c Tutorial: Flashing to Alltel User Interface". It was a long, complicated procedure, but it worked out well for me.
Old 07-02-07, 01:30 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

I used to have a Blackberry 8700c with Cingular and it drove me crazy. It would connect easily but I could not answer calls via the steering wheel. There would be times where I would answer the call on the handset, be talking for 2-5 minutes and all of the sudden it would transfer the call to my car (and vice versa). I finally got to the point where I stopped using the Bluetooth function all together.

I got an iPhone over the weekend and so far (knock on wood) it works 100 times better than my blackberry did. It's a little slower to connect but it hasn't dropped calls and I can actually answer a call via bluetooth when it rings. The caller ID works better as well!

Last edited by Buds; 07-02-07 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-02-07, 06:00 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

anybody has the sidekick 3? that uses this? how well does that work?
Old 07-02-07, 07:12 PM
jzalkin
Rookie

T-mobile Wing works well (WM6). Does not transfer contacts, but indicators show up.
Old 07-02-07, 07:16 PM
SoddingGit
Rookie

Nokia 9300/Cingular-att works fine so far. I need to figure out how to get my email through the car now...
Old 07-02-07, 08:34 PM
Lexus88
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattssi
I have a vzw 8700 LG too. Thing works flawlessly. Connects and disconnects automatically and always sounds good.
caller id works too??? i can't figure out why mine connects sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.... very annoying...

Originally Posted by Bichon
That's not true. Verizon doesn't cripple the transmission of caller ID. (Though they usually kill the "object push profile" that Lexus uses to transfer the phonebook.)

With regard to caller ID, remember two things:
1. Lexus blanks out the caller ID number when the vehicle is in motion. So if you want to test whether caller ID is being passed, make sure the vehicle isn't moving when you check.
2. Lexus does show caller ID name when the vehicle is in motion, but only if the name is in car's phonebook, and only if the number is an EXACT match, including details like the presence or absence of the leading "1" before the number.
it won't show caller id even when i'm parked... also, i do have the number stored in my phonebook...
Old 07-02-07, 10:58 PM
fdelement
Driver

my vx8700 caller ID doesn't work either. I'm pretty sure LGE or VZW needs to release some sort of software upgrade in order to get it workin
Old 07-03-07, 04:17 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus88
Right now i have a LG vx8700 from verizon... i love the phone but i think i'll need to switch it with something else because the bluetooth works like crap w/ my car.... it doesn't show caller id on my car when people call in... what pisses me off even more is that the bluetooth will only connect with my car when it wants to... half the time it won't... So i'm just wondering if anyone has a phone that works good with the bluetooth in the IS... the info on the lexus.com website is BS and isn't all true... so i just need to find out what phone works the best w/ the BT in our car... if anyone has one that works well please mention the phone in this thread... i'll really appreciate it... thanks!
I have a RAZR V3m w/ Verizon--works great. shows signal strength and battery life on screen.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a bluetooth phone that works good w/ their car???