IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Finding cheapest price on Lexus OEM Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-07, 10:00 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finding cheapest price on Lexus OEM Performance Exhaust

Since I can't initiate any topic on Group Buys (did you guys know that I got an infraction for that on here?!), I'll just have to generally state it as this:

what company sells the Lexus OEM HKS exhaust at the "cheapest" price?

If I get pounded for this, then that just violates freedom of speech. Will any vendor out there give us special deals at less than cost?
Old 07-10-07, 10:10 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

the cheapest place is sewell lexus. I cant believe you just miss their summer promotion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=288197
anyways the special price was 1048dls
the regular price at the website is $1,279.00
but remember that, if you use the code CL911M from clublexus tou will get 10%off so that will bring the price to $1,151.10 so thats about 100 more than the special promotion price.
Old 07-10-07, 10:18 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Oh great....didn't know about that. I still say the price is steep. I was hoping to buy a new laptop, lol because this one is going on the fritz.

Do you think it's a worthy buy regardless of the promotion?
Old 07-10-07, 10:58 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Oh great....didn't know about that. I still say the price is steep. I was hoping to buy a new laptop, lol because this one is going on the fritz.

Do you think it's a worthy buy regardless of the promotion?
yeah is still expensive, but remember that the msrp of the exhaust is 1500dls. also why dont you send a PM to darrel (the guy at swell lexus) a lot of members
in the past have said that even tough they missed the promotion (this has to be within a cuple days of the end of the promotion) darrel will honor the special promotion price.
Old 07-10-07, 11:01 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

I don't see his personal email on there, just a general contact link. WIll all email be directed to him automatically on that Sewell site?
Old 07-11-07, 10:15 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still prefer the OEM OPTIONAL exhaust like the TRD exhaust on my Highlander, it provides the aggressive look and the noise level is well tuned. I did not like my HKS Hi-Power too much due to its noise level at the wrong RMP range... I wish you good luck getting a good price for the OEM HKS exhaust.

There are rules in this forum and the CL officers enforce these rules, sometimes not always objectively. I hear you and agree with your point but I’ve learned so far is to avoid the conflicts so the emotion side will never taking control again.

Since I can't initiate any topic on Group Buys (did you guys know that I got an infraction for that on here?!), I'll just have to generally state it as this:

If I get pounded for this, then that just violates freedom of speech. Will any vendor out there give us special deals at less than cost?

Last edited by memasterac; 07-11-07 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-11-07, 10:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

And did you know I reversed that at the moderators' request well before you posted this??? The issue was the wording you chose to use in your last thread that made it sound like you were setting up a group buy.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Group Buys
Group Buys (GB) are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ group buy posts are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other forums is not allowed.

Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice.
Regardless, I recommend you PM SupraTRD and/or Carson-Lex or Lexus-Parts (Darrell at Sewell) and ask if one of them will sponsor a GB. In this case I'd recommend Darrell since he just had it on sale and may still be able to get you that price.
Old 07-11-07, 12:12 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

I got your PM, thanks. I didn't intend on setting up a Group Buy since I don't even have the means anyways. Just trying to see if there was one available at the moment on Group Buys so I can join to get a good discount on the Lexus exhaust.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I looked around and Sewell does have the best deal so far. Local dealers are charging an arm and a leg which is ridiculous.