IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 11:23 AM
IS07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius

It's been a while since I have been on this site. Quick question does anyone make a Sirius module for the stock NAV/CD unit yet?

Thanks!
Old 07-07-07, 12:00 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, you can get it at lexus-parts.com and I believe its around 270 shipped including our CL 10% off.
Old 07-07-07, 05:38 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Yep, you can get it at lexus-parts.com and I believe its around 270 shipped including our CL 10% off.
Nope. Lexus-parts has stopped selling them. I got one of the very last ones for the Nav/Ml system

Since Lexus has gone exclusive with XM, the sirius manufacture(s) have stopped making the sirius units for the older model cars.
Old 07-07-07, 10:24 PM
Fire Chief
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by golfproatl
Nope. Lexus-parts has stopped selling them. I got one of the very last ones for the Nav/Ml system

Since Lexus has gone exclusive with XM, the sirius manufacture(s) have stopped making the sirius units for the older model cars.
NOT TRUE! I am a Longo customer with an 2006 IS350, ML with Nav and just in June finally received the factory Sirius box. Full touch screen control with the ML system, small antenna mount inside the windshield on the passenger side of the rear view mirror. At least Longo and the Penske dealerships are making good on the Sirius promise. Audiovox was tasked with building the box and had trouble with Lexus/toyota data systems.

I am in Nor Cal and Lexus Stevenson Creek did the install and did a great job. We are happy with the performance of the unit and integration with ML. The way the box plugs into the HU, I also was able to keep my VaisTech iPod adapter box, so we have HU touch screen control of the iPod, plus Sirius, its sweet
Old 07-08-07, 04:09 AM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fire Chief
NOT TRUE! I am a Longo customer with an 2006 IS350, ML with Nav and just in June finally received the factory Sirius box. Full touch screen control with the ML system, small antenna mount inside the windshield on the passenger side of the rear view mirror. At least Longo and the Penske dealerships are making good on the Sirius promise. Audiovox was tasked with building the box and had trouble with Lexus/toyota data systems.

I am in Nor Cal and Lexus Stevenson Creek did the install and did a great job. We are happy with the performance of the unit and integration with ML. The way the box plugs into the HU, I also was able to keep my VaisTech iPod adapter box, so we have HU touch screen control of the iPod, plus Sirius, its sweet
Great! But you did not READ my post. I did not say that you could not get Sirius radio in the IS. I said that Lexus-parts.COM does not sell the factory Lexus units anymore. I assure you that my statement is in fact TRUE!

Last edited by golfproatl; 07-08-07 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-08-07, 10:27 AM
nrsk4u
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fire Chief

any pics of the antenna....SIR..???

Last edited by nrsk4u; 07-08-07 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-08-07, 10:52 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

man i really wanted a sirius unit . . . can they be found on ebay?

yeah lets see some pics!!!
Old 07-08-07, 11:08 AM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whew, good thing i got it beforehand