IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Were you able to get your first choice of color for your IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 01:23 PM
Lex5150
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were you able to get your first choice of color for your IS350?

Hi all,

I have been casually shopping for an IS350 for a while now. (Also looking at Infinity and BMW). I notice they are in somewhat of a short supply and when I tell them I am looking for Starfire Pearl with black leather, they dont seem very receptive and ask if there are any other colors I would be interested in.

So did any of you guys have to settle for your 2nd or 3rd choice in color for availability?
Old 07-19-07, 01:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, but I Special Ordered mine...

Most people found their first color choice by calling as many dealership as possible, and making sure the car was available on the lot. Some dealerships will say they do, but as soon as you get there, they don't have it and try to sell you a different color.

Best thing to do is call around. Don't forget that the 350 is already in short supply compared to the 250, and getting popular colors such as Obsidian, Smoky Granite, and Tungsten will be very difficult to get.
Old 07-19-07, 01:38 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Black is the most popular exterior color with black being the most popular interior color, followed by cashmere, and then sterling grey. If you want a silver or dark grey (smokey granite) IS350 those can easily be had. I've seen enough whites around to know they're not that rare. Any of the other colors (glacier frost mica, breakwater blue, blue sapphire, desert sage green, and matador red mica) are definitely harder to find. First consider that they did not make that many IS350s compared to the IS250. Certain exterior/interior color combinations were never manufactured and if you want them you have to special order the car which takes 3-4 months. You would have better luck from a shear numbers standpoint if you go for an IS250 or are more flexible on the packages you want on the car.
Old 07-19-07, 01:57 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

My first choice was the black sapphire pearl w/ a black interior. However, I was told by 5 dealers (and their internet departments) that they didn't have any 350s in that color combo. Then I was considering Glacier Frost Mica, but I fell in love with the lux pkg and ended up with a Tungsten (3rd choice)
Old 07-19-07, 02:03 PM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Oh yeah mine will be matador red on sterling grey, but I special ordered and still have at least a two month wait before I get it.
Old 07-19-07, 02:03 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

tungsten pearl on black was my first choice.

but what made mine hard to find (at that time) was that i wanted the sports package too...
Old 07-19-07, 02:13 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I wanted a SGM 6MT but lexus never made one for 07 (unless you special order one)....

lexus only make 6MT in TP and Obsidian....so w/o ordering, TP would be my choice....
Old 07-19-07, 02:15 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

chrystal white on cashmere was my first choice. But they only had a chrystal white with grey interior. There were 120 miles on the car while i test drove it. the grey interior didnt do it for me at all plus i didnt wanna spend my money on a brand new car that already has over 100 miles on it. The salesman told me that that morning a brand new metador red with cashmere just arrive. i took one look at it, test drove it while there were only like 8miles on it. brought the car that day.
Old 07-19-07, 02:29 PM
Joneser
Driver

BLACK SAPPHIRE ON BLACK INTERIOR WAS WHAT I WANTED.... had an IS250 on hold with this combo during the "december to remember" sale... went to another dealership for leverage but they didn't have any and i was to impatient... long story short i went with the tungsten pearl IS350 that same night cause the deal was too sweet to pass up over my third/ close second choice of color. the difference in 2k for the bigger engine, so i rolled with it.

Besides, most of my time is on the inside looking out anyway.
Old 07-19-07, 02:44 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

i wanted starfirepearl/black but i settle with starfire/cashmere
Old 07-19-07, 02:44 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my color combo from the place I tried. Its a popular combo (black on black) so Im sure everyone had it.
Old 07-19-07, 02:52 PM
ac281
Driver School Candidate

I'm totally **** about stuff like that. I could just never buy a car that I'm going to drive for a few years unless it's the exact color I want. I ended up selling my last car on a whim when someone made an offer so I had to get a car fast. I actually wanted the new G35 that had JUST come out (Last November) and I was at the Infiniti dealer every day trying to get the dark graphite color with the NAV, Tech package and Sport suspension, but they couldn't get it soon enough. I then even went to try and buy a BMW 335, but again, couldn't find the color I wanted.

Then, one fateful morning when I was at the Infiniti dealer trying to finagle my way into a G35 again, I noticed the Lexus dealer across the street. I decided to stop by and have a look at the IS350, and when I test drove the IS350 in the SGM color, I fell in love. I think I bought the car the next day.
Old 07-19-07, 02:56 PM
Toptier
Pole Position

I wanted Starfire/black and one happen to come in with the exact package and options I wanted.
Old 07-19-07, 02:58 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Got the exact car I asked for... Glacier with Black interior W/ Sports Pack + ML/Nav and the silly wing. The only thing I could have asked for more was the Parking Assist, but hell with it, I'm not going to complain much about that considering I got the rest with the exact color spec.

I almost settled with White as my second choice, but the salesman was able to get me the exact car.

If you ask the dealership to see their log for incoming cars, you will see that the Starfire is one of the cars which is heavily ordered... it shouldn't be too hard to find the Starfire on Black.
Old 07-19-07, 03:00 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin8
I wanted a SGM 6MT but lexus never made one for 07 (unless you special order one)....

lexus only make 6MT in TP and Obsidian....so w/o ordering, TP would be my choice....
Hehe theres a 6mt/matador red on the lot at Servco right now *as of yesterday that is*

My criteria for the car was is350/xpac/black int., ext. color didnt matter.

Quick Reply: Were you able to get your first choice of color for your IS350?