IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone have a bluetooth phone that works good w/ their car???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 06:54 AM
bimbels
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a RAZR and it would NEVER pair unless I did it manually each time. My husband's RAZR gave us no problems, tho, so I'm guessing my phone just had problems.

We both have iPhones now and neither have had any problems. Both pair, show caller ID, can answer via car controls, etc.
Old 03-10-08, 09:11 PM
VTLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus88
so i finally went and swapped my vx8700 for the cheaper and less attractive looking vx8600... it just got to the point where the bluetooth got worse and worse and became pretty much unusable... the longer i used it, the more it wouldn't connect... came to the point where it would disconnect from my car a few seconds into my calls... not only that but when that happens, the phone still thinks its connected so i'm not able to hear anything from my phone or the car.... got so annoying i had to unpair it.... i had second thoughts about exchanging the phone because i liked it so much but now i'm glad i did... the vx8600 works flawlessly with my IS... not only that but it shows caller id information too!!!! phone doesn't look as nice and neither does the user interface, but i actually found it a little more user friendly than the vx8700... sound quality seems to be a bit better too...
I just got my IS a couple months ago, and I have had the EXACT same problems you describe with the exact same phone. I too have the Verizon LG VX8700, and the first week or two I had the car, the hands free worked fine. Then over the next couple weeks the phone would connect sometimes and at other times it would not. Now it is to the point where it just won't connect, and if it does magically connect somehow, it will drop the calls after a minute or so.

Anyone else out there perhaps find a fix to this, aside from getting a new phone? I just updated the software on the phone with the over the air service, but the versions look like they are still the same.
Old 03-10-08, 09:14 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know why my CALLER ID is random at times? Sometimes it will show the person's number, then sometimes it'll show the name and sometimes just INCOMING CALL. And this is all the same caller..what the heck is that. The damn bluetooth is moody.
Old 03-10-08, 09:18 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Anybody know why my CALLER ID is random at times? Sometimes it will show the person's number, then sometimes it'll show the name and sometimes just INCOMING CALL. And this is all the same caller..what the heck is that. The damn bluetooth is moody.
I notice that when I'm under 5MPH, then it shows the number. If not then it won't show the number. Just like what happens with the NAV locking you out.
Old 03-10-08, 09:46 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shoyuu
I notice that when I'm under 5MPH, then it shows the number. If not then it won't show the number. Just like what happens with the NAV locking you out.
That makes a whole lotta sense man..haha I guess I have to pay attention more to these little factors..thanks!
Old 03-10-08, 09:48 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, one more thing. If I do the nav hack thing to my 2008, it will still bypass it right? I remember seeing SOMEWHERE on this website that the 08's couldn't be bypassed so I thought I was SOL on this aspect..anyone?
Old 03-10-08, 10:51 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

The Treo 755P works VERY well with my car. I have an 07 IS 350
Old 03-10-08, 11:01 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like im the only one with an HTC Mogul by Sprint. It seems to work pretty good in my 08 IS. I cant, however, figure out how to transfer my phonebook
Old 03-11-08, 08:19 AM
Janizary
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

LG vx8700 here as well (Verizon). I've managed to get it to connect to the car twice, both within the first few days of ownership of the car. Since then it will not connect. It asks each time to input the passkey, then tries to connect, then asks if I want to connect again, at which point the screen in the car says 'connection failed'.

Its like its try to connect twice at each connection attempt.
Old 03-11-08, 08:44 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

I work for Verizon, and the LG VX8700 is known for problems with its bluetooth feature (pairing). Not only to cars, but other bluetooth devices as well. Its a nice phone though.
Old 03-11-08, 09:00 AM
HighImStan
Pole Position

T-Mobile dash works great with the car. Service provider not so great.
Old 03-11-08, 09:14 AM
Janizary
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ML86
I work for Verizon, and the LG VX8700 is known for problems with its bluetooth feature (pairing). Not only to cars, but other bluetooth devices as well. Its a nice phone though.
Lol. Thanks for the information. Bad news that it may be, it at least gives me an idea of why my phone doesn't want to pair with my car. rrrr.
Old 03-11-08, 09:23 AM
MiamiIS350
Driver

Anyone else having problems with trying to connect using a palm treo 755?
Old 03-11-08, 10:29 AM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

the treo 755 works like a charm for me. If you upgraded from 650 or 750 or anything else then I think you should just delete all the phones from the car and just set it up for your 755. hope that helps
Old 03-11-08, 12:16 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

i use an n73 (nokia) and it connects instantly.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a bluetooth phone that works good w/ their car???