IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need Help, Weird Sound When Starting The Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-07, 11:34 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help, Weird Sound When Starting The Car

this happen to me about two weeks ago, i saw the plastic cover on my battery came off (the positive side), so i put it back on, so once i put it back on, i try to start my car, it would start than turn off, then turn back on like a few minutes later, and than i try to start it again, than it wouldnt start, than i try to make the plastic cover on a little more on the batteries plus side, it wouldnt start at all, so i let it go for a few minutes and try to start my car again, but now the clock has reset, and all my windows has reset, its like the battery prongs wasnt connected properly, this continue for about two weeks, but it wouldnt turn off, it would make like a clicking sound when i push start, and it would start just not as clean at before i put the plastic cover back, so today i went to lexus newport, i told them about the problem, they look at it and told me that sorry we couldnt duplicate the situation on the car, so just let us know when it happens again, i mean what kind of **** answer is that?? does anyone know whats wrong? do you guys think that the battery wasnt connected properly, because lexus told me they check and that the battery were in there nice and tight, but atleast the problem stop, so let see if tomorrow it will occur again
Old 07-06-07, 03:57 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is wack, lol i never had any problems with it...might have them disconnect the batter and have everything reset...might solve the problem :P
Old 07-06-07, 07:57 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa... Take it to the dealer man! If it wont start call them and have them two it there for free!
Old 07-06-07, 08:41 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Whoa... Take it to the dealer man! If it wont start call them and have them two it there for free!

so today i went to lexus newport, i told them about the problem, they look at it and told me that sorry we couldnt duplicate the situation on the car, so just let us know when it happens again

Is there a color indicator on the battery? It should be either green, red or black. If its green, I wouldnt worry about it for now
Old 07-06-07, 08:47 AM
mir
Driver

Sounds like the battery is not fully connected. Not sure how can that happen unless you disconnected the battery connectors. Try to wiggle the connectors and see if they are loose or something.

If it keeps on happening, call the service department. Good luck.
Old 07-06-07, 10:05 AM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Loose battery cables maybe? Be sure everything is tight, or take it to the dealer if you're not sure.
Old 07-06-07, 10:17 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

i did take it to the dealer, they said everything looks good but they cannot duplicate the sound or the situation that i hear or get, so they said just they if it occur again give them a call and they will look at it, this morning everything fine, but when i got out from work, my car wouldnt start after the first push of the button, so i left it for about 30 second then try agian, push the brakes and push the start button, it starts, the clock was reset, but the windows did not get reset, but sometimes the window also get reset, what you guys think it could be, before this happen i only replace the parking lights, so it couldnt be that, maybe just a loose connection, im gonna go on monday and demand them to look at it again.
Old 07-06-07, 10:19 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mir
Sounds like the battery is not fully connected. Not sure how can that happen unless you disconnected the battery connectors. Try to wiggle the connectors and see if they are loose or something.

If it keeps on happening, call the service department. Good luck.
if the batteries is disconnected, howcome after pushing the start button the second time starts the car? because that what i thought too, but the dealer said everything is perfectt no loos connection, ill go to newport this monday and have them take a look again because my clock get reset everything i start my car.
Old 07-06-07, 10:23 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like your grounding out somewhere, the techs dont wanna take the time to track it down either...
Old 07-06-07, 11:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Actually it sounds like a shorted cell in the battery. If the battery is good and you ground it on the positive side, there will be some fireworks!

Have them load test your battery and be sure it doesn't have a bad cell. It is a common battery issue.
Old 07-07-07, 01:42 AM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

well actually i got it fixed today hopefully, my positive side of the battery was loose so the master tighten it up so now hopefully its good..