Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hook Me Up With Some Free Stuff!!!!
and nice TOM'S bling bling.
Old 07-19-07, 12:58 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I hate stickers on cars. But if they paid me or gave me stuff, I might consider.
Old 07-19-07, 03:13 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
LMFAO HAHAHAHAH I see you had KDW2s?? How are they?? Im gonna get those also and Ive been dying to ride in a car with them.
They were absolutely fabulous! LOT of grip, sometimes people tells me that I baby those Endless because I don't brake enough before taking a corner, but it's actually because these tires grind too well to the ground.
Old 07-19-07, 05:45 PM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS300eR
it's sponsors not sponsers lol.

as for the graphics, they're there for advertising purpose as I'm sure you already knew (plus I'm sure you wouldn't turn down the opportunity if they pay you good $ as well on top of free products); FYI the car was like this when I daily it:
Actually, I WOULD turn them down. Lexus doesn't need our help to make the IS350 better. You can't get much more out of the 350's engine, which is why they are shoehorning a V8 in the IS-F.

Also, you end up owning yourself on the vehicles warranty.

Most people look at a sponsor sticker and don't even know what half those companies make or produced for the car. "It says Tom's on the side...that's good right? I need a Tom's....something, I dunno what, but I need a Tom's thing."

Last edited by ThaDRD; 07-19-07 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-20-07, 12:54 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
Actually, I WOULD turn them down. Lexus doesn't need our help to make the IS350 better. You can't get much more out of the 350's engine, which is why they are shoehorning a V8 in the IS-F.
I don't think anyone knows what you were referring to, but the goal for this vehicle build was not to advertise for 'Lexus', but for those companies that put in both products & money & effort into the car and the show tour.

Also, you end up owning yourself on the vehicles warranty.
um, no, FYI the warranty is still there, engine's untouched for now.

Most people look at a sponsor sticker and don't even know what half those companies make or produced for the car. "It says Tom's on the side...that's good right? I need a Tom's....something, I dunno what, but I need a Tom's thing."
People that are in the 'target market' or 'niche' will know exactly what they are looking at, and that's the whole point of doing such advertising; it is NOT for everyone.

And where do you see any Tom's decal on the car? there isn't one lol; you have some great points in the argument, but due to false assumptions, they're just unrelated to the topic.
Old 07-20-07, 12:56 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suka4thong
Hook Me Up With Some Free Stuff!!!!
and nice TOM'S bling bling.
hey you're the owner of that SLAMMED IS @ nightshift SD right? car looks great in person!
Old 07-20-07, 08:32 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Who told you that you cannot get much more power out of the 350s engine??
Old 07-20-07, 09:23 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Who told you that you cannot get much more power out of the 350s engine??
There have been many an argument on CL that say even bolting a supercharger wouldn't yield enough horsepower to make it worth your time or money.

In fact, I have now gone against the idea of an aftermarket exhaust and intake after seeing the barely noticable gains in horsepower. I'm sure your sponsors don't like hearing that.

The 350 just isn't a tuner's car in the same realm as, say a Subaru WRX that has actual stages; each stage bringing the car to noticablly new horsepower and performance levels.
Old 07-20-07, 10:02 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Stop the hate. This is a show car and is sponsored. I think putting on decals for free/heavily discounted products is a fair exchange. As for too flashy? Well, obviously it's a SHOW car so it's supposed to attract attention at shows. It is obviously not his daily driver since he's having the car trailered across the country. This hate usually stems from people with stock cars or people who have no idea what car shows are all about.

If you don't like it, that's fine. You've had your say now move on IMO.
Old 07-20-07, 11:09 AM
suka4thong
Advanced

Originally Posted by IS300eR
hey you're the owner of that SLAMMED IS @ nightshift SD right? car looks great in person!
yea~!!!! ur car is better!
Old 07-20-07, 11:21 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

There have been many an argument on CL that say even bolting a supercharger wouldn't yield enough horsepower to make it worth your time or money.

In fact, I have now gone against the idea of an aftermarket exhaust and intake after seeing the barely noticable gains in horsepower. I'm sure your sponsors don't like hearing that.

The 350 just isn't a tuner's car in the same realm as, say a Subaru WRX that has actual stages; each stage bringing the car to noticablly new horsepower and performance levels.
The motor hasnt yield much power from boost due to its high compression. Im sure within time there will be some nice turbo kits and such for the car unless you have money you can do custom.
Old 07-20-07, 02:30 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

daviddd!! can i claim ur car to be mine at the PAS booth since ur not gonna be there ANYWAYS? ;]
Old 07-22-07, 05:13 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Dave, you showing at Nisei Week?
i'm not sure yet, a family member is in the hospital right now @ taiwan, so i will be going there very soon for atleast a month or two.
Old 07-22-07, 06:17 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I saw the car at Night Shift but was a little dissapointed at the Motegi's on the car. I would go back to the Work's if it was me..... And whoever takes your car out from the transport truck should be shot because the car looked like it was just driven off the truck and stuck in the space. It was dirty and had the Motegi boxes just shoved in the back seat.....
Old 07-22-07, 06:22 PM
flyfl1pguy

Tom's underbrace is looking good Dave!

Quick Reply: ***Team Hybrids ISx50***