IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oem Hid Problem!!!! Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-07 | 02:29 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Default Oem Hid Problem!!!! Need Help

two weeks ago i had my driver side headlight housing replace due to condensation, yesterday i notice that my stock lowbeam (HID) was off, so i turn it off than turn it back on, it would turn on and than would like short out and turn off on its own, the other headlight works fine, so i was wondering what i should do? take it to the dealer for sure?? or what?? do you guys think its a lose connection like maybe when they swap out the housing they didnt replace the bulb good enough?? i mean it would turn on but than like 5 minutes later it would turn off like it would short out, im scared and nervous it should be cover by warranty right?
Old 07-28-07 | 04:33 PM
r1lee
Intermediate

warranty, take it to dealer.
Old 07-28-07 | 04:48 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

No brainer. Back to the dealer, it's under warranty.
Old 07-28-07 | 05:04 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

thanks thanks, that what i thought no brainer, under warranty, as long as i didnt modified right?? because i didnt all i did was just change out the parking lights..
Old 07-28-07 | 05:15 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kidluvsole
thanks thanks, that what i thought no brainer, under warranty, as long as i didnt modified right?? because i didnt all i did was just change out the parking lights..
just to be safe take the parking lights out, because sometimes dealer will make any excuse to not honor the warranty if they believe the parking lights had something to do with it
Old 07-28-07 | 07:22 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee
No brainer. Back to the dealer, it's under warranty.
Def agreed!!!!!
Old 07-29-07 | 02:39 AM
ISCjonny
Racer

i just took my is to the service center last week for that problem... its a faulty ignitor. good thing its under warranty. got the invoice and it would have cost 1300 to fix... they'll replace the HID set up and give u a new bulb.
Old 07-29-07 | 09:08 AM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Originally Posted by is350jonny
i just took my is to the service center last week for that problem... its a faulty ignitor. good thing its under warranty. got the invoice and it would have cost 1300 to fix... they'll replace the HID set up and give u a new bulb.
oh woah yah well a couple weeks ago i had my housing changed out they would have cost 1200 thank it was under warranty, but see i think when the tech put the new housing in, i dont think he did a good enough JOB because i have no problem with my passenger side the side that he didnt mess with, i just have a problem with the side he mess with, well i have my appointment at 7 30 at newport tomorrow morning i pretty sure it should be a problem, but im still nervous...
Old 07-29-07 | 11:57 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

hahahha same thing happend to me.. i changed my highbeams out and i didnt close it properly.. the left side was the worst since there was little room to work.. but now that i messed up like a 1000 times i can do it no problem.. but im gettin new headlights tomorrow the condensation inside is so bad the water is short circuiting your light and turns off.. been like 4 days now it sucks lol
Old 07-30-07 | 12:23 AM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
hahahha same thing happend to me.. i changed my highbeams out and i didnt close it properly.. the left side was the worst since there was little room to work.. but now that i messed up like a 1000 times i can do it no problem.. but im gettin new headlights tomorrow the condensation inside is so bad the water is short circuiting your light and turns off.. been like 4 days now it sucks lol
but the problem is that i have no water in my headlight, this is brand new headlight i just got and then i even wash my car a few days after i changed out my parking lights, and it still work i made sure that the cap was close tight so i would have no more condensation like before, so yah i dont know what it should be but i know it will get fix tomorrow..i mean in the manual they allow you to change your parking light no problem but your just not sappose to play with your HID, which i didnt so should be a problem...right?
Old 07-30-07 | 12:54 PM
kidluvsole
Pole Position

just got back from newport, they said the ballast is going out, so they order me a new ballast and a new HID bulb, and will arrive in a few days, so good deal??its weird tho how it would just go out after i got my housing replace, i think cerritos lexus dont know what they are doing, they suck..
Old 07-30-07 | 03:27 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kidluvsole
but the problem is that i have no water in my headlight, this is brand new headlight i just got and then i even wash my car a few days after i changed out my parking lights, and it still work i made sure that the cap was close tight so i would have no more condensation like before, so yah i dont know what it should be but i know it will get fix tomorrow..i mean in the manual they allow you to change your parking light no problem but your just not sappose to play with your HID, which i didnt so should be a problem...right?
ohh haha sorry didnt read it thoroughly my screen is pretty far from me.. but yeah glad your getting it fixed.. i just got my headlights replaced today along with my new drl and citylight bulbs installed. im happy