Auto Tilt Mirror in Reverse Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 05:18 PM
sping123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I don't think so.

Originally Posted by devanaire0
is it possible to get this tilt feature added on later?
Old 07-24-07, 05:22 PM
sping123
Driver School Candidate

Same is here, I disable the auto-title mirrors most of the time, worrying that it would wear out. That's why I am gonna disable the auto-tilt away steering wheel feature too. I wish there is a switch I can disable the tilt-away steering wheel...

Originally Posted by Bichon
The auto-tilt mirrors may not be cool, but they are practical. The backup camera doesn't show how close you are to the curb when parallel parking.

(I'm afraid of wearing out the mechanism in the mirrors, so I actually leave mine disabled, and only flip the switch to activate them on the rare occasions when I parallel park.)
Old 01-28-08, 07:10 AM
anwallac
Rookie

so my driver side view mirror crapped out, sort of. Power tilt works fine, but as described in this thread, it doesn't properly tilt down in reverse. When I throw the tranny in reverse, the mirror tilts down small amount, and then when I go into drive it tilts down even more -- very annoying

anyways dealer said they are going to replace the mirror, my question is to anyone you may have had this done. Do they replace the whole mirror assembly (mirror, motor, housing), or do they just replace the motor unit inside?
Old 01-28-08, 08:19 AM
illawgical
Driver

I brought it into the dealer and they gave me some BS. My passenger side mirror doesnt go down as low as my driver side, so I asked them to check it out. They told me that it's supposed to be that way for parking purposes. Now, that makes no sense to me because in america, we drive on the right hand side... and in most cases, we also park on the right hand side... which means the curb will probably be on the passenger side, so isnt it logical for the passenger side to go down lower? I'm going to bring it back in again to get them to replace my mirror.
Old 01-28-08, 08:39 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
I actually leave mine disabled, and only flip the switch to activate them on the rare occasions when I parallel park.)
I do the same thing because the only time I want them to tilt is to check the curb. Its real annoying when you are tring to just back up and watch the sides.

Koz
Old 01-28-08, 10:24 AM
taylorjste
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anwallac
so my driver side view mirror crapped out, sort of. Power tilt works fine, but as described in this thread, it doesn't properly tilt down in reverse. When I throw the tranny in reverse, the mirror tilts down small amount, and then when I go into drive it tilts down even more -- very annoying

anyways dealer said they are going to replace the mirror, my question is to anyone you may have had this done. Do they replace the whole mirror assembly (mirror, motor, housing), or do they just replace the motor unit inside?
i had the same issue a few months back.. dealer replaced the entire mirror under warranty.. works like new.. i love lexus service
Old 01-28-08, 11:32 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

how long did it take?
Old 01-28-08, 12:02 PM
taylorjste
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ThoLe
how long did it take?
i don't remember exactly.. i think it was 2-3 days because the parts had to be ordered
Old 01-28-08, 12:11 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

ok thanks. My mirrors have been acting up so i just turn it off but i do want to get them fix before it runs out of warranty.
Old 03-23-08, 06:56 AM
Snutten
Driver School Candidate

bump. More with this problem?
Old 03-23-08, 09:14 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

bring it back to the dealer.. my friend got the same issue and the dealer fixed it under warranty. But take note that the parts need to be ordered first
Old 03-30-08, 10:00 AM
marlu
Driver

I can not adjust my passengerside mirror to the left or the right, i only goes upp or down not sidways, has anyone had this problem?
Old 03-30-08, 11:35 AM
kargahi
Driver

um... how does it work again??? so i havent read the manual yet... but can someone explan it to me?? do i have to put it on the L or R position or should i just leave it in the middle???
Old 03-30-08, 11:49 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this feature to be a bit distracting on my ES350 loaner car I had for a week. Just another servo motor to burn out over time and cost money. Maybe it is useful for some owners, but it reminds me of when Chrysler use to have fancy electronic features on cars in the late 80's like digital dash, voice alerts, etc. This is simply my opinion. Heated mirrors are always nice for bad winters.
Old 03-30-08, 12:16 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Well if the motor is weak then Lexus should replace it for free...

Quick Reply: Auto Tilt Mirror in Reverse Issue