IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NEED HELP, water in HEADLIGHTS...is250

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 08:50 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP, water in HEADLIGHTS...is250

hi members, i need help i have mist or moister in my headlights, just notice it a few times now, i first thought that when i put in my parking lights the cover wasnt tight so i took it off and put the cover on again made sure it was tight, but it still did you, do you think i should bring it to the dealer to have them look at it? do they charge for such a thing?? because i have my 15k on wednesday so i was wondering should i just have them check it out or is it something i can fix, let me know thanks
Old 07-16-07, 09:58 PM
nabisco
Lead Lap

Let the dealer take care of it. I'm sure it wont be a problem and it should be covered by warranty.
Old 07-16-07, 10:33 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The driver side cover is the hardest to get right, use a flashlite to make sure you got the tabs under the HID housing before you snap locky thingy on tight.
Old 07-16-07, 10:57 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealership will replace any headlight with condensation in the headlight under warranty soo no worry
Old 07-16-07, 11:21 PM
kschawaii
Pole Position

if you want to be really safe i would recommend you putting all your stock bulbs in and just play dumb... hahahaha
Old 07-16-07, 11:58 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

so the suggestion is that i should replace the led with the OEM parking lights and go to the dealership and play dumb? or should i go there with my LEDs and tell them to replace the headlight because its soo ugly with the condensation??? maybe tomorrow ill check again but i believe that the tabs are tyte, its not that bad of the condensation, so it should be ok..but i think i might want to play dumb because my headlights are little scratch...
Old 07-17-07, 12:01 AM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
the dealership will replace any headlight with condensation in the headlight under warranty soo no worry
eventhough i replace the stock bulbs with LED? i was looking in the manual they allow you to replace the parking lights, so im pretty sure there shouldnt be a problem than since i just replace the bulb, if they didnt want people to be able to replace the bulbs than why would they put the instruction?? let me know what i should do soon since im going to the dealer on wednesday so i can have the right game plan..
Old 07-17-07, 12:01 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

yups put in the stock and play dumb... and then when you get it back put in the leds.
Old 07-17-07, 12:04 AM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

ok good idea than when i put the LED back just make sure i put them on tighter this time.
Old 07-17-07, 02:56 AM
blkonblk17
Driver

put the stock ones back on. you never know what they will say. you might leave the leds and blame it on you, saying you should of taken it to a lexus certified dealership to put a new bulb bla bla bla so just play it safe. put oem bulb back and act dumb =)
Old 07-17-07, 03:28 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blkonblk17
put the stock ones back on. you never know what they will say. you might leave the leds and blame it on you, saying you should of taken it to a lexus certified dealership to put a new bulb bla bla bla so just play it safe. put oem bulb back and act dumb =)
+1
Old 07-17-07, 07:09 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blkonblk17
+2
Old 07-17-07, 08:01 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quite the double standard here. Everyone is always knocking the 'stealership' and their perceived unfair advantage. Yet no one has any problem here trying to deceive the dealer into fixing a problem that is caused by the owner by his own actions. Why not man up and just pay for your own goof up? Why should the dealer pay for it?
Old 07-17-07, 09:27 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

+3
Originally Posted by ben_r_
+2
Old 07-17-07, 09:46 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Quite the double standard here. Everyone is always knocking the 'stealership' and their perceived unfair advantage. Yet no one has any problem here trying to deceive the dealer into fixing a problem that is caused by the owner by his own actions. Why not man up and just pay for your own goof up? Why should the dealer pay for it?
ROFL yea, its like in that other thread about the guy getting ripped off for D4S bulbs, what are you teaching your children by trying to cheat the stealership? Those guys that work there have bills/kids too and they need their paychecks... blah blah blah... rabble rabble rabble...

*cough*course im waiting to paint my calipers till after i get the brake TSIB done

Quick Reply: NEED HELP, water in HEADLIGHTS...is250