IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

need some opinions on the glacier frost color

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 11:06 AM
rklee85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some opinions on the glacier frost color

how does glacier frost look in person compared to the starfire pearl? my dealer told me that they cant find any starfire pearls out there so they told me to pick another color and im considering the glacier frost. does anyone have any pics of how it looks when its clean? the GF looks more yellow to me and more of an off-white but maybe im wrong bcause i have never seen this color in person.
Old 07-16-07, 11:14 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 772 Likes on 540 Posts

Glacier Frost is my second favorite color (Sapphire Black Pearl being my fav). In the sun, it looks like white with a slight tinge of blue. I'm sure someone is going to come along and post some pics for you to see yourself.
Old 07-16-07, 11:15 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Glacier Frost... a very interesting color. Most of the time it looks to have a blue tint but in some light it can look like it has a light tint of grey, it can look champagne, it can even look pinkish.

Here are a couple pics of mine to show the color variation...

Old 07-16-07, 11:15 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rklee85
how does glacier frost look in person compared to the starfire pearl? my dealer told me that they cant find any starfire pearls out there so they told me to pick another color and im considering the glacier frost. does anyone have any pics of how it looks when its clean? the GF looks more yellow to me and more of an off-white but maybe im wrong bcause i have never seen this color in person.
I saw one the other day on a GS--it looked like gray primer. I think the color looks different in different light.

Are you ordering the Luxury Pkg or something (I had a hard time with that--ended up with my 3rd choice--Tungsten)? Seems insane they can't find Starfire Pearl.
Old 07-16-07, 11:24 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna say "nay" on GF. To me it looks like an aftermarket paint job done to cheap cars at a bad garage... The dull blue tint is the culprit for that impression on me, I think... Just doesn't look like a proper luxury car color. But everybody else seems to love it, and I really don't care about car color all that much, so take it for what it's worth.

I agree with the gray primer comment above. Car looks at times like it's not done being painted yet....
Old 07-16-07, 11:30 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Yeah I'm not a big fan of that color either. Then again I only like a few of the color choices. Lexus is pretty conservative when it comes to color.
Old 07-16-07, 01:24 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Crystal White / Starfire Pearl = White.

Glacier Frost Mica = White with blue hue/glow.
Old 07-16-07, 02:49 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I went from the White color to Glacier frost... kinda like the blue tinge to the paint. Besides GF seemed to shine a bit more in the California sunlight when you put the cars side by side. Also the fact that so many people have white cars in SoCali that I wanted my car to stick out a little. In the end, it's all a matter of personal choice.
Old 07-16-07, 03:27 PM
kqt2ktval
Driver

I have GFM. The color is awesome and you should definitely consider it. Like others said, the color shifts under different lighting. It looks the best under sunlight but looks dull at night. There are thousands of IS in Bay Area, I see at least 3-5 IS daily on my computer from work and home. Never have I see another GFM after owning the car for almost a year. It's also been known to the be the fastest color out there.
Old 07-16-07, 04:34 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rklee85
Welcome to Club Lexus!

I've said this a million times - unless the two paints are in the same picture, photographs comparing Glacier Frost Mica and Starfire Pearl/Crystal White are worthless, because the camera's white balance distorts the hue. Crystal White and Starfire Pearl are practically identical, but they are both very different than Glacier Frost Mica, which has a blue pearl effect seen here:

This picture is the best I could find to illustrate the difference between Glacier Frost and Crystal White/Starfire Pearl: (Glacier Frost on the left, Crystal White on the right)

Hope this helps!

Javier
Old 07-16-07, 04:35 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by sirkfc
I'm gonna say "nay" on GF. To me it looks like an aftermarket paint job done to cheap cars at a bad garage... The dull blue tint is the culprit for that impression on me, I think... Just doesn't look like a proper luxury car color. But everybody else seems to love it, and I really don't care about car color all that much, so take it for what it's worth.

I agree with the gray primer comment above. Car looks at times like it's not done being painted yet....
Wow - I wish you wouldn't hold back when you post, and tell us how you really feel...

Javier
Old 07-16-07, 04:40 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hehe, i bought my car according to int. color/xpac, i said 'what do you have with a black int. and xpac...'
Old 07-16-07, 04:40 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

The only negative comment I've ever gotten was that it's a "pretty" color... almost to the point of girlish. Oh wells.
Old 07-16-07, 04:48 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
The only negative comment I've ever gotten was that it's a "pretty" color... almost to the point of girlish. Oh wells.
YEA THATS THE WHOLE POINT!!! so GIRLS look at the car NOT BOIZ... my 5.0 mustang is a sausage magnet, i rev at girls at the bus stop and only the guys look BUT with the lexus now its a different story
Old 07-16-07, 05:09 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

HAHA, you all might enjoy reading this thread from a while back...

Javier

Quick Reply: need some opinions on the glacier frost color