IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

first ticket in my is

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-07, 10:00 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
How expensive is a traffic ticket lawyer?? Is it less than the ticket ($~200?). In my experience any time you touch a lawyer it costs you more money.
To some it might be worth it to avoid the points
Old 07-04-07, 10:11 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
1 point on your DMV record........ oh the agony.
if you goto to traffic school, pay your fine it is not even on your record.
and remember By signing your ticket, you are not admitting guilt; you are simply agreeing to appear in court. The appearance date is noted on the front of the ticket. If you just want to get it over, and not waste a butt load of time pay the bail amount on the notice when you get it from the court. If you want to dispute it go to court, thier is NO guarantee that a judge will knock the bail amount down, they used to do this but its such a revenue generator for the county which you got a ticket in, also it depends on your attitude, his mood and if the cop shows up. Now it is mandatory for a police officer to show up in court, if he does not he can get in trouble.....

roll the dice or pay your fine.

check out this site if you want tangible information direct from the DMV.

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/point-system.php

remember every state is different, so those outside of Cali, this will not do you any good.
Old 07-04-07, 10:12 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speeding is bad M'kay.
Old 07-04-07, 10:31 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nataSdroL
Most jurisdictions waive the points if you take the traffic school, at least that is the way it is in Texas. You can do it no more than once per year. That's why, imo, it just makes more sense to pay the fees and take the school. I don't have the time to actually go to court and waste my time. Others have different opinions.
Old 07-04-07, 10:40 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 268 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by nataSdroL
Especially if the offender already has several offenses and faces possible suspension of their driving privileges.

Also, one has to consider whether an additional speeding conviction will have an effect on insurance costs. Some companies will apply an annual surcharge for three years, others will not offer a renewal to drivers who accumulate too many tickets.
Old 07-04-07, 12:29 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anitabj
yo...on the way to sandiego and got pulled over was goign 80 in a 65 on the highway....cops suck....anything i can do to get out of it????they put my car as an is 350 instead of a 250.....im still bitter but it...

I bet you were going more than 80, and you can't just "get out of it". What are you bitter about? We all speed at times, and sometimes we get caught. It's just your turn. Police, especially in CA, have a tough job.

Suggest you lose the attitude, learn something from the experience, take some of the good advise being offered, slow down, and thank your lucky stars for cops who put their lives on the line everyday for little pay and no thanks.
Old 07-04-07, 12:36 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch, sorry man... I know its hard to resist going fast, but you gotta remember it costs a lot if you get caught!
Old 07-05-07, 02:38 PM
anitabj
Driver

alright..i just got home from sd and noticed on the ticket that they put my body model as a lex G350 im trying to decide if i should go in and fight it or not.....and if i cant get out of that, im going to try to talk the judge into lowering my fine stating that im a poor college student.....any suggestions????

..he pulled me over at 2 in the morning..totally sober....only reason why im not a big fan of cops are cause ive had bad experiences with them a while back ago when i got pulled over on my bike....as in bicycle..cop asked me if i had a high school diploma.....and harassed me bout other bs.....and when he asked me if he could search me....so i replied NO, CAN I SEARCH YOU!!!

i understand that i was speeding, but i cant understand all the attitude cops give .....just cause im not a hot girl, doesn't mean i have feelings too...haha

oh well.....at least i get to take traffic school online
Old 07-05-07, 03:25 PM
nabisco
Lead Lap

They will not give you an option to talk to the judge. Either you plead guilty and they reduce the ticket price or you plead not guilty and they give you a new court date to fight it.
Old 07-05-07, 03:36 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i don't think you will get very far w/ technicalities. i have gone to traffic court before (more than 10 years ago) and the judges have heard everything in the book from A-Z so they aren't really interested in anything other than :

"were you going faster than the posted speed limit of 65mph?" then you say "yes, but.........." and before you can finish whatever story you plan to tell, he says "well you're guilty of speeding then" end of story.

sorry, that's how it worked for me. i am just glad you can go to traffic school in CA online. it's so easy and DMV/insurance never know about it. then you count 18 months from the day of your last violation to drive as safe and within the law as possible, b/c any more violations are going to count against you!
Old 07-05-07, 03:41 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by anitabj
alright..i just got home from sd and noticed on the ticket that they put my body model as a lex G350 im trying to decide if i should go in and fight it or not.....and if i cant get out of that, im going to try to talk the judge into lowering my fine stating that im a poor college student.....any suggestions????
I'm not a lawyer but I don't think you have any basis to get the ticket reduced because they put G350 on your ticket instead of the actual model number. If you were driving and they got your DL number and the correct license plate number that is what will count.

A ticket is not a "Let's Make a Deal" situation. There are guidelines for them to reduce it, but don't expect to go in there and talk them down because you are a poor college student or other BS argument. They have heard them all. What is your basis for fighting it?? Have a basis for challenging it. If you go in cold you will get nailed.
Old 07-05-07, 03:47 PM
GB Packfan
Driver

http://www.ticketassassin.com/fight.html
Old 07-05-07, 03:59 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Get a traffic ticket lawyer and your done.
and cost your $1000+....ha!
Old 07-05-07, 06:50 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
How expensive is a traffic ticket lawyer?? Is it less than the ticket ($~200?). In my experience any time you touch a lawyer it costs you more money.
its like 100 bucks.. then you wait and if your found guilty you just pay the ticket and may or may not get points on your license depending if you found a good traffic lawyer and if you win you just pay the court fee and no traffic school no points.. something like that.. it all varies upon how good the lawyer is and your driving record
Old 07-05-07, 07:18 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
if the cop put 350 instead of 250 then you might have a case..
Maybe ... but they always write the license plate and DL on the ticket. It's a typo and the judge will almost always take the cop's side. And besides the cop is ticketing the driver and not the car.

Quick Reply: first ticket in my is