IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

first ticket in my is

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-07, 08:50 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anitabj
alright..i just got home from sd and noticed on the ticket that they put my body model as a lex G350 im trying to decide if i should go in and fight it or not.....and if i cant get out of that, im going to try to talk the judge into lowering my fine stating that im a poor college student.....any suggestions????

..he pulled me over at 2 in the morning..totally sober....only reason why im not a big fan of cops are cause ive had bad experiences with them a while back ago when i got pulled over on my bike....as in bicycle..cop asked me if i had a high school diploma.....and harassed me bout other bs.....and when he asked me if he could search me....so i replied NO, CAN I SEARCH YOU!!!

i understand that i was speeding, but i cant understand all the attitude cops give .....just cause im not a hot girl, doesn't mean i have feelings too...haha

oh well.....at least i get to take traffic school online
ok, yeah i could understand your attitude about cops....... the bike story is not all that uncommon though. Where i live they are pulling kids over asking them where thier helmet is, if they do not have one they issue a 25.00 citation for not having a helmet. However the law is the law, any minor in the state of california must be wearing a helmet.
but i pulled a guy over on a bike, took him to jail for being intoxicated and having 2 grams of marijuana, so guess what they can pull you over and take you to jail, they can question you and they can even search you. I am assuming you are young and do not know your rights, but you may want to educate yourself before bad mouthing police officers, yeah some are aholes and some are down right criminal, but gues who the first person you are going to call when your IS gets jacked, you get shot, and your laying on the side walk crying.......

your attitude shows your innexeperince in life, and on the road. driving is not a right it is a privledge........

but as stated before, mis information on the ticket is not all that uncommon and is not grounds for dismissal or reduction of fine As long as the vin number and your license plate number is correct you are that person who that ticket was issued too, you also signed it...... so good luck on that one.. they are ticketing the driver (you) not your car, they could write purple and green hyundai IS350 and guess what, you still get the ticket .

pay the bail amount, or go into court and plead no contest and possibly the bail amount will be lowered those are your two options......

Usually tickets are not dismissed unless thier was question to the legality of the officers method of issuance, such as radar discrepency or speed trap, or you made california roll stop on a red and he said you did not stop at all etc. etc. but speeding is usually not something you can contest unless thier is obvious reasons to contest it, you not wanting to pay it or accept responsiblity are not valid reasons.....

Last edited by kilo6_one; 07-05-07 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-06-07, 07:41 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well said, kilo6_one.
Old 07-06-07, 08:35 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don’t understand why an incorrect model number on the ticket is a valid defense. What are you suggesting? That it wasn’t you that got pulled over? That the driver’s license information is also wrong and you were home in bed at the time? That’s not your signature on the ticket? That it’s just a coincidence that the cop got your registration and insurance information correct?

If you’re arguing that because he got the model number wrong he also got the speed wrong, then you’re wasting your time. I can’t imagine any judge buying that one.
Old 07-06-07, 09:17 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

RIP.....

Master Trooper David Rich, 41, stopped along a highway in Wabash, Ind., Thursday to help a motorist he thought was stranded. The motorist, Joseph M. Vultaggio Jr., 20, shot and killed Rich, then reloaded the gun and turned it on himself, officials said.

Old 07-06-07, 09:57 AM
ckaught78
Rookie

Do a trial by written declaration. Pleade not guilty and state the the improper information written on the ticket and include a copy of the ticket and a copy of your registration showing the correct vehicle model. Can't hirt to fight it, worse case scenario is that you end up paying the ticket like you would have anyway. By doing a trial by written declaration you avoid having to go to court. And if you haven't been to traffic school in the last 18 months you are eligable to go and have the point waived. A lot of counties in CA even let you do traffic school online.
Old 07-06-07, 10:01 AM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
if the cop put 350 instead of 250 then you might have a case..
Not really. I'm sure the license plate number and driver's license number are both on the ticket.
Old 07-06-07, 10:08 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

god bless those who serve overseas and domestically.
These guys put themselves on the line every day so people like you me and everyone else who pays taxes dont have to look over thier shoulder, its a petty ticket for a petty offense, and yes it is aggrevating, i have gotten my share of tickets even when i was working in law enforcement. You break the law, no matter how silly you think it is you must pay the piper. And FYI cops dont make the laws, your state federal and local governments do, if you dont like the laws write your representitive. Cops are doing thier sworn job, they are tasked with situations that you would never want to dream of in your worst nightmare and for people to **** and moan about a traffic ticket he or she got which is based on his poor judgement well that is not the police officers problem.
I have had many freinds killed in the line of duty and i take personal offense to people who think that all cops are the same. Traffic enforcement is for peoples saftey, and yes thier are revenue to be made but its not a personal bonus system, alot of that money goes back to the county for inferstructure so when your driving the roads you drive on are pave correctly, the lights work and that the city has revenue to clean the streets of debris.
If you want to know what its really like for a fraction of a second, contact your local law enforecment agency and sign up for a ride along, maybe you will see thier point of view and how it is to deal with soceity who thinks that they are always right and that they can make up there own set of rules.

be a man, quit *****ing, crying and whining and pay your ticket
Old 07-06-07, 10:08 AM
anitabj
Driver

Originally Posted by ckaught78
Do a trial by written declaration. Pleade not guilty and state the the improper information written on the ticket and include a copy of the ticket and a copy of your registration showing the correct vehicle model. Can't hirt to fight it, worse case scenario is that you end up paying the ticket like you would have anyway. By doing a trial by written declaration you avoid having to go to court. And if you haven't been to traffic school in the last 18 months you are eligable to go and have the point waived. A lot of counties in CA even let you do traffic school online.
thanx for the info...i am probably end up taking your advice...i was just worried, that by taking it to court, i waive my right to do traffic school.....this is my first ticket on the highway and hadn't had a moving violation since 2001.....
Old 07-06-07, 10:30 AM
anitabj
Driver

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
god bless those who serve overseas and domestically.
These guys put themselves on the line every day so people like you me and everyone else who pays taxes dont have to look over thier shoulder, its a petty ticket for a petty offense, and yes it is aggrevating, i have gotten my share of tickets even when i was working in law enforcement. You break the law, no matter how silly you think it is you must pay the piper. And FYI cops dont make the laws, your state federal and local governments do, if you dont like the laws write your representitive. Cops are doing thier sworn job, they are tasked with situations that you would never want to dream of in your worst nightmare and for people to **** and moan about a traffic ticket he or she got which is based on his poor judgement well that is not the police officers problem.
I have had many freinds killed in the line of duty and i take personal offense to people who think that all cops are the same. Traffic enforcement is for peoples saftey, and yes thier are revenue to be made but its not a personal bonus system, alot of that money goes back to the county for inferstructure so when your driving the roads you drive on are pave correctly, the lights work and that the city has revenue to clean the streets of debris.
If you want to know what its really like for a fraction of a second, contact your local law enforecment agency and sign up for a ride along, maybe you will see thier point of view and how it is to deal with soceity who thinks that they are always right and that they can make up there own set of rules.

be a man, quit *****ing, crying and whining and pay your ticket
im not trying to fight with anyone, but im sorry people who decide to get go into law enforcement and into the military get paid for doing their job.....they signed up and knew what they were getting into.....your right, i got caught..but the way the officer handled wasn't cool....im not mad at the ticket, im upset at the attitude, most cops have when given it........
Old 07-06-07, 12:05 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

alright..i just got home from sd and noticed on the ticket that they put my body model as a lex G350 im trying to decide if i should go in and fight it or not.....and if i cant get out of that, im going to try to talk the judge into lowering my fine stating that im a poor college student.....any suggestions????

no go for both:

1. as what the previous poster says: the info they care is YOUR DRIVER's license and plate #....the rest of the info in the ticket is FYI......they CAUGHT YOU speeding, that's what it matters.

2. do u REALLY think the judge's gonna buy your "poor college student" excuse? dude, you drive a LEX.......you might get by if you drive a "not so expensive" car......

I would say just pay the fine and go to traffic school and dont get any tickets in the next 18 months.....

good luck and keep us posted.....
Old 07-06-07, 12:07 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ckaught78
if you do this, you CANNOT go to traffic school cos you already attached the fine with the written declaration
Old 07-06-07, 12:31 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

....im not mad at the ticket, im upset at the attitude, most cops have when given it........
I suspect you're giving more attitude than you're getting in return. It's one of those gifts that just keeps giving.

I've probably gotten a lot more traffic citations than you, and I've NEVER received "attitude" from a police officer.

You would profit from a stint in the USMC.
Old 07-06-07, 01:21 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

LOL,
yeah, i have recived over 8 tickets in my life and never once have i run into a cop that has attitude and most were for speeding.
Most of the time they are curtious and let me slide, my last ticket was 115 in a 65 so that puts it up in the felony range, the officer could have towed my car and taken me to jail, but he was professional, nice and we chatted a n bit, and he even knew who i was, but i still got a ticket

Being ex lawenforecment aside, i never tell the officer that, in fact im not a badge waver. if i break the law i accept the consequences and place blame where it belongs. anyway He wrote it for 85 in a 65 i paid the fine and moved on. Im well aware of what i am doing and i accept the reprecussions. Im not saying your a bad person, everyone speeds. But honestly, if you are speeding and you get caught why act the fool? just take the ticket and go to court....... or pay it. I have never understood why people want to hold road side court.

I like the idea of mandatory military service, it gives people a base in life for what is right and what is wrong what actually matters in life.
Old 07-06-07, 06:47 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

I like the idea of mandatory military service, it gives people a base in life for what is right and what is wrong what actually matters in life.
^^My kind of person. Accountabilty and responsibility.
Old 07-06-07, 10:51 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

LOL,
yeah, i have recived over 8 tickets in my life and never once have i run into a cop that has attitude and most were for speeding.
Most of the time they are curtious and let me slide, my last ticket was 115 in a 65 so that puts it up in the felony range, the officer could have towed my car and taken me to jail, but he was professional, nice and we chatted a n bit, and he even knew who i was, but i still got a ticket

Being ex lawenforecment aside, i never tell the officer that, in fact im not a badge waver. if i break the law i accept the consequences and place blame where it belongs. anyway He wrote it for 85 in a 65 i paid the fine and moved on. Im well aware of what i am doing and i accept the reprecussions. Im not saying your a bad person, everyone speeds. But honestly, if you are speeding and you get caught why act the fool? just take the ticket and go to court....... or pay it. I have never understood why people want to hold road side court.

hehe, i got you beat. probably had 8 warnings and more tickets than that in my life. but i understand, i used to try to hold roadside court when i was younger myself. later you realize it doesn't work. just ask for the warning...then move on. been to the courtroom half-dozen times, talking to a judge doesn't really help. now diversion or traffic school, that works. even better, this state (ks) has a double-your-fine-dismiss-your-ticket city/state-sponsored racket, i mean "program" which i'm more than happy to pay (avg around $250 after doubling).

you are right, the military will show you the [right] way....for the rest of your life (did it myself).

Quick Reply: first ticket in my is