IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 03:43 AM
fdelement
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a bit deceiving when using the lexus website to build your car. Reason being most dealers buy very few combinations of IS' so you're not going to get exactly what you customize online at the dealership (unless you're willing to wait 3+ months for them to custom build one for you).

Also I finanaced my car through Westminister Lexus at a flat 6%. I'm pretty sure they used Chase or something to finance my car and not directly from Lexus. You're not going to find any rates lower than 6% today.
Old 07-23-07, 04:31 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AKK
Costco is 6%, market rate is 6.7%.... no deal there really.

Infinity is 1.9%, and Acura is 4.9% with $1500 off from Acura for the TL, making that very attractive vs an IS.

I'm tending to gravitate back towards Acura due to $....
I think even another TSX would be ok, cept next year a new one is coming out. I feel weird driving the identical car for the next 4 years....

What else is in the TSX/IS250 class (small sports sedan) and is made by toyota/Honda. Basically a fully loaded Accord only?
You may really want to consider the Infiniti G35--I looked at a G35x. They were pricing $600 over dealer invoice. I got the sense that it was easier to get one with or without whatever packages you wanted--unlike Lexus that just builds them a certian way--period.

Really--go to Lexus.com and build one. You'll see real quickly how they equip nav cars in your area.

Other cars in the class (not all of which are truly "comparable" to the Lexus in style, quality, etc): Audi A4, Saab 9-3, Volvo S40, Cadilac CTS, BMW 328, Jaguar X-Type. For the $$, you could proably get a good price on a fully loaded Nissan Maxima.
Old 07-23-07, 04:51 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by fdelement
Its a bit deceiving when using the lexus website to build your car. Reason being most dealers buy very few combinations of IS' so you're not going to get exactly what you customize online at the dealership (unless you're willing to wait 3+ months for them to custom build one for you).
I take it you've never actually tried the "Build your IS" feature of the site. When you plug in your zip code, it only shows you that handful of restricted option combinations that dealers in your region are getting for their stock -- that's why I suggested it to the original poster. The mistake that most people make is that they go to the "Pricing and options" page, and assume that they can find any combination of options from that page.
Old 07-23-07, 06:00 AM
oliveryo
Driver

when you went to go test drive the car, why didn't you just ask the exact same questions you posted on this forum? that way, you could of posted what they said and we would either tell you, go for it, and or find another dealer.
Old 07-23-07, 08:23 AM
fdelement
Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
I take it you've never actually tried the "Build your IS" feature of the site. When you plug in your zip code, it only shows you that handful of restricted option combinations that dealers in your region are getting for their stock -- that's why I suggested it to the original poster. The mistake that most people make is that they go to the "Pricing and options" page, and assume that they can find any combination of options from that page.
Actually i have. As soon as you type in the zip code it gives you a whole bunch of packages you can choose from. I can tell you right now no CALI dealerships offer all the packages offered on this website. For example, as i've learned from 5 different dealers, all 07 IS350s come with rear spoiler; yet the website shows IS350 options without rear spoiler.

Also when you input the zip code it basically shows the dealer closest to that zip code, not the "handful of restricted option combinations that dealers in your region are getting for their stock."
Old 07-23-07, 08:25 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fdelement
Actually i have. As soon as you type in the zip code it gives you a whole bunch of packages you can choose from. I can tell you right now no CALI dealerships offer all the packages offered on this website. For example, as i've learned from 5 different dealers, all 07 IS350s come with rear spoiler; yet the website shows IS350 options without rear spoiler.

Also when you input the zip code it basically shows the dealer closest to that zip code, not the "handful of restricted option combinations that dealers in your region are getting for their stock."
Isn't there a "show more dealers" option?
Old 07-23-07, 01:05 PM
mir
Driver

My MSRP was 38,100 and I got it for 32,695, which is lower than the dealer invoice. As some folks already mentioned, dealers still make money on holdback, transportation, doc fee etc.... So keep on negotiating and start the process on last week of the month. Trust me that makes a difference.