IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Showroom Is

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-07, 08:01 PM
XIS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showroom Is

How many people got their Lexus IS from the Showroom like me?,I think that a Showroom Lexus is a special car,
Old 07-12-07, 08:04 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I did, but I don't feel any special affinity for it because it was on the dealer's floor. It is nice to see it for the first time all spotless and shiny, but other than that it is just another Lexus.
Old 07-12-07, 08:18 PM
XIS350
Driver

My IS350 when I saw it for the first time it was parked on the third floor of the showroom by itself surrounded by beautiful indoor decorations....it was like a dream, from that moment I believed that this car was special.
Old 07-12-07, 08:21 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Mine was on the showroom floor, and was the only car without the chromed out stock wheels on the showroom floor. The chromed out wheels are standard showroom material at the dealer I bought from.

I don't think it is anything special. In fact, I was a bit concerned because I couldn't test drive it without it being an act of congress to get it out.

I actually test drove an obsidian with the same features that was out on the lot.
Old 07-12-07, 08:25 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

I did as well. I actually wasn't thrilled at the time, tho. The dealership was packed that day and tons of people were getting in and out of it and leaning on it while we were closing the deal and for a little while thereafter until they got it out of there. I was watching them thinking "GET AWAY FROM MY CAR!"
Old 07-12-07, 08:38 PM
XIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by Foxberry
I did as well. I actually wasn't thrilled at the time, tho. The dealership was packed that day and tons of people were getting in and out of it and leaning on it while we were closing the deal and for a little while thereafter until they got it out of there. I was watching them thinking "GET AWAY FROM MY CAR!"
like I said mine was on the third floor...that's the VIP section not too manny people can get on the VIP elevator to get there.
Old 07-12-07, 08:42 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got mine via Special Order.

Mine never touched a showroom...
Old 07-12-07, 09:03 PM
mir
Driver

Originally Posted by XIS350
like I said mine was on the third floor...that's the VIP section not too manny people can get on the VIP elevator to get there.
That sounds special. Other than the fact that it was placed in a restricted area requiring special elevator, any other specialty?

BTW how many miles did it have? Mine was on the lot.
Old 07-12-07, 09:09 PM
s6 4rings
Lead Lap

Mine was pulled in the showroom the morning I bought it... and I called to have it locked up until I got there. They did.
Old 07-12-07, 09:20 PM
omihomiii
Rookie

Originally Posted by XIS350
all IS owners think that their car's special whether it was in the VIP room or not... unless u mean ur car's special caz "VIPs" touched it. mine is certainly not special
Old 07-12-07, 09:39 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

My deal came down to the gorgeus MR IS sitting right in the middle of the showroom floor, or the GFM IS out back that just came off the truck and still had all the protective skin on it. While I was strolling around contemplating which one to go with, I must have watched half a dozen people lean on, look in, or sit in the showroom one. Then a woman and her two little kids got in it. The kid in the front seat stood up on the seat and was talking to the one in the back seat, who had a finger jammed half a knuckle deep up his nose. That was pretty much the deal breaker for me. I bought the GFM, just knowing I would find that booger smear as soon as I got the MR one home, if I had chosen that one.
Old 07-13-07, 12:02 AM
fdelement
Driver

i don't think i would want a showroom car, who knows how many different asses sat in it and touched all over it. My car came straight from the warehouse where it has been since it docked at long beach.
Old 07-13-07, 12:31 AM
Wests
Lead Lap

From my experience, showroom cars generally have significantly more wear and tear on the inside than lot cars.
Old 07-13-07, 01:28 AM
cancellino
Pole Position

Mine, never saw the show room (Japan, Boat, Cali, Truck, Dealer, Me) and with only four miles on it, I felt very special as I am sure you did (do) - Congrats.
Old 07-13-07, 01:44 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldnt want a showroom car, filthy humans putting their dirty paws all over my precious...

Quick Reply: Showroom Is