Print Wikipost

DIY aftermarket amp power wire install step by step with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-19, 08:50 PM
Terv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silec
link works for me. Thx for the info, finished my install earlier today.

edit: the wires for the front right speaker is on the last harness from the front of the car ( non ML btw). White (+) and Red (-). Hope this helps.
Does anyone know which connector is for the left front speakers
Old 07-15-19, 08:55 PM
Terv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pnuge88
I didnt have to splice anything. I used t taps for all the wiring. Only wire you actually have to run is the power wire. All the other wires can be t tapped from the amp in the back including your remote wire. Hope this is helpful information for the non ml owners who want to install a sub
Which connectors should I be looking for.. I know the last connection is for the right front speaker but which one is for the left side
Old 08-31-19, 11:32 PM
Jdmmoi
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 2genIS
tap like this:

brown + and green - -- one set
pink + and sky blue - -- one set

hopefully this answer your question
Is there a diagram for the ml system I tapped into my stock rear sub but for some reason my converter is heating up and literally smokes starts coming out of it can someone post a diy diagram for the ml system please
Old 01-27-21, 06:58 PM
WylerLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slammer that makes a ton of sense! ive seen guys even mount them there but had to cut as i imagine the stock sub is reasonable for its size anyways.
Old 04-08-21, 08:38 AM
Luxifer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigWiLL345
Im looking for a remote. below is a pic from the amp in my car which is a 06 250 non nav non ML, none of the pics ive seen look like mine. I used a voltmeter and couldnt find a remote i could use.
Attachment 431113

could u post a picture of how you wired it up to your speakers? My amp is wired up the same and I can’t find anything showing which wires are for what. I’m trying to wiring up my aftermarket jbl amp for my speakers and second aftermarket jbl amp for my clarion sub
Old 04-08-21, 09:14 AM
Luxifer
Driver School Candidate

Default Help please!! Aftermarket amp install

Originally Posted by linus73
the lc2i can turn on two ways! first you have to make sure to set the jumper, then you can either give it ignition or use the gto (great turn on) the gto senses when the music is on and then sends out the 12v remote power. i use the lc2i in my IS and i have both the rear door speaker wires going into it for a signal. the lc2i has a main output and and a sub out. i use the main output for a seperate 4ch amp to power some 6.5 4way pioneers, i also still have the factory amp playing the tweets and 3" mids, so 2 amps for mids/highs and 1 amp for bass, for a total of 3 amps in the car. and the sub out for my mmats 3000.5 amp for bass. the lc2i is awsome because it has acubass, doubles as a line driver too! i have the output from the lc2i set to 4v preouts, it will go to 9v if needed, this way you dont need the amp gains set high to get it loud and it keeps any unwanted noise from entering the system. the lc2i can be a bit tricky adjusting if you are a beginner, but it was not the case for me , as i have been installing car audio and alarms since 1993.

I’m useless with electrical!! Please help me

could u post a picture of how you would wire up my speakers? My amp wiring harnesses are not like all the others I’ve found. I’m trying to wiring up my aftermarket jbl amp for my speakers and second aftermarket jbl amp for my clarion sub

Old 05-08-21, 03:16 PM
Angelo512
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VTLexus
i plan on doing my install this weekend....why would the stock sub woofer have two sets of wires? it is a one channel speaker...and does it matter which ones u tap?
I have the non Ml system and cant find the Brown wire just two black also my Lexus ls460 is a 2011 if that matters