IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Missing items after service

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-07, 12:29 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 758 Likes on 528 Posts
Thumbs down Missing items after service

So I get Sirius installed on Saturday and Monday when I realize I need a quick phone charge I notice that my charger is missing. Now for most people there is a chance that it was just misplaced somewhere and it can probably be found eventually. But I'm OCD when it comes to my car and I know every single item that is currently in the car. I opened the box it (charger) came in in the car and its been there ever since. So something tells me it didn't just disappear

To make matters worse I left my watch in there buried under the charger since I only wear it when I'm at work and that is gone too. Yet for whatever reason they left my iPod and cables in there. I'm OCD @ home too so there is 100% chance it's not in there (I've checked everywhere. Even rooms that havent been used in months)

Also, whoever was in my car also left some gum on the seat so if anyone has some tips for removal I would appreciate it. And since I forgot to say "Don't wash my car" I have some nice water spots all over my windows (but that one is my fault)

I don't want to sound like a greedy bastard, but what else do you guys think I could get out of this (other than reimbursement for my stuff).

P.S. this all occured @ a Lexus dealership

Last edited by Allen K; 07-03-07 at 12:35 PM. Reason: damn spelling/grammar errors
Old 07-03-07, 12:33 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the gum... Get some ice on it in a baggy and try to freeze it. Once its cold, use duct tape to try and peel it off. I have heard that is a very good method.
Old 07-03-07, 12:44 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably won't get much..there's no concrete evidence like it was caught on video tape or anything..it's basically your word against there..sorry to say this, but let this be a lesson to every out there not to leave your valuables in your car when dropping to off to anyone...
Old 07-03-07, 12:45 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

where these items in a place they would have needed to move them to install the sirius? just asking as if this is the case i would call and give them the benefit and say they are missing from your car and have them see if the tech that worked on your car had left them on his/her tool box or work area. it may just be an honest mistake. if you are close i would stop up and talk to the service mgr and just ask nicely.

the gum i am not sure about but i hear that freezing it does help to remove it. good luck! i think someone may have posted where they where watching 2 kids and got it all over the back seat and was able to get it off using tape?

good luck and i hope you get your stuff back.
Old 07-03-07, 12:46 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Thing is it wasn't even that valuable. The only thing that irks me is the watch. Who the hell would steal a charger for a palm Treo? It's not that popular of a phone in the first place.
Old 07-03-07, 12:47 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Originally Posted by passnu2
where these items in a place they would have needed to move them to install the sirius? just asking as if this is the case i would call and give them the benefit and say they are missing from your car and have them see if the tech that worked on your car had left them on his/her tool box or work area. it may just be an honest mistake. if you are close i would stop up and talk to the service mgr and just ask nicely.

the gum i am not sure about but i hear that freezing it does help to remove it. good luck! i think someone may have posted where they where watching 2 kids and got it all over the back seat and was able to get it off using tape?

good luck and i hope you get your stuff back.
I've already put the claim in and my service rep is working on it. I feel bad for the guy because he "seemed" genuinely concerned. I'm not too sure how genuine you can be working at a dealership though
Old 07-03-07, 12:50 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nataSdroL
So I get Sirius installed on Saturday and Monday when I realize I need a quick phone charge I notice that my charger is missing. Now for most people there is a chance that it was just misplaced somewhere and it can probably be found eventually. But I'm OCD when it comes to my car and I know every single item that is currently in the car. I opened the box it (charger) came in in the car and its been there ever since. So something tells me it didn't just disappear

To make matters worse I left my watch in there buried under the charger since I only wear it when I'm at work and that is gone too. Yet for whatever reason they left my iPod and cables in there. I'm OCD @ home too so there is 100% chance it's not in there (I've checked everywhere. Even rooms that havent been used in months)

Also, whoever was in my car also left some gum on the seat so if anyone has some tips for removal I would appreciate it. And since I forgot to say "Don't wash my car" I have some nice water spots all over my windows (but that one is my fault)

I don't want to sound like a greedy bastard, but what else do you guys think I could get out of this (other than reimbursement for my stuff).

P.S. this all occured @ a Lexus dealership
I think a good question is........... What Dealership was this?!?!?!

Remind me to never go there, or at least stirp my car first!
Old 07-03-07, 12:55 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

for the gum..you can always try the peanut butter!
Old 07-03-07, 12:57 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

I'm going to give the dealer a chance to rectify the situation before I release their name. Like passnu2 said, it might have been just a mistake.
Old 07-03-07, 01:04 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Err... i dont know about anyone else but whenever I take my car to a shop I ALWAYS take everything out cept the registration/insurance card...

IMO only a fool would keep items in their car when they 'take it in'. Well... i hope you learned your lesson and be thankful you didn't 'lose' the ipod either.

Im not trying to sound cruel or saying that you are a fool, just that ppl need to think that even at a stealership not everyone is trustworthy. Go buy a new watch and fone charger cuz its not worth the added stress/hassle.
Old 07-03-07, 01:10 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

ipod stays in the car because I upgraded and honestly dont care if it get stolen. The battery life is about 20 min on a full charge anyhow. Meh I just expected too much from a dealer & their techs
Old 07-03-07, 01:39 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

1. ice for gum

2. go back to the dealer and talk to the GM about the incident (including the gum issue)
Old 07-03-07, 01:48 PM
07Txlex
Pole Position

I had 2 cd's "lost" out of my changer at lexus one time.. Went and bought new ones and they reimbursed me the price. I ended up with a notation attached to my name in the computer about checking the cd's or something lol Anyways yes it's possible to get your money back and I damn sure would
Old 07-03-07, 02:13 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Err... i dont know about anyone else but whenever I take my car to a shop I ALWAYS take everything out cept the registration/insurance card...

IMO only a fool would keep items in their car when they 'take it in'. Well... i hope you learned your lesson and be thankful you didn't 'lose' the ipod either.

Im not trying to sound cruel or saying that you are a fool, just that ppl need to think that even at a stealership not everyone is trustworthy. Go buy a new watch and fone charger cuz its not worth the added stress/hassle.
Yea, Im the same! I never leave anything in the car when I take it to be serviced.
Old 07-03-07, 03:18 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz

i concur.

Quick Reply: Missing items after service