IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS250 owner here with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-07, 07:29 AM
Abs777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS250 owner here with some questions

I just got it this weekend and I love it so far. I have a couple questions though.

1. First I am leasing it for 36 months for 523.00 month 0 down. I was wondering what you guys think about that deal. Stickered for a little under 41,000. AWD, Nav, and Luxury package.

2. We test drove the Acura TL before and was close to buying before we looked at the Lexus. Nice car and seemed to be a lot quicker and the NAV worked while moving which is nice. Does the Nav hack (Non Wire Cutting) for Lexus work for the new system?

3. Are there any features not widely known?

I have looked at FAQs and some info seems dated so I just wanted some clarification.

I love the tight ride of the IS and can't wait to break it in on some windy roads.

Thanks and Nice meeting all of you!

Abs
Old 07-02-07, 07:42 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Abs777
I just got it this weekend and I love it so far. I have a couple questions though.

1. First I am leasing it for 36 months for 523.00 month 0 down. I was wondering what you guys think about that deal. Stickered for a little under 41,000. AWD, Nav, and Luxury package.

2. We test drove the Acura TL before and was close to buying before we looked at the Lexus. Nice car and seemed to be a lot quicker and the NAV worked while moving which is nice. Does the Nav hack (Non Wire Cutting) for Lexus work for the new system?

3. Are there any features not widely known?

I have looked at FAQs and some info seems dated so I just wanted some clarification.

I love the tight ride of the IS and can't wait to break it in on some windy roads.

Thanks and Nice meeting all of you!

Abs
Welcome.....

1. Doesn't matter if it is a good deal or not now. It's a done deal. Don't look back, just enjoy the car.

2. The Acura, while a nice car, is no Lexus. Not sure about the Nav hack, others will chime in. I believe you have to have the old disc and the newer disc, and then do a combination burn for certain files in order to keep that functionality as an option. I just plan in advance and do the input well before I arrive while stopped. I've never tried the verbal option.

3. Haven't found any features that aren't generally known already. I find the Nav a great help. My wife and I are visiting Santa Fe, NM right now and are staying in Old Santa Fe. Anyone who knows this town knows it has narrow cramped streets that run higgly piggly. We set the Nav a few hours before we arrived to our hotel location and it gave us turn by turn directions in a complicated situation and it led us right to the front door of the La Posada Resort. Never had to break out a local map to get here. Normally my wife and I would be arguing as I drove and she would navigate, usually making lots of wrong turns along the way. For those who don't think they need a Nav, think again.
Old 07-02-07, 12:44 PM
Abs777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also...

Where is the best place to buy Rims and Tires?
Old 07-02-07, 12:55 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Abs777
Also...

Where is the best place to buy Rims and Tires?
Decide on what you want first, then go looking for a shop. Not all shops carry various rims.
Old 07-03-07, 03:08 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New IS

1) Congrats
2) Don't think it matters, but it's a decent deal.
3) The nav hack works on my '06, but I know it doesn't work on my wife's 07 GX...which is okay since you can use the voice commands for driving directions as well and it works pretty good...actually if you talk at a normal pace it does better than if you speak slowly and over-pronounce...especially with the house numbers...was pleasantly surprised that it does better if you talk normally.
4) Search the forums and you'll find a thread about the not widely known items
5) Rims and tires...depends on what you want but always check back here for group buys or vendor specials...the vendors here just as helpful as the rest of us here at CL.
Old 07-03-07, 05:21 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new car!!! I think the other guys already said all that I was going to say... Oh and welcome to CL!!!!